Invincible

Guilty Pleasures

58 posts in this topic

We all have certain interests that we know we probably should have or feel slightly embarrassed about. This is the thread to share them.

I currently have two guilty pleasures:

1. I love Disney movies, especially the early 90's animated ones. My favorites are The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast.

2. Sometimes the hopeless romantic side of me takes control and I will occasionally watch marriage proposals caught on video on Youtube. This is in part to gain some inspiration on how I would propose to a girl one day.

What about you guys?

9 people like this

I love Disney movies, especially the early 90's animated ones. My favorites are The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast.

me too

4 people like this

I'm glad you've all mentioned the Disney movies, because as some people on this site already knows, I'm a huge fanatic of animated movies: Disney ones predominantly, but any company's animated film is up my alley :D ! And Beauty and the Beast is my fave Disney film as well!

5 people like this

lol! You guys and your Disney movies!

Hmm...Well, I can't resist snacking on junk food: popcorn, chocolates, jelly beans, etc.

And I'm really bad at deciding I'm going to do homework or studying or something, and then getting distracted and checking my emails, or watching videos, or reading fan-fiction, or playing games online, and...posting stuff on this site...

xxx

2 people like this

Heh yea I have my last exam in an hour and i'm watching here instead of studying :D

But I have terrible study habits, i learned a few years ago, that If I pay attention in class, then I do decent overall and don't have to study much, so that's how I've gotten through school.

I love pastries and home baking - like my family, me 2 brothers and my sister ate 9 pumpkin pies over four days. lol. (we didn't have room in the freezer to freeze them though!)

I only watch animated movies with my sister, and would with gf/wife/kids etc, but not by myself.

2 people like this

1. I love Disney movies, especially the early 90's animated ones. My favorites are The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast.

I loooooove the disney movies, they're a huge pleasure of mine and certainly no guilt in watching them!

haha, my other guilty pleasures are One Direction (the band, hehe) and wearing short shorts, and Josh Hutcherson from the Hunger Games, and really girly gossipy teen books - basically all stereotypical teen things!

1 person likes this

oh I never knew so many people that liked Disney movies in their early adult/young adult years! Cool!

I like other movies too but sometimes it is hard to find things that don't have so much sex, cursing, and stuff.

2 people like this

Hey, is it the same with anyone else here (who's, say, under the age of 25)...In my school, among all of our year (17- and 18-year-olds), when the third Toy Story movie came out, there was no shame in saying you'd been to see it. It was the general consensus that it was a cool film, as were all Pixar movies. Probably because those films are sort of aimed at adults as well as kids...

You know another thing I was shocked to find out was "cool" in our year? Johnny Cash. Everyone loves the man...

xxx

5 people like this

Oh my goodness Jegsy I LOVE that song!!!! So powerful. RIP The Man In Black

2 people like this

Guilty pleasures....hm...well I absolutely am passionate about reading, but that's hardly a "guilty" pleasure. I guess, maybe...I absolutely always need a television show to be addicted to (currently Gilmore Girls, but has been Frasier, Friends, Pushing Daisies, Seinfeld, Bones, Castle, House, etc, in the past.) I watch it on my computer.

I think that's my only real guilty pleasure. I mean I was once obsessed with these pickles from this specific Jewish bakerybut they are only in Vancouver and I am now in Montreal, so...I miss them.

I think everyone has these kinds of things. I certainly do.

I probably have quite a list of them. Here are some:

- I love food. A lot. I like to eat well, and I like to eat quite much (no, I'm not that 'big'... 5'7" and 155 lbs). Good food, but still simple things.

- I sing along with my music. And I'm a a truly awful singer.

- I often stay up rather late (1-2 AM).

- I enjoy feminine beauty. By which I mean, I do look at women. I try to do that as appreciating beauty, and not in a lustful way. And I try, however hard, to look past the merely physical. I do, however, admit to finding women to be amongst the most beautiful things on earth, and I do enjoy seeing them.

- I occassionaly do look at vintage pin-up style and gothic style pictures/photoshoot results of women... has much to do with the previous 'guilty pleasure'.

1 person likes this

guilty pleasures? hmmmmm

• watching pretty little liars! god, I am obsessed but shhhh don't tell anyone!
  • chocolate, chocolate, and.....did I mention chocolate?
  • the tyra banks show.
  • reading low-brow, trashy romance novels.
  • turning up the air conditioning and sleeping with a million blankets.
  • sweet tea--so unhealthy, but so, so good.

2 people like this

Honestly, classic Disney animation is so enriching I don't think anyone should consider it a guilty pleasure. Disney's Pinocchio and the original Fantasia are the only VHS tapes that I refuse to ever get rid of. I don't even have a VCR anymore, but I just can't stand the thought of parting with them.

