Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bethe

While We Were Becoming

6 posts in this topic

I found a quote that went something like before we became the story of us we had to write the chapters of you and I ,or something like that.

I think it's easy, especially as you get older to become so consumed with waiting, that you forget that there are (hopefully) many other aspects to your life that shouldn't be forgotten about interests and goals and such.

One of the things I'm doing while I wait for the other pea to my pod built for two, is going back to school for a degree in nursing.

I also have a bunch of other stuff that I'd like to do , most of that stuff can be done in a relationship or not, but much of that list is easier to do when you're single or at least without the responsibilities of a marriage and you can just get up and go.

What are you doing while you wait?

Finishing school, going to concerts, traveling.....trying to check things off my bucket list =P for example, one was to go skiing for the first time, which I did while in college, riding on a motorcycle, which I 've done recently, go to all 50 states (will probably take a lifetime), go out of the country (next summer) etc.

Hi Bethe! Good question!

I'm still at high school at the moment, so I want to finish there first of all. At the moment whilst still at school, all I want to do is have fun with my friends, get all my qualifications, and start learning to drive.

Once I've left school, I guess the world's my oyster! (I've never understood that phrase; I don't even like oysters, as far as I know) I'd really like to study musical theatre arts at college or university. Then, I want to be in as may stage musicals as possible. Hopefully over the course of my life I'll become more and more successful and famous (not like celebrity-famous, just in-the-industry-famous) so I'll be able to star in some of my very favourite musicals: Phantom of the Opera, The King and I, Les Miserables, etc.

Other little things I'd really like to do are:

1. Walk the West Highland Way, which is a 109 mile walk across the west of Scotland, with my friends, perhaps for charity.

2. Read a lot of books, including the complete works of Shakespeare.

3. Learn to ride a bike (I know it sounds silly, but I never learned to because when I was little and first tried to ride it without my stabilizers, I fell over and a neighbour saw me, and from then on I was adament I never wanted to do it again. On the plus side, I'm really good at riding those kick-scooter things).

4. Become completely fluent (or as close as possible) in French.

5. Perform lots of little acts of charity. I love the idea that one day I could be so rich that I'll just be able to give loads of it away. I'd love to help out people in my free time, just to feel like I was actually making a difference.

6. This one will probably sound disgusting to a lot of you, but, I'd really like to try some "weird" foods, like: crocodile, kangaroo, snails, frog's legs etc. I've already tried a giant ant, a mealworm and a cricket (seasoned with thai green curry powder). The cricket was delicious!

7. Go and see loads of musicals and plays. And add to my collection of souvenir t-shirts.

That's all I can think of right now. If I think of any more, I'll edit this post to add them in.

xxx

1. Becoming an Olympic fencer (maybe even bringing home the U.S.'s first men's gold medal in a fencing event...prolly epee).

2. Learning pentjak silat (an Indonesian Muslim martial art).

3. Learning some computer languages.

4. Getting through a double major in Bioengineering and Middle Eastern/South Asian/Islamic Studies.

5. Learning as much as I can about my faith and actually acting upon my knowledge...such as working on developing a better character (like anger control, etc.). Funny thing is, when I asked an older Muslim what I needed to do to get ready for marriage, he said (with a laugh): "Work on your iman (faith)...you're gonna need it!"

6. Travelling the World (and hopefully making the Hajj, if possible).

7. Working when I can and paying off any and all loans I might have.

Jegsy I've tried crocodile, and it's not too bad! I guess I'll post my list too, lol. I've done quite a few of these, so really it's more about getting back into some of them, but others I'd like to try.

1. Dance

2. Archery

3. Rock climbing

4. Swim lessons

5. Yoga

6. Martial arts

7. Painting/drawing/photography/sculpture

8. Sewing lessons

9. Guitar/piano/violin/cello

10. Language/Spanish/French/chinese/sign

11. Volunteer animal/people

12. Surfing

13. Flight school

14. Skydiving

15. Rugby

16. Rowing

17. Soccer

18. Ice skating

19. Chicks with sticks

20. Sailing

21. Bowling

22. Paintball

23. Trapeze

24. Gymnastics

25. Knitting

26. Ride Motorcycle

27. Scuba dive

28. Cooking/baking lessons

29. Softball

30. Travel everywhere literally every continent

31. Finish my schooling

32. Open my dream business

33. Singing lessons

34. Kickball

35. Ultimate Frisbee

36. Spasketball

37. Hot air balloon

This one will probably sound disgusting to a lot of you, but, I'd really like to try some "weird" foods, like: crocodile, kangaroo, snails, frog's legs etc. I've already tried a giant ant, a mealworm and a cricket (seasoned with thai green curry powder). The cricket was delicious!

Ha this is awesome. I love trying new things so I'm totally on board with this. I have had crocodile and it's pretty good. I have also had snails and frog legs. I've eaten ants but they weren't giant. I have yet to try mealworms and crickets. I once saw a food show where they featured a cricket salad and since then I've wanted to try it. I don't know if I could stomach it but it sure looked good!