Waitingforyou

Kia Ora (Hello)

26 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, so finally after some technical difficulties, (thanks Mike) :D i have joined the forum :)

So my names Cassandra, and Im from New Zealand. I am christian, I love painting, and photography. I'm a very bubbly, outgoing person, and whenever my friends have questions or they need advice, they all seem to ask me, so i'd like to think i can add to the online discussions here. So hello :D and yes i am a WTMer.

-Cass

Welcome Cass! Glad that new login works for you. ;-)

I think you're our second Kiwi! I'm so jealous of you for getting to live there.

Looking forward to getting to know you more!

Hey Cassandra, welcome to the boards :). Glad you're here. I hope you find the encouragement and support you deserve on here.

Hi Cass, welcome to the forums!

Glad you were finally able to get on :) We're all glad to have you!

I lived in NZ for six months in Palmerston North. I LOVED exploring the caves and swimming, except a manic wave almost drowned my mother.

You guys are all so nice and lovely, :D thankyou for the welcome.

Mike- Haha thanks. New Zealand has got to be one of the coolest places to live. But I'm kinda jealous of America, i'd secretly love to live there for a while. Maybe one day :)

Sophie- Omgosh thats not good, yeah the water here can be dangerous sometimes, because there are so many beaches, but its still so awesome to be so close to water. My best friend is american and she saids when she goes and visits her family in USA, the nearest beach is like over a 6 hour drive. Whereas in New Zealand its like 2 minutes down the road :)

Sophie- Omgosh thats not good, yeah the water here can be dangerous sometimes, because there are so many beaches, but its still so awesome to be so close to water. My best friend is american and she saids when she goes and visits her family in USA, the nearest beach is like over a 6 hour drive. Whereas in New Zealand its like 2 minutes down the road :)

I live in Montreal right now for university, and I think I am at least an hour or two from a river (super far from the ocean,) but back at home in Vancouver I live a two minute walk from the ocean, and a ten minute walk from a public beach. I love living near the water and would never settle for anything less. :) Of course the waves here are very, very small. Surfing not much of a possibility.

1 person likes this

I live in Montreal right now for university, and I think I am at least an hour or two from a river (super far from the ocean,) but back at home in Vancouver I live a two minute walk from the ocean, and a ten minute walk from a public beach. I love living near the water and would never settle for anything less. :) Of course the waves here are very, very small. Surfing not much of a possibility.

Yeah the waves here can get pretty darn terrifying, My worst experience, i was on a boogy-board in very choppy waves and the wave came overtop of me and threw me around like a rag doll, I knocked my head on a rock and had to get stitches. But other than, as you said, i don't think i would survive without the beach and the water. :)

Yeah the waves here can get pretty darn terrifying, My worst experience, i was on a boogy-board in very choppy waves and the wave came overtop of me and threw me around like a rag doll, I knocked my head on a rock and had to get stitches. But other than, as you said, i don't think i would survive without the beach and the water. :)

I got my first boody-board in NZ! lol. I may still have it. No one used the term "boogy-board" in Canada so no one knows what I'm talking about when I mention how much fun it can be.

And ouch. >.<

I got my first boody-board in NZ! lol. I may still have it. No one used the term "boogy-board" in Canada so no one knows what I'm talking about when I mention how much fun it can be.

And ouch. >.<

I love that :) I think its so awesome when some people cannot understand "slang" its hilarious sometimes. Like we call "thongs" (meaning a shoe) "jandals" or "flip flops" here, but i've met people from other countries and i said "flip flops" and they are like "what!?" But we are well known for our really kiwi sayings. But i grew up calling it a "boogy board" its like the downgrade from a surf board :)

Ahh, one of my cousins from across the Tasman Sea, welcome :)

We all know Australia is better, but you guys are a close second place ;)

Ahh, one of my cousins from across the Tasman Sea, welcome :)

We all know Australia is better, but you guys are a close second place ;)

"Bro come at me" haha joking, You know New Zealand is way better, you just dont wanna admit it. What part of Australia? My older siblings live in Australia, and i use to live there. :P But i thankfully came to my senses and i'm in the BEST country now... :D

I'm in Adelaide, still yet to visit NZ but certainly will one day (and from what I've heard, it sounds incredible!). I'm a massive Lord of the Rings fan too, so a tour of Hobbiton would be a must!

1 person likes this

I lived in Brisbane :) and yes NZ is Incredible, we don't have all the killer animals and spiders you do. :blink: I got in the funniest conversation with someone the other day, who thought at "low tide" you could walk from Australia to NZ, " i was like oh yeah, i walk on over all the time haha, made me laugh so much" :D

1 person likes this

Nice one! The killer wildlife here just helps keep things interesting :D

Welcome Cass!!!

I love you already for being from LOTR land (also a huge fan!!!) Would love to make a trip to NZ some day..... (sorry AussieStig NZ comes before Australia in places I want to travel to....mainly coz I also want to visit Hobbiton!!)

Glad you joined Cass....you sound lovely.....cant wait to read your contributions to the forums!!

Welcome Cass!!!

I love you already for being from LOTR land (also a huge fan!!!) Would love to make a trip to NZ some day..... (sorry AussieStig NZ comes before Australia in places I want to travel to....mainly coz I also want to visit Hobbiton!!)

Glad you joined Cass....you sound lovely.....cant wait to read your contributions to the forums!!

Aww thanks for the welcome MarriageMaterial :) haha there has been this feud between Aussie and NZ for well forever. So Im very (the american word that would best describe it, but we don't really use it here) is Patriotic. We both think we are the best country haha :D

Hey Cassandra! :)

I am so thrilled to see WTMers pop up from the different corners of the globe! Welcome to the forums. :)

i'd like to think i can add to the online discussions here.

-Cass

Of course! We look fwd to it! See you in a Sunday chat. :)

BTW 'Kia Ora' - ummmmm isn't that Mari (may be Moari), actually I can't really recall the word... I heard log back as a kid, from a NZ couple (who were in Goa for their holidays)! Oh & this deserves a mention, they said:

"We have been married for a little over five years now & this happens to be our fifth honeymoon where we are falling in love all over again, for the fifth time!"

I sooooo loved it! :wub:Kudos to you Kiwis! :)

I think you're our second Kiwi!

Who happens to be the first then? ;)

Hey Cassandra! :)

I am so thrilled to see WTMers pop up from the different corners of the globe! Welcome to the forums. :)

Of course! We look fwd to it! See you in a Sunday chat. :)

BTW 'Kia Ora' - ummmmm isn't that Mari (may be Moari), actually I can't really recall the word... I heard log back as a kid, from a NZ couple (who were in Goa for their holidays)! Oh & this deserves a mention, they said:

"We have been married for a little over five years now & this happens to be our fifth honeymoon where we are falling in love all over again, for the fifth time!"

I sooooo loved it! :wub:Kudos to you Kiwis! :)

Haha yes it is Maori. "kia ora" means hello in Maori. Maori is a compulsory Subject when we are in years 9 and 10 at school. So you had to learn how to say a few things in Maori. We also had Haka competitions and what not. My Dads actually part Maori so its part of my heritage. :)

Btw thanks for the welcome and i love that quote. So darn Cute :D

As soon as I saw "Kia Ora" I knew you gotta be from New Zealand. :) I love that place. I wanna get there at all cost. Pretty long way down from Czech Rep.

Great to have you here. MAAAAAYbeeee I'll have a few questions in the future ^_^ !