StephieSweety84

Ok guys. Honestly, would you date a big girl?

66 posts in this topic

Depends on how big she is & whether she's dedicated to make a positive change in her eating habits & lifestyle to become healthy; & it really has to come from within because she wants to be healthy & not because I want her to or something like that. If she's otherwise a great girl for me & is genuinely dedicated to becoming healthy then I'll definitely stick around.

I have never been fat but I've still reduced my body-fat significantly over time just so that I can be in the best physical shape I can be; it's certainly a healthier choice AND it has the added benefit that it will likely make me more attractive to my future wife. While I wouldn't necessarily expect my wife to work out if she's not into it but I'd definitely want someone who at least believes in eating healthy & maintaining a healthy bodyweight.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the issue.

Then they are not doing it right! Losing weight (fat to be precise) isn't as massively complicated a process as people make it out to be. Fat is basically stored energy so if you consume less calories than your body is expending then the body has to dig into the storage. If a person works out & then stuffs themselves with high-calorie food then obviously, they are unlikely to see significant results in terms of fat-loss.

Keeping the caloric intake below the "maintenance-level" is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing for fat-loss. And no, it doesn't entail one starving oneself & stuff like that, in fact, that should be avoided altogether, & instead of that, healthier foods like fruits & vegetables, lean meats, cereals, etc. should be preferred in order to keep the caloric intake at designated levels. There are plenty of resources out there on the Internet on how to measure one's approximate maintenance-level, caloric intake & how to set meal-plans, etc but the biggest impediment to fat-loss is usually the person himself/herself, their lack of willingness to make a positive change, laziness, etc.

While it's true that genetics can impede the process a little bit but it merely affects the speed of the process rather than the eventual outcome. So if the person is dedicated to achieving their goal & shows discipline & patience (which most people don't have) then results will show.

I don't think anyone who's not permanently bedridden or struggling with some severe medical condition (independent of them being fat) should have any excuses for being fat & feeling unattractive 'cuz they always have the choice to make a positive change if they really want to.

Well, many of these "heavy athletes" suffer from the same issues that regular fat people suffer from. Just saying......

Eating fewer calories is not right, you have to eliminate all the carbs. I ate 2500 calories a day with 0 carbs and lost 20kg in les than 2 months.

Your body MUST have around 1500 caloric intake a day to remain healthy.

Calories are not your energy fuel, carbs are, and if you cut off the fuel of your body, then it has to take it from elsewhere, from your muscles or your fat. As long as you eat healthy fats like mayonaise, olive oil or corn oil, then your muscles won't be used as a fuel and you'll burn off all the fat from your body. Your caloric intake HAS to be at least 1500, this means, omnomnom fat all the time instead of carbs.

I literally sometimes eat 5000 calories, (max 7500) a day and I still don't gain weight.

That's why sporters carb up (carb reload) before a match, so they have a high pool of energy.

1 person likes this

Then they are not doing it right! Losing weight (fat to be precise) isn't as massively complicated a process as people make it out to be. Fat is basically stored energy so if you consume less calories than your body is expending then the body has to dig into the storage. If a person works out & then stuffs themselves with high-calorie food then obviously, they are unlikely to see significant results in terms of fat-loss.

Keeping the caloric intake below the "maintenance-level" is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing for fat-loss. And no, it doesn't entail one starving oneself & stuff like that, in fact, that should be avoided altogether, & instead of that, healthier foods like fruits & vegetables, lean meats, cereals, etc. should be preferred in order to keep the caloric intake at designated levels. There are plenty of resources out there on the Internet on how to measure one's approximate maintenance-level, caloric intake & how to set meal-plans, etc but the biggest impediment to fat-loss is usually the person himself/herself, their lack of willingness to make a positive change, laziness, etc.

While it's true that genetics can impede the process a little bit but it merely affects the speed of the process rather than the eventual outcome. So if the person is dedicated to achieving their goal & shows discipline & patience (which most people don't have) then results will show.

Hey sine8181,

Actually, losing fat/weight can be very complicated. We're not simply machines, so the input-should-equal-output line of thinking does not work for everyone. There are many other contributing factors like water retention, hormones, sleep quality, nutrient deficiencies etc. Sure, counting calories can work for some people, but I can tell you that it did not work for me, and letting go of that notion was one of the best things that ever happened to me. Quality is much more important than quantity.

