Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JacquesCesaire

The Ultimate Exercise in Mental and Physical Discipline

27 posts in this topic

Hello friends, and thanks!!

How's everyone doing ? My name is Jack. I'm a very outgoing, very athletic,

( and hyper-masculine :D ) 17 year old boy from San Diego, California. I'm a strong Catholic, and I'm waiting for marriage! I'm so stoked I found this forum, I think it's really going to help ease my mind knowing I'm not the only one (even though at times I feel as if I'm the only virgin on earth!).

It's been tough so far, and I know it's only going to get harder as I prepare to go play football in college. It's hard being a somewhat stereotypical, testosterone-ridden alpha and then telling your friends that you are waiting to have sex with one woman in your lifetime (Not everyone knows that true masculinity means waiting for that special girl :wub: , but at least we do, right?)

I play quarterback on my football team and I fight competitively (BJJ, Muay Thai, Kickboxing). I love to lift weights and train, it's amazing!

Glad to have joined the community, sorry if that was a long-winded intro but I'm excited to have found this site!

Please, pray for my strength against temptation, I need it! Thank you!

9 people like this

Hey JacquesCesaire!!!! Whoa what an awesome name there! Sounds like a name off one of those Gladiator movies!! :D Anywho, welcome to the forums Jacques! It's really nice to meet you! I understand where you are coming from, because like you I felt pretty alone in my decision as well but as you learn and grow on this site you will see otherwise and it will also help reaffirm your decision as the best choice for yourself! :DD....Do you know what University you're going to play for yet?? & guess what Jacques-if Tim Tebow can do it so can you! :DD You sound like my brothers with your interest there which is pretty neat! It's really great to see you join and can't wait to learn more about you :) Be blessed♥

2 people like this

good man JC (nice initials by the way) - no it's not easy for any choose this path... whether they start and finish it, start and change, decide after and commit to it for next steps, or whatever else. I like the sounds of your strength and optimism though - keep it up. and yay for another californian :-)

1 person likes this

Hey Jack,

Welcome to this site of fellow waiters w/the same goals and we're all here to help and support each other. I hope you enjoy your time here.

1 person likes this

Hey Jack! Welcome to the site! I love it that there's young people deciding to wait till marriage to have sex (I'm 15) we may be a minority but we will never be defeated! Haha :D <3

Hi JacquesCesaire,

Welcome to this amazing forum/blog which only gets better with time. Congrats on your decision to wait, it's a testament to who you are as a person. I look forward to getting to know you better! On a side note, your introduction title is sick

1 person likes this

Welcome!!! The support here is truly awesome. And I'll echo what Olivier said...love the thread title!! So very true

1 person likes this

Wow, thanks alot for the warm welcome everyone!

HappyGirl, Thanks for the Gladiator comment, it made me laugh. I'm gonna have to remember that one! I'm going to play at Claremont Mckenna College in LA. It's a DIII school, but it's really strong academically, so I'm really stoked. Thanks for the kind words!

As for everyone who commented, thanks again for the welcome. I love the articles on this site and I already know I'm gonna enjoy browsing the forum a little bit more.

Oliver and Dodge, glad you guys liked it. I can assume we all know how it feels to be a guy waiter, and I don't think a girl will ever be able to understand the way guys are made and how it feels to be constantly resisting an innate, primal, evolutionary desire.

The only way I've been able to resist temptation is by taking it upon myself as a challenge that I tell myself will result in an immense and invaluable amount of spiritual and mental growth. I treat it like a frequent spiritual and mental workout session!

Cheers, and thanks again to everyone

(Not everyone knows that true masculinity means waiting for that special girl :wub: , but at least we do, right?)

Please, pray for my strength against temptation, I need it! Thank you!

AWW!! I like that first part---being a true man means waiting for that special girl----true dat---sets you guys on here apart from a lot of other guys.

I think we can all pray for each other. I'd just like to add that sometimes I think people underestimate what it's like to be a woman and think it is easy for us to wait...I don't think it is easy for anyone..

6 people like this

Haha thanks Sally!

