Guest markb4

If your husband disagress w/your dress

7 posts in this topic

Hey girls,

Question: If you wore something and your husband doesn't like you wearing it (for whatever reason), would you continue to wear it? He's not telling you what to wear, let's be clear, he's giving you the absolute freedom to wear what you want, but your choice of clothing causes him some hurt/discomfort, would you change what you wear for him or just continue wearing it?

The only reason I can think of his that something is too "showy" so it makes him uncomfortable because he sees other guys looking. Then, maybe I would try to cover up more, although that isn't an issue now and I don't see it being an issue in the future. For example, I wear a cami with some shirts, gym shorts under summer dresses in case they blow up, etc.

2 people like this

tumblr_lfx2r5Rwb71qarz3do1_500.jpg

That's a very classy and stylish outfit, Naturally. That is not revealing at all and any guy who thinks differently is smoking.

I agree with Sally. The only way I'd disapprove of my future wife's choice in clothes is she's wearing something too revealing out in public. I of course would not wear anything revealing either (but that would probably repulse people anyways :)) I think both people in a relationship should make a reasonable effort to look good for each other. Obviously not out of a desire to control but out of a desire to make the other person happy. If my future wife wanted me to wear a specific piece of clothing she liked, I would totally do that for her assuming it's not a hat or something ridiculous like a gorilla costume. lol. I hope she'd do the same for me too.

2 people like this

I wouldn't want him to be uncomfortable. I guess if something was too showy I probably would stop wearing it. If it was a pure style issue and not a showiness issue I guess it would depend on the situation.

Hey girls,

Question: If you wore something and your husband doesn't like you wearing it (for whatever reason), would you continue to wear it? He's not telling you what to wear, let's be clear, he's giving you the absolute freedom to wear what you want, but your choice of clothing causes him some hurt/discomfort, would you change what you wear for him or just continue wearing it?

If it was too revealing, yes. But I always dress conservatively. I never wear a skirt that goes above my knees, and I rarely wear sleeves that go above my elbows.

I dress very modestly and very plain actually so he wouldn't have to worry about me wearing anything revealing.

Where I live currently the people here are very stylish and I'm not, so he my husband wanted me to dress more stylishly I would only in the case that he buys me exactly what he wants me to wear.

1 person likes this