When i was in my late teens, my weight went all the way up to 148 lbs, at 5'3", and about a size 10. That was the heaviest I ever was, and it was at a time when I was trying the CW way to lose weight (calorie counting, low fat, tons of cardio). I was an extremely active person, would dance at least 10 hours a week, ran at least 6K a week, did pilates, and tried so hard to get back down to what I was previously at only a couple of years before (about 125 is my healthy weight). It wasn't until I addressed my nutritional deficiencies that I started to see a positive change in my body. I am now about 126 lbs, give or take (actually after taking up cycling this summer I put on some muscle weight so it's usually a little more, though still the same size), and a size 4 or 6.

I love food, and I refuse to count calories, or go anywhere near low-fat diet foods. Quality fat, being nutritionally dense and high energy, satisfies hunger. I'm not saying I eat like a pig and have no problem, of course that is another issue. I eat until I am satisfied. I'm just saying that there are people who follow the advice of their doctors, and never see positive results, because their bodies are crying out for real food! I know that you suggested people eat real food, we are on the same page there, but for me, that was not enough to address where I was lacking, and I had to do some supplementation to get back to where I needed to be nutritionally. 

Sorry to jump on this, but I have seen too many people being torn apart because they have tried so hard to lose weight, but are looked at like they are lazy, and not trying hard enough. It's not that simple, frankly. 

And I have no problem with a guy wanting a girl who is in shape/thin. That's one of the reasons I take care of myself, for my future husband should he ever materialize. Of course I expect him to do the same!

3 people like this

I'm 5'3, and haven't naturally weighed less than 140 since I was about 12 years old (I'm not counting the times when I was eating 800-1200 calories in order to get my weight down to 125, because that was dysfunctional). Last year, with no changes in my diet except going off my latest starvation streak, I gained a ton of weight, and I shot up to 180. I honestly blame such severe caloric cuts for screwing up my metabolism. Am I a perfect eater? No, I'm in college, I eat fries, ramen noodles, pizza, and ice cream from time to time. But I don't eat more than say, my boyfriend, and he is naturally 5'9 and around 110 pounds.

Ofc it's not easy people underestimate anorexia/obesitas. It may sound harsh but I don't care what happens to people who just eat all the time and who don't care to even become healthy.

Steadfast Madcap, there are tons of ways to raise your metabolism, just do these: drink green tea like 3 times a day, drink much water at least 2 liters a day, don't starve for more than 8 hours, eat spicy, gain muscle, cut off all the carbs, eat tons of healthy fats, without looking at your calories, and your fat will burn like hell. :D Trust me, I'm a sportsman and there's 1 year left for me to get my diploma for diets and training.

I would of course . I'm 200lbs 6ft so it's not a question for me. But if she's heathy and not too thin as long she's a healthy weight I'm fine

1 person likes this

(a little crude but no bad language):

Thanks for the laugh!

"My father is a very attractive man who, through being so good looking, was able to seduce my mom, a very attractive woman. And they produced me, and an even more attractive version of both of 'em."

2 people like this

Just want to say it's not always a person's choice to be overweight, because I've seen some 5 or 6 year olds already overweight because their parents keep feeding them milkshakes and donuts and cheeseburgers and all kinds of junk food. The kid's parents are overweight and they buy unhealthy food for the family. For a lot of people being overweight is caused by the culture they grow up in and by the time a young adult learns a different way of eating and is able to make their own food choices, they're already overweight. Losing that weight can be a difficult burden for someone who's already low-income. 

So while being overweight might affect someone's physical attractiveness, I don't think it's always an indicator of their personality. 

5 people like this

I literally have to eat less than 1000 calories a day, AND do cardio for three hours every single day.

I apologize if I'm being rude, sorry but anybody who's ACTUALLY done some searching about fat-loss wouldn't make such statements. As I've said, there are tons of good resources on the Internet about losing fat in a HEALTHY way that doesn't include starving or tons of exercise; many people have been helped by those & many will be in the future I'm sure......

