Mike

Twitter: What would you like to see?

14 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of setting up a Twitter account for WTM.org and have a few questions for you:

1. Do you use Twitter regularly?

2. Even if if you don't use it, do you have a Twitter account?

3. Do you have any ideas for what you'd like to see tweeted from the official WTM.org Twitter account?

I have a Twitter account (@45_ACP for those who want to follow me). I almost never tweet, but I do check it often for updates of people I follow. I would be down for a WTM Twitter account.

You could tweet us anything WTM marriage related such as articles, studies or funny pics relating to it. You could also use it to tweet updates on the site or new articles written.

Yeah, I have one, but I literally never use it. As in, I have one follower (my dad), and I have posted one tweet, which is in reply to my dad saying "Welcome to Twitter!", which is just "Thanks, dad!"

xxx

lol Jegs. That's adorable and hilarious all at the same time.

@envincebal - Sweet I just followed you! And thanks for the ideas on what to Tweet. That's really helpful.

When you guys get a chance Jegs, envince, and HTH - Can you log-in to your Twitter and follow @wtmdotorg? I want to seed the pot a little, so we have at least a couple people listed as followers. Plus it'll help me feel like I'm tweeting to somebody instead of just dead air until follwers pick up haha.

I have a twitter, but I never use it either. I had to get it for a class, but I don't really see the point of it....it's just like a minimalized facebook to me, so yeah.

@Sally - Yeah, I think between friends it's totally just a minimalized facebook. But it's great for developing relationships with celebrities and industry leaders, which I think WTM.org needs to start doing. B)

@Noelle - Yep let's hope it does! It's going to take a little luck for a neurotic introvert like me to succeed in a medium (Twitter) built upon shameless extroversion. :lol:

Anyhow, we're all set up, first tweet included.Those of you with Twitter accounts, please dust them off, log-in, and follow WTM.org so I don't feel so lonely! I know it's our first day on Twitter, but that "0 Followers" is going to taunt me until I make it go away.

Yay Missy, Vince, and Aussie! You guys just effectively broke a champagne bottle over the bow of our Twitter ship. B)

2 people like this

lol! i only have two birds that go "tweet tweet." but I am thinking maybe I really should set up a twitter account! :) As you can tell I am in a wierd mood!

Followed!

Congratulations! Apart from my dad and "Weird Al" Yankovic, you're the only thing I'm following!

xxx

EDIT: No, I just unfollowed "Weird Al", too many completely useless tweets...