Invincible

How do you feel about being called "hot?"

59 posts in this topic

But if you ask me that is "hot" not the belts as skirts/cleavage down to your navel slutty look. To me that isnt hot, it's trashy. A woman is hot and sexy when she dresses respectably without showing too much skin and walks with an air of confidence and elegance.

I completely agree. Confidence and modesty - not bravado and arrogance - is always attractive in a woman, I think. And men too.

most guys I know use the word "beautiful" sparingly when describing a girl. it seems to be reserved for those they truly find beautiful, inside and out.

if the girl has sexual appeal (and that's all they see), then I guess "hot" is the right term. also using the word "hot" to describe a girl is also very adolescent. brings me back to my middle/high-school days.

I don't like hot or sexy at all

I honestly prefer cute and pretty over hot and sexy any day

I even prefer cute and pretty even over beautiful

(I get called beautiful the most but unfortunately not from any men my age lol).

I am going to play devil's advocate here. In the aspect of a long relationship (marriage). Lets say years. Beautifull is nice. An I love you is better. But a woman still needs to know she has raw sex appeal and can make her husbands trousers uncomfortable just with what she is (or isnt) wearing. So an occational, and unexpected "MMMM wife you are so hot" can put a blush on a woman after years of marriage.

As far as now you are doing everything you can to be seen by men as something more than just sexual. In a marriage there is nothing wrong nor unhealthy about your husband letting you know he DOES see you as the object of his sexual desires (assuming he sees you as everything else as well).

9 people like this

I am going to play devil's advocate here. In the aspect of a long relationship (marriage). Lets say years. Beautifull is nice. An I love you is better. But a woman still needs to know she has raw sex appeal and can make her husbands trousers uncomfortable just with what she is (or isnt) wearing. So an occational, and unexpected "MMMM wife you are so hot" can put a blush on a woman after years of marriage.

As far as now you are doing everything you can to be seen by men as something more than just sexual. In a marriage there is nothing wrong nor unhealthy about your husband letting you know he DOES see you as the object of his sexual desires (assuming he sees you as everything else as well).

I totally agree....I want my husband to think I'm hot!! I want my boyfriend to think I'm hot! I want to be sexually attractive, there is nothing wrong with being attractive, and I certainly want the no.1 guy in my life to think so. I think I would just have a problem with a guy who isnt my boyfriend say it to my face, I have no problem with a guy thinking it (like it's nice to be attractive and to have people think so) but I wouldnt like it to be put in my face by a stranger. I wouldnt know how to respond. But that's because those guys probably think I'm "hot" in the sleazy sense of the word....I aim at being hot in that Im a classy girl who dresses well, carries myself well and I think Im fairly approachable and fun to be with!

I've spent my life not being "cool"....I'd like to think I compensate for that by being hot ;):D

3 people like this

This is old, but guess I might revive it :)

I suppose because im not legal yet, I tend to be called "cute, adorable" or maybe I am just that. I think that I would like to be called sexually appealing every once in a while, not as a bad thing though, of course, so "hot" would be appreciated occasionally. But then my future husband can call me whatever he likes to cal me :)

Ultimately I would prefer gorgeous or beautiful.

Hmm... it depends upon who is saying it. If my future husband called me 'hot' that I'd be fine with it. :D  Even a boyfriend once I was with him for a while. Also fine. I'd probably use that term occasionally myself to refer to a boyfriend/husband, along with handsome and anything else that popped into my head when I looked at him. :wub:

But when acquaintances do it, it's actually a little unnerving. I know they only mean it as a compliment and that's the word they think of, but beautiful or gorgeous (like Cou mentioned) would be preferable. I think the word 'hot' carries a more sexual connotation, so when someone directs it toward you, and the person saying it is not in a romantic relationship with you, it can be a bit well unnerving, intimidating? I don't know. It kind of makes me subtly cringe. But only with strangers, acquaintances.

1 person likes this

I actually disagree with Envincebal and slayerofdragon (I'm male). I'd prefer to be called "hot" to "handsome" or "good-looking".

1 person likes this

It depends on who says it and how its said obviously if it some guy who is a ladies man and calls me hot in a very inappropriate manner then I'd be offended.  If its a nice guy who says it as I'm walking down the street it wouldnt bother me I'd smile just like if it were a male friend. I'd feel best if the man I'm with says it though.

