Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Uncertain

Hey All

6 posts in this topic

Well I've been perusing these forums for a while and today I finally decided to join up.

I'm an average (I think) guy from Canada. As you may have ascertained from my name I am not sure about the whole WTM thing. I want to be with the one I love, and only her. However at the same time I love the person I'm with now, but how am I to know if this love will be the one? Yet at the same time I want to give myself both body and soul to the one I love now.

So that's me, just an average guy with a few dilemmas.

I'm also a writer, and I do several sports.

S'up!

Welcome to the site, Uncertain.

Hopefully we will be able to be of some use to you.

Hi Uncertain! Glad you joined us!!

I hope this site helps you with your dilemma. Waiting is very tough when you are with someone you love, I can only imagine that it is 100 times harder if you're not sure whether you're waiting for marriage or for love.

I guess one question you should ask yourself is "how would I feel if I slept with my current love but she ended up not being the one?" How would you feel telling the one about your past sexual relationship? How do you imagine the one would feel about it? Once you figure out this you need to weigh it against your desire to be with your current love, and then you should follow your heart.

Maybe this isnt such good advice, you have probably thought of all this already but luckily this site is full of the various arguments for and against as I'm sure you well know. Hopefully this will help you on your journey. Whatever you decide, there is no judgement on this site.

Can I ask how your girlfriend feels about the waiting question? Is she on board or does she not get it? Have to talked to her about it? Although its a tough road she may see the merit in waiting to see if you both are "the one" for each other. She may respect and even like the idea. Then again, it's not a path for everyone.

Best of luck, and I look forward to hearing from you on the forums!

MM

Hi Uncertain!

Welcome! Hope that you find the encouragement and support that you deserve here.

Holdingtohope

Hi Uncertain! Welcome to the forums! I hope you find the direction you are seeking with your dilemma that will be both beneficial to you and your s/o. Be blessed!