holdingtohope

What's one thing you want to do in your lifetime?

42 posts in this topic

Fall in love for real.

Have children.

Publish a book.

Go to Greece and to Troy.

And inspire at least one other person's life for the better :)

5 people like this

Move to Montana and try to survive in the wilderness for a month with few supplies.

Drive the hell out of my car on the Nurburgring Nordschleife!

Become a crazy old cat lady. Minus the cats though, I'll just have a lot of cute beagle doggies instead. :D   :wub:

3 people like this

Rule a nation or at least change it significantly through legal reform!!! Muauhahaha 

Besides that I'd really like to visit South America see its mountains, rainforests, and slums, oh and Angel Falls would be nice  :D

Watching grandchildren play in the garden amidst flowers, on a rainy day while the sun sets holding my waited wife's hand, hearing her soft laughter.

3 people like this

To bring life into this world; to become a mother.

That would make me truly happy. :)

4 people like this

Watching grandchildren play in the garden amidst flowers, on a rainy day while the sun sets holding my waited wife's hand, hearing her soft laughter.

Or, it would have been better like this:

To pass away in my waited wife's arms, immediately after having had happily watched my biological grandchildren and children of those who we adopted play amidst lovely flowers while drizzling and drops are tickling-cold, on a bright evening with dark sky.

2 people like this

Interesting question.

I would want to save someone's life. Whether it be rescuing them from a burning building, or talking down someone before they pull the trigger on someone... whatever way, I want to know I was the reason that someone got to live another day and had one more opportunity to grow as a person.

2 people like this

I'd like to spread out an "Earth's Greatest Hits" tour throughout my life and travel around the world experiencing the coolest places nature has to offer. So I guess I better get crackin' on a} making money or b} becoming a nomad.

2 people like this

I would love to work out a general relativity theory I have been working on that may hold promise to unifying the forces of nature.  Since science never promises to verify an indeed falsifiable hypothesis, it would still be worth knowing that a complete differential geometry picture of nature works or not.  Even if it fails, I would have eliminated one of the strategies on reconciling gravity with the other forces of nature.

Stay tuned, I might be able to get going on this sooner than I might think.  Newton was a waiter (although for life, it seems), as many other physicists were; he was able to get physics started as a mathematical discipline.  Waiting has it perks in producing people who have enough resources to figure these things out for us...

I can't believe no one has said this yet.

I want to have SEX.

Got to be married first but I want to have sex sometime in my lifetime. Hopefully in the next year or two.

I want to have SEX.

Got to be married first but I want to have sex sometime in my lifetime. Hopefully in the next year or two.

Dude, you're so right. How did we miss that one? lol. But yeah same here. I really, really want to have sex. Of course the emotional component of it is really important, but I also really long for the physical part of it too. Maybe that's just the guy in me, but it's true.

2 people like this

I want to have SEX.

Dude, you're so right. How did we miss that one? lol. But yeah same here. I really, really want to have sex. Of course the emotional component of it is really important, but I also really long for the physical part of it too. Maybe that's just the guy in me, but it's true.

You guys aren't alone. I want it too. Aside from wanting to have sex, i probably would say a trip on the Orient Express.

2 people like this

Two things I want to experience in life:

1) Receive the gift of friendship

2) Bestow the gift of love and acceptance