Invincible

Ladies, your thoughts on guys crying.

22 posts in this topic

I was thinking about the time my cousin proposed to his then-girlfriend at the time at a family gathering and he got all choked up and shed a few tears. It was a touching moment for sure and I can just picture a lot of ladies going "awww, so cute!" But I know some women who would be uncomfortable seeing a man cry for any reason mostly because they wouldn't know what to do.

What do you think?

I love seeing a man cry! Obviously not all the time, haha, but it makes a man seem so much more, I don't know, real when he cries. It shows they have emotions :3

4 people like this

Awww! I love sensitive guys! But, you know, they have to have a tough side, too...But crying is fine, as long as there's an excuse. I mean, it'd be fine if he cried when we got married, or when our kids were born, or at the end of The Green Mile. I'd be less happy if he was crying because he'd spilt the milk, or whatever...

xxx

4 people like this

This thread reminds me of the song "I Don't Know Why They Say Grown Men Don't Cry" by Tim McGraw. Yes its country :P lol but its a pretty good song about this topic I feel like.

2 people like this

I think it shows courage. I mean I so nothing wrong with a man crying when something bad or sad has happened. I mean they're human and crying is a human emotionally action. It can also be cute at times

I hate seeing guys cry because it breaks my heart, not because I think guys shouldn't cry. A real man isn't afraid to cry, but I don't want to see it because I'll end up crying too. >.<

Its goood 4 a guy to setstaive. :) <3

1 person likes this

only sometimes but very minimal I"m an emotional kinda girl like I show my emotions and things like that so I'd want my husband to be more stable so I can have someone to lean on and it's would be quite embarrassing if we were both sputtering tears!

2 people like this

i'd feel the same way about a crying man and a crying woman: sympathy. as long as it's appropriate. no one likes whiners lol.

Personally, crying doesn't bother me. The reason behind the tears is what may or may not upset me... But really, I think men tend to only cry when something reaches their core. That's so sweet to me to know that he's really that touched. But if he was always crying, then I'd be concerned. More often than not, though, I'd probably feel moved by his display. :)

1 person likes this

I think guys tend to care more about how it looks than women do...at least that's what I think. The way I see it, is if a man can cry, or show his emotions in front of a group or in my presence, I think it shows that he trusts me. It also shows that he understands that even 'real men' get emotional, which would make me trust him more. Simply put, if he knows how to deal with his emotions, he'll know how to handle me through mine. I'm not sure I've ever seen a man cry (in real life). I'm not sure if any of that made sense.

5 people like this

Guys shouldn't be afraid to cry. Crying means he's human and has no problem being vulnerable and showing his emotions

4 people like this

Just today, one of my "superiors" at work (I work at a body care department part-time) broke down crying when he was telling me that he had to explain to his son last night... that their step-father is dying from cancer. His son has already gone through many losses at his young age of 10, and is very attached to this step-father. I've been told that I have a uniquely "disarming" presence, and it's not uncommon for people's deepest, most tender feelings to come out when they are in my presence. As soon as he began to cry, he was very careful to move into an area where no other coworkers/customers could see him. He continued to talk with me, saying that he had been holding in his feelings for so long, and could not cry in front of his wife, because then she would cry. He was holding the burden of being the "man" for the whole entire family, all generations. I felt deeply honored that I could provide that space for him, to be a human being in addition to being a man. I believe we are all here to be with and for each-other. This is part of what I give into the world. I see no problem with a man crying. Men are human, too. Crying is a natural expression of relief, release, sadness, grief and loss. I am honored by a man's tears.

4 people like this

As a sensitive kind of person, i can describe having tears as a translation of feelings into reactions, to be hard when needed and to be gentle when needed, it's a kinda language that few men are able to use and only show it to those who are close to them, but in most time i can guarantee that this kind of person are very strong with the outside world but gentle and caring with the close family, and i dont see anything wrong about it to be a charming prince and an agressive lion two in one  :)  

2 people like this

It makes me feel all emotional when I see a guy crying, just like when I see anybody else crying. I don't find it sweet, or a turn-on, but I do think it's a good thing. It means he trusts me enough to cry in front of me. (Guys, the same goes for girls, by the way - there are some who cry anytime, anywhere, but I, for one, would only cry in front of someone I really trusted.) People of both genders should be allowed to express their feelings if they need to.

2 people like this

Well, I have never witnessed a guy crying...apart from babies lol...but, I must also say that I have HEARD about stories wherein men would "cry" while pursuing females for sex...yes, crying, bending knees, "I will not hurt you. Just give me a chance..etc.." the girl gets weak and vulnerable. The guys goes all in, has sex with her once-and then, he's out. These stories are from females, so it is biased, I want to believe. 

Moving away from the negatives, I would be honored if his heart belongs to God, he's a genuine person and trusts me enough to show me his emotional side. In my culture, (I'm a Jamaican) it's ALOT of pressure being a man. Men are expected to have alot of girls to be cool, smoke, drink and drive expensive cars..even some girls will not date a man who does not own a car or wear tattoos etc...so, the pressure is on, which leads some men to do ANYTHING at will just to get a girl to prove to friends that "i'm the G!"

As long as he has a golden heart, I'd be there to comfort him, make him smile and nurture that emotional side of his. 

1 person likes this

Showing your true emotions is a form of great connection with just a friend of boyfriend. If a guy cries or isn't afraid to cry, to me, that shows that he's in touch with his feelings and he's not afraid to open and tell how he is truly feeling about a tough situation. I find it irritating how society makes crying solely reserved for women because men are allowed to cry to! Men and Women were made from the same Creator so in essence it's natural to cry on both ends. 

3 people like this

For me, I think that what should be attractive is emotional and mental health--however that looks like for a particular person. I don't know that I would have ever considered crying in public or holding in emotions within my list of what I find attractive in a man. I find it attractive when a man know what's best for his mental wellness, when he is true to himself and his emotions. Personally, I have a really tough time letting myself be emotional around other people--if I cry in front of someone, it's usually because I didn't have a place to hide in, or that the situation was unavoidable. I'm not sure why, but I know that for my mental health, it's easier to experience my emotions privately than it is to openly display them. That being said, I think that people, men and women, should do what's best for them, and I love my male friends who cry over puppy commercials just as deeply as I love my male friends who tell the world to rub some dirt in it. I would never want someone to feel like their healthy coping mechanisms were a subject of scrutiny, and often I think we walk a dangerous line when we equate emotional expression to feminism and emotional negation to masculinity because it's extremely limiting to both sexes. I just know that sometimes, it's okay to let people see your emotions, and it's always valid, for me. :)

2 people like this

As the prophet Drake once said: "I'm hearing all of the jokes, I know they tryna push me. I know that showin' emotion don't ever mean I'm a (you get the idea)".

Me personally, I'm a man and I don't cry very much. It has to be something really big for me to cry, but I don't see anything wrong with it. I definitely would never do it in public though. However, as long as you're crying over something worth crying over, then it just shows that you're human in my book.

I used to cry a little more often when I was alone and was going through things, but honestly I can't even do that anymore. Even if it would give relief, it just doesn't happen. I'm not sure why.

My gorgeous fiance was on his knee when I turned around after he tapped me on the shoulder in the Cathedral.  He said "will you marry me, my darling?" and then tears sprang into his eyes.  

That was 110% masculine, non-pathetic, precious, and wonderful.  I wouldn't trade his tears for the world, because it showed me how important this moment was to him.  

I am not a fan of public proposals for this reason.  It is not something to be shared with the world.  I am so glad it was just us, and Jesus. 

3 people like this