Claire

Facial Hair

66 posts in this topic

I keep mine trimmed to a soft length through spring, summer and fall, go clean shaven for a bit in October, and, starting last year, grow it out from November 1st onward. Hopefully I'm not ruining my dating chances during those months...

1 person likes this

Wow hair hate huh?! Do I need to shave the hair on my fingers too lol? Reminds me of a couple I know where she brushes his backhair 😑 Good thing I have bees so I guess I'll just have to heat up a drumfull of wax every now and then, take a dip, and let my dearest strip me bare and bleeding...😭 Or maybe I shall stand strong against the tide of metrosexuality!

2 people like this

I don't have a preference one way or the other as long as it's not a full-on beard or one of those sculpted design with skinny strip of hair along the jaw like aj from backstreet boys back in the day.

AJ_Mclean.jpg

1 person likes this

Omgoodness yes! A man with a beard is a must for me. He has to keep it nice though. I'm not talking Duck Dynasty beard.

post-41053-0-90185200-1415654582_thumb.p

2 people like this

As long as he doesn't look like Santa Clause, I'm good. Haha!

(If I need to get out a weed-whacker and search-party to find his mouth, then I imagine that would hinder affection...)

I think that the variety and diversity with which the Creator made us is mind-blowingly beautiful. Every person to me is amazing. I could watch the human family all day long... I'm so glad there is this huge diversity of body-types all across the globe: dark skin, light skin, more hair, less hair, curly nappy hair to straight hair... I praise God's handiwork! There is no mistake in how we were each created. Everything is in its place, and nothing was left out. We are complete.

So, I love a natural body. When adults need to hide their adultness (hair for example) I see that as some lack of maturity. That said (see India Arie, "I Am Not My Hair") if changing the natural body appearance is done out of style and true positive choice, rather than shame or peer pressure, I think it can be really fun: a pure expression of artistic creativity! (For example, I've seen men who shave or partially shave depending on the season, and I think that's a really fun way of having diverse looks within one person.) I respect everyone's choice to do what they want with their body-temples. And, I'm especially attracted to a natural man. (P.S. My man: I love you exactly the way you ARE!)

4 people like this

As long as he doesn't look like Santa Clause, I'm good. Haha!

So, I love a natural body. When adults need to hide their adultness (hair for example) I see that as some lack of maturity. That said (see India Arie, "I Am Not My Hair") if changing the natural body appearance is done out of true positive choice (rather than shame or peer pressure) I think it can be really fun, a pure expression of artistic creativity! I respect everyone's choice to do what they want with their body-temples. And, I'm especially attracted to a natural man. (P.S. My man: I love you exactly the way you ARE!)

How wonderfully refreshing! Good on you! So about Santa Clause - is it the plump gut or the whiteness of the beard lol?

Bit of a tangent but I suppose you would apply the same approach to females? So do you shave your legs and armpits if I may ask?

1 person likes this

The only few things I don't like on a man is the creepstache, the mustache that makes a giy look creepy, or the lined beards. I like 'em bared faced, stubbled, and full on beard.

2 people like this

Ew no, I don't like facial hair on guys. Though there are some guys I think look attractive with short facial hair, the short stubbly facial is fine at times depending on the guy. But I generally do not like facial hair, especially if it's a weird mustache or a full on beard. I mostly prefer clean shaven men.

I prefer clean cut, no facial hair. However, some men actually do look better with it. Or, if he wanted to try something different, it's up to him, whether I like it, or not.

I just shaved after not doing so in three weeks. I wasn't planning on growing a beard, I just sort of never got around to shaving and after about a week you can no longer just easily "shave" it off, you have to get the trimmer out and trim it first before you shave. I just didn't feel like doing that.

I'm as smooth as a baby now though.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

I just shaved after not doing so in three weeks. I wasn't planning on growing a beard, I just sort of never got around to shaving and after about a week you can no longer just easily "shave" it off, you have to get the trimmer out and trim it first before you shave. I just didn't feel like doing that.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKn7dNCMFovLVGs2-w6_h

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

:lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, 'tis the Bearded One said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKn7dNCMFovLVGs2-w6_h

:lol::lol::lol:

Just adding a thought that came to me as I was reading a different thread. As I said, I do prefer clean cut, most of the time but, for some reason, I was thinking about this and remembered that 2 of my main love interests in the past had facial hair...and I really liked it. So, I guess it just depends on the guy. Not stubble, though. It's a nice look but scratches. All I can remember is when I was really little and my dad came to pick us up for a visit. He gave me a hug, and kiss on the cheek, as usual, and he hadn't shaved in a day or so...it was too scratchy. After that, if he looks unshaven I would let him near me because it hurt. Ok, so, I was just a little girl, but to me it was not good. So, yeah, stubble is great to look at, but I don't care for it. Have a beard, or shave the parts that aren't beard. :)

1 person likes this

I have been growing mine since around January. I like it and can't see me ever being rid of it! My beard's probably around 3/4 inches long now, and I get it trimmed usually monthly to keep it tidy. These recommendations also help  https://www.maanly.com/how-to-grow-a-beard/  . Also I consider myself a lucky dog to have found a decent bear trimmer