Mike

Ah. That's better.

6 posts in this topic

Alrighty, I bit the bullet and TRIPLED our sever capabilities. So far so good. You should notice that everything loads way faster. Not only can you load pages faster, but you can add posts and comments faster as well.

Please let me know if the site goes down or you notice any errors over the next week!

Also, this quote from one of the server techs totally made my day:

The server doesn't have enough resources to serve up to the traffic demand for that website [wtm.org].

Half of me was like "Haha sweet! WTM.org is so popular that it broke its first server! How awesome is that?" :lol:

And the other half of me was like "Crap I'm going to have to upgrade again."

6 people like this

Am not sure if this is directly correlated with the new server change but I went to change my profile picture and it said "Failed to set a new photo". Am not sure if its cause of the new server change or am I doing something wrong?

Hi Cesar,

I think that's probably an error with the forum software (which is due for an update). Can you send me a PM with the photo you want to use attached? Or you can email it to me (mike@waitingtillmarriage.org). I'll try to set it for you, and if I get the error I can pass it to the forum software people.

Am not sure if this is directly correlated with the new server change but I went to change my profile picture and it said "Failed to set a new photo". Am not sure if its cause of the new server change or am I doing something wrong?

Same thing here- I wanted to change my picture as well! :s

Same thing here- I wanted to change my picture as well!

Hmm. Maybe a combination of forum software and server upgrade. Just submitted a ticket to forum people. Will see if they can offer insight. I need to upgrade us to the latest version of the forum software too, so that might fix it. Should be able to do that this weekend.

Cesar and PrincessZ - When did this problem start for you? This week, or earlier than that?