First thing, NO, you don't necessarily have to eat less than 1000 calories a day & cardio for 3 hours! I'm not sure about the exact numbers (but you can search for yourself on the Internet) but I think an average sedentary person weighing close to 150 lbs needs approximately 2000 calories to maintain their weight, so if he consumes 1500 a day on average then on average, he can expect to lose 1 pound of fat per week. If he feels like he's starving on 1500 then he can add let's say 500 (or more if he wants) calories worth of physical-activity/exercise to bump his maintenance to 2500 then he can eat 2000 calories & the fat-loss equation will remain as before & so on.

This is just an illustration. The heavier the person, the higher their maintenance-level but at the end of the day, fat-loss boils down to the same principles of expending more energy than one is consuming. Patience & perseverance are very important too.

Eating fewer calories is not right, you have to eliminate all the carbs. I ate 2500 calories a day with 0 carbs and lost 20kg in les than 2 months.

Your body MUST have around 1500 caloric intake a day to remain healthy.

Calories are not your energy fuel, carbs are, and if you cut off the fuel of your body, then it has to take it from elsewhere, from your muscles or your fat. As long as you eat healthy fats like mayonaise, olive oil or corn oil, then your muscles won't be used as a fuel and you'll burn off all the fat from your body. Your caloric intake HAS to be at least 1500, this means, omnomnom fat all the time instead of carbs.

I literally sometimes eat 5000 calories, (max 7500) a day and I still don't gain weight.

That's why sporters carb up (carb reload) before a match, so they have a high pool of energy.

Basic science - energy can't be created or destroyed, it can change forms; so energy is absorbed from the food we eat, it's either expended or stored as fat but it can't just vanish in thin air!

So, if you have actually lost fat on an average of 2500 calories a day then you must be expending more than that, the fat aka stored energy won't just vanish. This is the fundamental principle. If you somehow disagree with this then I won't be arguing the matter with you any further, it's like someone claiming the Earth is flat, then there's no point in arguing against that.

Further, while it's great that you're trying to bring about a positive change in your lifestyle, 20 kg in less than 2 months is likely unhealthy way of doing it for most individuals, check with your doctor to be sure. Most of that weight-loss was probably mere water-weight & not fat, so it will likely be gained back sooner or later. It's the "honeymoon period" that many overweight individuals experience once there's a radical shift in their diet &/or physical activity. Gradual & systematic weight-loss should be preferred as the healthy way of doing it, rapid weight-loss could lead to binging at some point which will lead to gaining back the lost weight as well as frustration.

Well, my bodyfat is at pretty low levels at the moment & I can tell you that I've managed to get there even though probably 50% or so of my caloric intake has been carbs-based. So again, we go back to the fundamental principle of energy consumed & energy spent, it doesn't matter where the energy comes from, be it carbs or fat.

Moreover, there's no critical threshold of 1500 a day for everyone, everyone's threshold will vary based on their bodyweight.

I presume you're on some variation of Atkins Diet, & although it claims to be magic, & it does work for many but the weight-loss caused by it follows the same fundamental principle in reality :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N3iwMak-SU

Ketosis /kɨˈtoʊsɨs/ is a metabolic state where most of the body's energy supply comes from ketone bodies in the blood, in contrast to a state of glycolysis where blood glucose provides most of the energy.

From Wikipedia. Need more scientific proof?

And no I'm not on Atkins, I'm on Ketosis.

And don't worry, my sister is a biochemist and I've asked my doctors about it. It is HEALTHY. My blood tests were extraordinary, my body fat depleted at a super high speed, I NEVER do things without being 100% sure, I can even give you prints about my blood tests, the bad cholestrol was low and the good ones were high and the red blood cells were more than average indicating a healthy blood flow.

I apologize if I'm being rude, sorry but anybody who's ACTUALLY done some searching about fat-loss wouldn't make such statements. As I've said, there are tons of good resources on the Internet about losing fat in a HEALTHY way that doesn't include starving or tons of exercise; many people have been helped by those & many will be in the future I'm sure......

First thing, NO, you don't necessarily have to eat less than 1000 calories a day & cardio for 3 hours! I'm not sure about the exact numbers (but you can search for yourself on the Internet) but I think an average sedentary person weighing close to 150 lbs needs approximately 2000 calories to maintain their weight, so if he consumes 1500 a day on average then on average, he can expect to lose 1 pound of fat per week. If he feels like he's starving on 1500 then he can add let's say 500 (or more if he wants) calories worth of physical-activity/exercise to bump his maintenance to 2500 then he can eat 2000 calories & the fat-loss equation will remain as before & so on.