1 person likes this

Wanderlust...I LOVE pretty little liar but unfortunately due to busy college life I've missed the last season...or 2 :(

Also I absolutely love , adore , crave chocolate....sometimes I'll even cry if I can't have it ( I know I'm ashamed Lol ) along those same lines ice cream is my ultimate favorite and i would eat it every day every meal if i could

But my ultimate guilty pleasure is the Maury show "you are NOT the father" :P

90's pop music!! I love it!! It brings me back to my 10-12 year old self copying the dance routines of Britney Spears etc off MTV (back when MTV was actually about music).

1 person likes this

But my ultimate guilty pleasure is the Maury show "you are NOT the father" :P

Oh gosh...confession time..I actually watched this show in college. It was always on one semester when I got back from my morning class!! Haha it's like a train wreck you can't look away!

2 people like this

Honestly, I don't think Disney movies are a guilty pleasure because pretty much everyone I know enjoys indulging in a little Disney every once in awhile.

I've got some weird ones:

-That feeling after you've cleaned your room

-That feeling after all your laundry is done, folded and put away

-Eating junk food and watching Friends

-'Dancing' and singing along in the car

-Scrapbooking-I don't know if it's a guilty pleasure or not, but I can sit by myself for a whole day and night-only breaking for food and the bathroom and enjoy what I create

That's all I can think of right now :P

3 people like this

Good question Vince.

Books-A-Million - I think they've adopted me.

Starbucks - I don't have to speak my order.

Yard sales - I see one I don't have.

Golden Flake Cheese Curls. Wish they made a larger bag.

Crazy collections (clocks, barometers, etc).

Guitar - I'm sure all the livestock around me wonder why there is thunder but no rain at midnight.

Old B&W movies and TV shows (Bonanza, Little House on the Prairie, Bewitched, I Love Lucy, etc.)

@dodgedude....that is so true it is the ultimate guilty pleasure, I'm so ashamed of how into I get you would think I was watching sports or something! Smh Lol for anyone who hasn't watched it before ...it usually goes like this...

Maury: today Kim has brought Jim here to prove he is the father of her child Jim Jr.

Jim: that ain't my baby, she slept with my brother, cousin, ain't no telling who else!!??

Kim: that is your baby! Look at his nose, look at his ears he look just like you!!

Maury: we have the DNA results and in the case of Jim Jr, Jim you are...NOT the father

....Jim celebrates by doing some crazy dance, Kim runs off camera backstage crying, Maury follows and tell her they will help her find the father then she returns on the showing testing 5 other men swearing she is certain each man is the father as if she only slept with one man...

BUT IT'S GREAT, motivates me to only have ONE partner and WTM Lol

5 people like this

I've got some weird ones:

-That feeling after you've cleaned your room

-That feeling after all your laundry is done, folded and put away

i love that feeling after you've cleaned your room :)

1 person likes this

Wanderlust...I LOVE pretty little liar but unfortunately due to busy college life I've missed the last season...or 2 :(

girl, you need to get on top of that!! it's gotten so, so good

What I like the most about Disney's take on Pinnochio is just how different it is from his other films. There's no superfluous romance subplot, no central villain that is diametrically opposed to the protagonist, and no vicarious princess fantasy. There's not really another Disney film like it--in fact, the only animated movie I can think of that even vaguely resembles it is The Iron Giant (another terriffic movie, by the way).

It's basically the story of how a little effigy of humanity is created for the singular purpose of proving that he is a moral being, but lacking the ability to understand what morality is--a predicament intentionally similar to the experience of most every human being that has ever lived. Innocent in his ignorance, Pinocchio stumbles from mischief to mischief, ignoring the small noise of his delegated 'conscience,' until he is faced with a stark moral decision (the dangerous trek to save Gepetto from Monstro) that even he, in his innocence, can understand. And, like in any good moral fable, he immediately suffers (graphically, in fact) for making the right decision, only to be ultimately rewarded via a miracle. It's a weighty morality tale, and a far cry from most family films.

1 person likes this

@dodgedude....that is so true it is the ultimate guilty pleasure, I'm so ashamed of how into I get you would think I was watching sports or something! Smh Lol for anyone who hasn't watched it before ...it usually goes like this...

Maury: today Kim has brought Jim here to prove he is the father of her child Jim Jr.

Jim: that ain't my baby, she slept with my brother, cousin, ain't no telling who else!!??

Kim: that is your baby! Look at his nose, look at his ears he look just like you!!

Maury: we have the DNA results and in the case of Jim Jr, Jim you are...NOT the father

....Jim celebrates by doing some crazy dance, Kim runs off camera backstage crying, Maury follows and tell her they will help her find the father then she returns on the showing testing 5 other men swearing she is certain each man is the father as if she only slept with one man...

BUT IT'S GREAT, motivates me to only have ONE partner and WTM Lol

Bahaha that's probly the best description of that show I've heard...and that pretty much sums up every episode. But yeah I agree talk about motivation for waiting!!! I got a lot from that show lol!!

1 person likes this

girl, you need to get on top of that!! it's gotten so, so good

:( Ugh I dont know how to catch up! Its hard to find them online do you know of any sites?