I agree with the prayer part, it's so powerful.. Many people forget that sometimes, myself included.

I would never be naive enough to think that it's easy for a woman to wait. I really do understand how difficult it is.

But on the other hand.. On a purely physical level.. Women can never understand what it's like to have hundreds of nanograms of testosterone per deciliter of blood in their body.. We are physiologically different, and we have strong evolutionary desires that frankly, women just don't have.

Hey Jack, welcome to the forums. I like your intro, and glad you found the site. I hope you find the encouragement and support you deserve on here.

1 person likes this

welcome! you're going to need this site though college, definitely. I'm currently in my first-year and all of my new friends are promiscuous (I hate using this term but it is what it is) and sexually active. just when I thought I was the only 18-year-old virgin alive, I found this site. it's really helped me stay in check. good luck :)

1 person likes this

But on the other hand.. On a purely physical level.. Women can never understand what it's like to have hundreds of nanograms of testosterone per deciliter of blood in their body.. We are physiologically different, and we have strong evolutionary desires that frankly, women just don't have.

I don't like to focus on physical differences; just similar values, morals, and goals :)

2 people like this

I don't like to focus on physical differences; just similar values, morals, and goals :)

Neither do I, but just because we don't like to focus on them doesn't mean they don't exist ;)

That's true...I know they exist, but no one person can possibly understand both because no one is both sexes so that's part of the reason why it's intriguing---because you'll never fully know what it's like to be in the others shoes!

1 person likes this

Hey Jacques, first of I like your introduction, second of all I appreciate the fact that your really atheletic is quite awesome. We are really similar I love to lift weights, I play soccer instead of football though from high school to the end of university and I do MMA training but i dont actually fight competitively only because I would have to devote all my time. I do look forward to getting to know you.

1 person likes this

It's hard being a somewhat stereotypical, testosterone-ridden alpha and then telling your friends that you are waiting to have sex with one woman in your lifetime (Not everyone knows that true masculinity means waiting for that special girl :wub: , but at least we do, right?)

:lol: Very well put Jack! I know where you were coming from. You can gain all you 'strength' from this place... well not for football though! :P:D I really look forward to know more about you. Welcome to the family brother,

[bTW... Can I call you Jack? ;) ]

1 person likes this

What's up JC, welcome I'm a new Guy also. I'd like to second what you said and Sally mentioned it takes a "real" man to wait for that 1 girl. Just as vice-versa! I hope you find a lot of counsel, wisdom and companionship here. Also good luck dude with playing college football, be careful out there, I was a QB also.

1 person likes this

(even though at times I feel as if I'm the only virgin on earth!).

EXACTLY how I felt at age 17, which was weird because 99% of my friends were virgins. lol. Actually, 99% still are and I'm almost 19 now. XD Anyways, welcome!

Hi Jack!

I am so glad to know that someone like you (all athletic and outgoing and everything) can decide to wait until marriage, out there...It seems that all the cool people (well at least in my opinion) choose not to and follow their hormonal drive or whatever...

Good for you to stick with strong value for yourself! Nice to meet you :)

Wow, thanks alot for the warm welcome everyone!

HappyGirl, Thanks for the Gladiator comment, it made me laugh. I'm gonna have to remember that one! I'm going to play at Claremont Mckenna College in LA. It's a DIII school, but it's really strong academically, so I'm really stoked. Thanks for the kind words!

As for everyone who commented, thanks again for the welcome. I love the articles on this site and I already know I'm gonna enjoy browsing the forum a little bit more.

Oliver and Dodge, glad you guys liked it. I can assume we all know how it feels to be a guy waiter, and I don't think a girl will ever be able to understand the way guys are made and how it feels to be constantly resisting an innate, primal, evolutionary desire.

The only way I've been able to resist temptation is by taking it upon myself as a challenge that I tell myself will result in an immense and invaluable amount of spiritual and mental growth. I treat it like a frequent spiritual and mental workout session!

Cheers, and thanks again to everyone

DIII is the way to go lol

DE/OLB here ^_^