That might be true for many, maybe most people, but it is NOT true for everyone. I have struggled with disordered eating my whole life; I have looked up every diet, every weight loss technique out there. I was able to get down to 120/125 pounds ONLY by eating 1000 calories a day and doing cardio to an unhealthy degree. I have done this twice, and managed to stay that way for a few months/years by continuing to eat the way I was, but the ultimate cost (sacrificing true health so I could look a certain way) was too high. If I eat 1500 calories a day, and get about an hour's worth of moderate exercise each day, I WILL gain weight until I'm up around 145-180 pounds, which is my natural weight, and also overweight/obese according to the BMI charts. This is the truth as I have lived it.

2 people like this

(a little crude but no bad language):

LOL, Saw that on College Humor's youtube channel. Funny as heck.

1 person likes this

Ketosis /kɨˈtoʊsɨs/ is a metabolic state where most of the body's energy supply comes from ketone bodies in the blood, in contrast to a state of glycolysis where blood glucose provides most of the energy.

From Wikipedia. Need more scientific proof?

And no I'm not on Atkins, I'm on Ketosis.

And don't worry, my sister is a biochemist and I've asked my doctors about it. It is HEALTHY. My blood tests were extraordinary, my body fat depleted at a super high speed, I NEVER do things without being 100% sure, I can even give you prints about my blood tests, the bad cholestrol was low and the good ones were high and the red blood cells were more than average indicating a healthy blood flow.

Firstly, how does that quote support your claim that cutting carbs is essential to fat-loss? It doesn't. In fact, it contradicts the other claim you've made in your previous post (that carbs are body's fuel) because ketone bodies are produced from fats, which means fats are used as fuel when carbs are cut. So clearly, carbs aren't the body's only fuel!

Secondly, ketogenic, ketosis or whatever people want to call it, it's in essence a variation of Atkins Diet, which is based on the belief that a low/no-carb diet promotes fat-loss. And as I've said before, it does do that in overweight individuals but the mechanism of action is the same as it would be under any fat-loss diet i.e. consuming fewer calories than one is expending.

On no/low-carb diets people usually end up consuming more protein than they otherwise would & protein is believed to promote satiety & reduce hunger, which often leads to people consuming less calories than they are expending & hence the fat-loss. The common feature of no/low-carb diets is the initial superfast weight-loss, primarily caused by water-loss as insulin levels fall due to reduction/elimination of carbs.

Such diets don't work for everybody & some people may feel very lethargic, depressed & what not but good to know that it is working for you. :)

This totally reminds me of the song by Mika Big girls you are beautiful.

I know this is ask a guy but I just wanted to say while the act of losing weight can be easy, for some people there is like the psychological which can make it difficult. Also, like spirit2change said your up bringing, culture and environment can make it difficult.

How I feel, if a someone doesn't want to date you because you are bigger forget them! ( This goes for anyone). I don't know about you but I get tired wondering if guys find me attractive/want to date me because of certain things. If you want to lose weight please do it for yourself. If you are fine where you are more power to you!

This probably made no sense or people are going to tell me I am wrong, so I'm going to run away now back into hiding. Eek!

3 people like this

This totally reminds me of the song by Mika Big girls you are beautiful.

I know this is ask a guy but I just wanted to say while the act of losing weight can be easy, for some people there is like the psychological which can make it difficult. Also, like spirit2change said your up bringing, culture and environment can make it difficult.

How I feel, if a someone doesn't want to date you because you are bigger forget them! ( This goes for anyone). I don't know about you but I get tired wondering if guys find me attractive/want to date me because of certain things. If you want to lose weight please do it for yourself. If you are fine where you are more power to you!

This probably made no sense or people are going to tell me I am wrong, so I'm going to run away now back into hiding. Eek!

I agree with you. If someone doesn't like you for you, then bump them :P Ain't nobody got time for that! Lol

Although I do think it's good when people aspire towards better health, and people will succeed in losing weight with enough dedication. 

I lost 30 pounds (14kg) just by going Vegan. Now I'm 5'11" (1.8m) and 150 lbs (68kg)  which is pretty light for my height. Most of the Vegans I know, say it helps them maintain a lower weight. 

