Invincible

How do you feel about being called "hot?"

59 posts in this topic

I consider every girl in this forum to be classy. Any girl who WTM is likely one who demands a certain kind of respect that is absent in girls who flaunt their bodies for attention. I'm sure all of you want a guy who wants what's in your heart first before what's in your shirt.

That leads me to my question: Do you think being described as "hot" is objectifying? To me, "hot" is a word guys use to comment how great a girl's body is as if she's some piece of meat. I personally prefer the term "beautiful" because it doesn't have sexual connotations to it but instead an all encompassing term to describe a woman's personality, style and outer beauty.

6 people like this

Yes, youre right envincebal ! Girls/women prefer beautiful, pretty, cute, nice etc over hot ! Hot is just based on sex appeal, like how guys usually describe Megan Fox. Beautiful is more like you look great, but youre also a great person.

1 person likes this

Yeah, I'd much prefer "beautiful". "Hot" is, as you say, just a judgement based of looks.

EDIT: I just noticed, it's pretty ironic that, since a lot of people have viewed this topic recently, you get the title, "How do you feel about being called "hot"?", and right next to it, a little bubble with the word HOT, to show it's a hot topic...Sorry, I thought that was funny, but maybe it's just me!

xxx

4 people like this

Hot is just based on sex appeal, like how guys usually describe Megan Fox.

That would be the farthest word from my mind to use to describe Megan Fox.

1 person likes this

Not a girl, but being called "hot", would be a dream come true, lol!

3 people like this

well, i'm not gonna be offended if someone called me physically attractive, but it wouldn't bring me any closer to them. and yeah what jegsy said, if you really care about her, tell her she's beautiful -- not hot.

Thats interesting markb4 because guys Ive been around like seeing movies with her in it...

Thats interesting markb4 because guys Ive been around like seeing movies with her in it...

Yeah, I'm weird, I don't like it her at all.

1 person likes this

I agree with markb4, she kind pretty, I guess. But I don't think she's by no means a goddess the way most guys view her. A lot of it has to do with the fact that she's really conceited and a spoiled brat. I think a person's physical beauty is greatly affected by their personality.

I don't like the term hot --and would much rather be called beautiful not simply in the physical sense but even moreso in who I am as a person, I would hope.

Not a girl, but being called "hot", would be a dream come true, lol!

Funny, :).

I think its interesting that most guys dont mind, whereas girls want something else like beautiful or pretty.

I think its interesting that most guys dont mind, whereas girls want something else like beautiful or pretty.

I agree-it is interesting how we interpret it differently.

1 person likes this

Well, I don't think women tend to objectify men in the same way.

I still wouldn't be a fan of it though. I prefer being called "handsome" or "good looking."

2 people like this

Shoot I like being called all of it! I like to spice things up! I love giving out compliments and I also don't mind receiving them! Hott, sexy, beautiful, gorgeous, cute, pretty,....yeah I'm good with that. :)

4 people like this

Mark & Eveincebal! & where can I get a guy like that!! OMG!! Ya'll are one of the few men not in a trance by Megan Fox! Heck sign me up for a guy like that. Shoot I'm a girl and I think she's drop dead gorgeous! :D

I think maybe if you're just joking with each other your boyfriend/husband that "hot" can be fun. Outside of being playful, I actually prefer a term like "lovely" though. I think it says beautiful, intelligent, and (forgive me for this term) desire all in one statement.

1 person likes this

I wouldn't mind if a woman called me hot. Although, I think I'm more with Envincebal, I prefer to be called "handsome" or "good looking".

1 person likes this

I would much, much rather be called "beautiful" or "pretty" or "cute" than being called "hot." I don't strive to be hot, I strive to be beautiful/pretty, cute, and modest. I'm too young to be elegant, but I'd love to be an elegant woman when I grow up! Hot and sexy? NO THANK YOU. That only involves outer looks, but beauty radiates from the inside as well as the outside. If a guy called me "hot," I wouldn't be offended as long as I knew he meant it as a harmless comment, but it wouldn't make me like him or anything. I'd be very indifferent.

1 person likes this

I dont mind being called hot (by my boyfriend....if it was a stranger I think I would feel awkward).

However,there is just something about being called "beautiful" that just melts my heart. :wub:

2 people like this

I would much, much rather be called "beautiful" or "pretty" or "cute" than being called "hot." I don't strive to be hot, I strive to be beautiful/pretty, cute, and modest. I'm too young to be elegant, but I'd love to be an elegant woman when I grow up! Hot and sexy? NO THANK YOU. That only involves outer looks, but beauty radiates from the inside as well as the outside. If a guy called me "hot," I wouldn't be offended as long as I knew he meant it as a harmless comment, but it wouldn't make me like him or anything. I'd be very indifferent.

Oh I totally agree with you sophie, I always go for the classy/sophisticated/elegant look. But if you ask me that is "hot" not the belts as skirts/cleavage down to your navel slutty look. To me that isnt hot, it's trashy. A woman is hot and sexy when she dresses respectably without showing too much skin and walks with an air of confidence and elegance.

3 people like this

I thought you might be interested in the opinion of a girl who isn't WTM and has never had any intention of doing so.

I still think beautiful is the absolute pinnacle. When my boyfriend calls me beautiful, thats what lets me know he actually loves me and who I am and isn't just physically attracted to me.

Hot is okay, its playful, we call each other it and its fine. If anyone else calls me hot, its okay, I'll laugh and say thanks, but it doesn't really mean anything to me.

1 person likes this