Mike

What's your personality type?

114 posts in this topic

I got INTJ. I was strongly drawn to introversion, where as the other three I was slightly to moderately drawn. I think personalities don't shift over time. I think they may partially be influenced by what is going on in our lives at the time, especially if you are only slightly or moderately drawn to that type. That could explain why some of you got different result when you tested this time.

ISFP

Introvert(22%) Sensing(1%) Feeling(50%) Perceiving(11)%

• You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (22%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%

Describes me so well. And possible career paths for ISFP include social worker which I am currently getting my degree in. :)

1 person likes this

Let's see one extravert and a bunch of introverts. I think we're seeing a pattern here...

4 people like this

Just retook it and got ISFP we're so weird :P

Bahaha thats awesome. I know both times I was really close on the J vs P. I literally think it was by one question both times I took it :P

1 person likes this

I'll add a new one to the mix with mine... which is ENFJ/ENTJ. (Slightly more towards ENFJ).

• You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (33%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
  • You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

• I'd say it's mostly accurate. Although sometimes I feel like a bit of an introvert and like to be alone. Or sometimes more one-on-one as well. I also have a developed feeling side and can make good decisions pretty easy. Basically the "negative" points of having an ENFJ type doesn't really match me.

Edit: Here's a link and it has some very valid points of description about my personality type. Almost scary cuz it's extremely accurate!! http://www.personali...e.com/ENFJ.html

INFJ

Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(62%) iNtuitive Feeling(88%) Judging(44%)

• You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
  • You have strong preference of Feeling over Thinking (88%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ.html

This is creepily accurate. Especially the part about intuition. I've found over the years to just follow that little nagging feeling. When I do things usually turn out a whole lot better than if I ignore it.

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. I love this whole typeology thing, and I've taken this test several times before (never professionally, but online just out of curiosity) and I always come up as an INFJ.  What type are you?  Do you feel like the type you get is an accurate depiction of how you are?  What stands out the most about your type?  The least?

Here's a link to a test... It's fairly long, but I think it's neat.  Especially when you come up with your type, there's a wealth of information out there if you just plug your type into Google and search. :)

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

I've read so much stuff about being an INFJ and I have to say that it's mostly all accurate.  The only thing that has bothered me that I've read is that INFJ is the most dissatisfied of all the types in marriage.  Probably because we are so complex that it is hard to tell what exactly fuels us or what we're looking for.  However, I also believe that you make up your own mind and govern your actions.  It's a choice to be happy or be miserable.  I've learned after last year (and my ordeal) "if you can't change the situation at hand, change your attitude towards the situation at hand."  I am looking forward to (hopefully) being married someday.  I expect it to be work, but I also expect it to be work I'm willing to do. :)  I also read a lot about INFJ's never initiating anything.  That isn't entirely true for me, either... I like when other people take charge, but I also know how to command a situation.  It's kind of an instinct for me, but I think that may have more to do with growing up as a big sister and being placed in some pretty adult situations as a child, than my personality type.  I appreciate others taking charge because it gets tiring always being the leader, but I can and will lead/initiate when I have to.  Do what you gotta do!

Alright, if you're interested, let me know what your type is and how you feel about it!  I feel like we'd have a lot of introverts on this board.  But there are a few distinct members who come to mind when I think of extroverts hahah. I love this site, though :)

About INFJ, this is pretty much my world haha: http://modalitiesofexistence.com/2011/05/24/infj-dating-bible-or-how-to-date-an-infj/

This, this, this, this, this!!!!

"On Sex:

“If I pursued a lot of meaningless sexual relationships, I can guarantee you I would be miserable in the end. It’s not in my nature. I am 100% aware that I’m someone who has to have a certain level of emotional bonding and trust to have sex with someone, and while I’ve had friends give me a hard time for it in the past, I accept this about myself. I can’t turn that off, and I know it. So, instead of living in denial, trying to be “the tough chick who can have sex like a man,†I hold out for someone who actually values my true nature. If I didn’t do that, I’d only be hurting myself over and over again. Denying your true nature in an effort to be “fashionable†or “modern†or “independent,†in my opinion, really comes back to bite you in the ass.â€
—
“I can’t see the appeal of casual sex, for me I have to be in a relationship with someone before I’d consider sex with them. Sexual intimacy is much more valued and emotional to me and I do not want to waste that on people I don’t know or do not have a special bond with.â€
—
“I take care of and very much value my body. If I’ve just met that person, I feel really uncomfortable with the idea of a stranger touching me the same way as someone who respects and loves me. I don’t judge others for what they do with their bodies, but I know what feels right and what doesn’t feel right for me.â€
—
“Can’t do casual. Must be committed. Feel safe.â€"

Also the part about feeling different.  I have never felt like anyone else, or like I totally belong "here."  Ever.  Very rarely do I meet someone that I instantly click with because I can "sense" that they are as "weird" as me.  Haha.  I love those kind of meetings.  But the sex part... That is me, 10000 times over!

We did have a thread about this :P. Hopefully mark'll get around to merging it with this one ;).

Oh, cool!  I didn't know that :)  But pretty sweet, link it up if you can, Mark!  thanks for the heads up!

I took the actual paper test in college and I've taken it multiple times online since then...and Im an ISFJ or ISFP depending on what mood I'm in when I take it haha. I think it fits me very well. I'm literally almost 50/50 on the last letter that's why it varies probably by only one question

I took it about a month ago online and then just now again and both times got the INFJ. It seems to fit me pretty accurately.

I read that INFJ types can appear to be other types at times. I definitely relate to that since when I was younger I got a few different results from taking it. But I've definitely solidified into the INFJ. So maybe my younger self didn't really know who I was, haha.

Anyway, just checked the other thread ( http://forums.waitingtillmarriage.org/topic/72-whats-your-personality-type/ ) and I had posted my percentages there. Yay for comparing. :) This time the percentages are a bit different. The I and J are exactly the same but the N and F are a little lower.

INFJ
Introvert(44%)  iNtuitive(50%)  iNtuitive  Feeling(69%)  Judging(44%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (69%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Ohh got 

ISTJ
Introvert(89%)  Sensing(25%)  Thinking(88%)  Judging(56%)
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
  • You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (25%)
  • You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (88%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

In the past i got INTJ a lot, with ISTJ sometimes, the S and N have generally been near 0

I got INFJ, with the breakdown

Introvert(100%)  (lol)

iNtuitive(25%) 
iNtuitive  Feeling(38%) 
Judging(44%)
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

So many of the questions could go either way.

1 person likes this

Wow Matt. 100% introversion, that is a feat to behold!

I think it's really interesting how so many of us are INFJ here, considering it is supposed to only be about 1% of the population. Maybe the majority of INFJ's are waiters.

1 person likes this

We did have a thread about this :P. Hopefully mark'll get around to merging it with this one ;).

Ok, took a while to find the other thread and had a hard time merging, but the job is done!