I actually wouldn't mind being called hot. Maybe because I've never gotten that before. I like the compliments to be mixed up. lol I've been called beautiful, mostly by friends but a few guys as well and that is the best if I feel like it truly means something. Some guys seem to say it just because they think they can sweet talk their way to me. I don't know, I'm more likely to believe them if they say hot rather than beautiful. If this makes sense to anyone. lol

Now if I was in a long term relationship, I'm more likely to believe whatever term he uses to describe me and I hope he mixes it up. If I feel bad about my looks, it will be good to hear from my husband that I look sexy or hot but if I am just down-trodden or feel defeated calling me beautiful would be a wonderful thing to hear. :)

3 people like this

I'm with the guys that wouldn't mind being called "hot" once in a while (I don't think I've ever gotten it), and can understand why girls would want to. I feel like when people use the word hot, they're either being sincere or just playing around, and it'd be easy to tell which. People are as likely to use "good-looking," "attractive," "pretty," "handsome," etc. when they're just being nice as when they really mean it. I don't generally compliment a girl unless I mean it though.

1 person likes this

I'm with the guys that wouldn't mind being called "hot" once in a while (I don't think I've ever gotten it), and can understand why girls would want to. I feel like when people use the word hot, they're either being sincere or just playing around, and it'd be easy to tell which. People are as likely to use "good-looking," "attractive," "pretty," "handsome," etc. when they're just being nice as when they really mean it. I don't generally compliment a girl unless I mean it though.

Exactly, Matt! And that's a good thing that you only give out compliments when you mean it. Now, if you were to compliment me it would mean much more to me and I would be more likely to believe it then if most guys told me something. :)

Personally I like being called hot once in a while, its a confidence boost for sure. Lol. But I know my boyfriend so when he says it, I know he isnt calling me his "sex object." If you dont know the person well, Id say it could be viewed as them calling you a "sex object." I do enjoy being called beautiful, what girl doesnt!? haha.

1 person likes this

I've always been uncomfortable with the word "hot" and even the word "sexy" mostly because I feel a little objectified. I don't walk out of my house for the sole purpose of calling attention to my body and that is what those words kind of mean to me- the person has only seen my curves and not my face since those words are usually for the body. A person doesn't say "Hey was a sexy face?" or "Your face is hot" it "hot" and "sexy" are in reference to the body and I don't think my style is for those type of words. I would rather be called beautiful. 

. A person doesn't say "Hey was a sexy face?" or "Your face is hot" it "hot" and "sexy" are in reference to the body and I don't think my style is for those type of words.

I tell people they have sexy faces all the time ill just be like "hey you, your face, I like that" and I'm 100 percent serious when I do it.

3 people like this

I've been called "cute," "hot", and "sexy." Certainly not by girls I'm attracted to in any way...for some reason I tend to attract annoying extroverts lol.

I really hate the word "hot" or "sexy" if some random guy is calling me that he can expect the most nasty look he's ever going to see. I just think there are more ways of expressing yourself as a guy towards a woman. Complimate her about her eyes, hair, lips but dont you ever forget her character, her intelligence etcetera. "Hot" is like I'm some kind of chicken wing... And sorry for my words but if my boyfriend will have the guts to say I'm "hot" someday I'm going to make sure he wouldnt be able to say that again. He knows how much I hate that

Wouldn't mind being called hot by my boyfriend/husband, but if a guy I barely knew said it, it would make me uncomfortable.

1 person likes this

I feel like "hot" is a term people use in passing conversation, and for this reason, I would be flattered if someone were to use this in  referring to me- but not head over heels.

Hypothetically, if someone (however unlikely, I'm just using this as an example! haha) I didn't know came up to me and called me "beautiful" and started talking to me, I would be 1. Impressed! and 2. More likely to give them the time of day, because using language outside the box of "sexy/hot" proves they have some brain cells! 

1 person likes this

I tell people they have sexy faces all the time ill just be like "hey you, your face, I like that" and I'm 100 percent serious when I do it.

MjAxMy0zZDRlMTM1YWQ3MzliM2Rm.png

8 people like this

I agree with the original post on "hot" and "beautiful".  "Beautiful" is a more mature word anyway. 

3 people like this

Well, 'hot' isn't exactly an insult, but it certainly won't get you any extra points. 'Beautiful' is better, and will get me to think much much better of you...now, if a guy I'm seeing says 'hello, lovely' or 'you're looking especially lovely this evening '...then he gets many extra points. :)

1 person likes this

Unlike pretty much everyone in this thread, I actually prefer for my boyfriend to call me hot or sexy! Don't get me wrong, beautiful and lovely are great too...but my mom calls me beautiful, and my friends call me lovely. But hot? That's unique to my special relationship with him. I like the sexual connotations to those words; it's perfectly good and normal for him to be attracted to me in that way! And I have plenty of insecurity around my own desirability, so the reassurance that he does feel sexually attracted to me is really, really appreciated.

10 people like this