FreshhhTilllDeathhh

Ladies...how do do you feel about men fighting over you?

11 posts in this topic

I mean literally fighting with fists, elbows, knees and the works.

You know the classic movie scene, sweet girl, jerk boyfriend, guy that girl that girl really wants to be with: The jerk bf gets mad that his "woman" has been talking to the nice guy, fighting ensues.

Or say you have a couple that is very much together and some random dude is trying his best to hit on the girlfriend and the boyfriend "defends" her with his fist.

Romantic?

Honorable?

Stupid?

Embarrassing?

Please shed some insight

post-1779-0-49796700-1337818529_thumb.gi

The only thing I would like would be a guy helping to defend me against a creeper/sexual assaulter...

I had a date a while back with an interesting woman. She and I met at a crowded bar for drinks. A gentleman bumped the table and a part of her drink slopped a bit (not on her just on the table I might add). It was very crowded and understandable that he did not do this on purpos. But the most vile things came out of her mouth at him. When he called my date a bitch she proceded to dump his drink on him. She proceded to chew me out for not defending her honor.

I replied to her

1) I am glad to defend a ladies honor but your not prooving to be a lady

2) If you are going to be the type of woman that puts me into situations where I must defend your honor I want nothing to do with you. I have 2 kids who depend on me. In the olden days I could pop a guy in the mouth for being dishonorable. Now that will get me thrown in jail for assault.

She was really mad when I bought the guy another drink.

The woman worth fighting for is going to do her damnest to keep you away from having to fight.

4 people like this

The woman worth fighting for is going to do her damnest to keep you away from having to fight.

I like that. And yeah I agree it's not like the movies where you go out to the parking lot, have it out with some guy, and then everyone goes home....you and him would be in the back of a squad car...I think avoiding that situation is the best bet lol! Although if the circumstances warranted it (i.e. what Sally said) then it's a different story.

It's funny how I've never really been the alpha male type, or condoned any form of violence, yet that all changed when I felt like my girl was being threatened while she was driving (as a learner, I might add!). I never thought I could ever want to punch someone in the face, but when my girl was being shouted at by a middle-aged man for something that wasn't even her fault, I literally felt my adrenaline skyrocket and something inside me was baying for this guy's blood. Luckily for all he turned down another street soon after that, but if we had stopped it would have taken all my willpower to not get out of the car and pummel him.

It's the first time I've ever felt like having a violent response (except in actual self-defence) and it's the only time that would cause it; when someone that I loved was being threatened.

But yes, 99.99% of the time I'm able to diffuse situations rather than escalate them and generally go the other way and try and avoid all conflict.

1 person likes this

When guys fight, I think it's just pathetic and animalistic. Unless I am in danger, there is no need for my boyfriend to get physically violent, thank you very much. I abhor violence.

Well I agree with what Naturally posted. A smart guy will find other means to defend himself, and the woman he loves (not just use his fists). However, I also feel similar to DD and Sally, in that, if circumstances call for it (ie, defending a woman against a mugger) then the situation would be different.

I believe in life you have to know when to pick your battles. If some jerk is spewing insults, he's not worth the attention. Nothing is worth getting hurt over petty words. I'm a scrawny guy anyways and I would not last in a fist fight.

But if someone threatened my life or worse, the life of my girl with harm, there is no holding back. I will shoot them. End of story.

Ladies...how do do you feel about men fighting over you?

never had that one happen before......and hope it never will

Unless some stranger puts their hands on me with anger or bad intentions I don't expect or want anybody to come to blows over me. I think insults are taken, not given so I can just ignore rude or inappropriate behavior as long as I am in no danger. The only time I let words get to me is when they come from somebody that I care about. I would hate for somebody to get hurt on my account over something silly that I would otherwise have forgotten about in a week or less. Not only that, I don't want him getting arrested for being hot headed, I'd much rather keep the peace and laugh about whatever ridiculous thing happened later.

And one thing I've realized, at least in GA, is that a lot of people have permits to carry concealed weapons, and I certainly don't want to piss off somebody who knows how to use their gun. You never know what you could be walking into.

4 people like this

And one thing I've realized, at least in GA, is that a lot of people have permits to carry concealed weapons, and I certainly don't want to piss off somebody who knows how to use their gun. You never know what you could be walking into.

Georgia sounds like my kind of state :)