So to answer the original question, I think hiking/biking/kayaking is such a big part of my life that I'm more compatible with a date who does those things. I've known fit women who are close to my height and weight, and I could see that working. As women get taller or closer to my weight, I tend to feel they're better off with someone taller/bigger than me. I've known some supermodels who I think are really attractive, but since they're so tall, I feel like they're a different scale than me, and need a taller guy. Same with if a woman is much shorter than me, I feel like she's a different scale, although I might feel she's extremely beautiful. So in the end, I'd say I'd most likely date someone whose size is a fair bit smaller than me, though there are exceptions. 

P.S. I feel really good when I eat a healthy Raw Vegan diet, and I think it's very effective for weight loss and detox as well. Un-cooking has a learning curve unless I buy ready made food which is expensive.

1 person likes this

I would not. Because I'm very active and love my lifestyle. I want a partner who can keep up, and have fun. To me, being active is like being a kid playing, and that makes life fun. Ask yourself this . . . Would you date a Big Guy? Can you find a big guy attractive? If, so, chances are there is a big guy for you out there, if not, pray that someone not so big would date you. I've seen some more built, the muscular type of guys date bigger girls. So yeah, there dudes who would date big girls.

That might be true for many, maybe most people, but it is NOT true for everyone. I have struggled with disordered eating my whole life; I have looked up every diet, every weight loss technique out there. I was able to get down to 120/125 pounds ONLY by eating 1000 calories a day and doing cardio to an unhealthy degree. I have done this twice, and managed to stay that way for a few months/years by continuing to eat the way I was, but the ultimate cost (sacrificing true health so I could look a certain way) was too high. If I eat 1500 calories a day, and get about an hour's worth of moderate exercise each day, I WILL gain weight until I'm up around 145-180 pounds, which is my natural weight, and also overweight/obese according to the BMI charts. This is the truth as I have lived it.

First of all, I know everyone has things that they mayn't want to talk about so if this is that thing for you then just tell me you don't want to talk about it, & I'll stop. No problem. I'm just saying this 'cuz if people are talking about something, it should be fruitful & not like people are arguing about something just for the heck of it. I don't like doing that.

Now, so what you're saying is like 2+2 may be 4 for most people but it's 5 for me. It just doesn't work like that UNLESS you have some kind of medical condition or something, in which case, I can understand.

Firstly, forget BMI charts, they aren't always very accurate; many professional bodybuilders with very very low bodyfat % can sometimes fall into the "overweight" category. So being healthy is about whether you feel healthy, whether you look healthy & whether your bodyfat % is on the lower side. So if you're able to engage in intense physical activities for a significant amount of time & you don't feel fat & don't look fat then may be you just have a few extra pounds but aren't actually fat. It depends.

Secondly, as in the case of Honour, energy can't vanish without him spending it, & in your case, additional energy can't just enter your body & turn into fat without you consuming it. One of the most common reasons why people don't get results is that they often underestimate the calories they are consuming, that may have been the case with you & that's why one should try to err on the side of caution when counting calories. See, a "regular" person isn't going to put on weight on 1500 calories + an hour's exercise, they'd have to be like below 100 pounds or something; I can't even think about it. It just doesn't add up 'cuz our bodies need a given amount energy depending on weight, height, mass, etc to merely function & live.

So I just googled & this is one of the things that came up - http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/ Put in your numbers & see what comes up. At the least, you can compare the kind of meal-plans it comes up with & see if you were eating similar things AND similar portion-sizes & re-assess whether your caloric intake was actually what you think it was or may be you were underestimating & hence not getting the results.

Not to repeat the same thing over & over but discipline, perseverance & patience are critical in order to see results. Sometimes people get impatient with the whole a pound a week thing & try to hasten the process, which usually doesn't end up well.

2 people like this

Believe it or not, not every human being's body works exactly the same way. It is NOT as simple and universal as 2+2 = 4. As far as I know, I am free of any medical conditions. I am 5'3, and I have a natural weight of 145, or, more recently, 180. In order to dip below that, I MUST eat a dangerously low level of calories. No one can keep track of what they're eating like someone with an eating disorder can. I've gained and lost significant amounts of weight multiple times. I KNOW what is true for me and my own body. I'm still not in a place where I don't loathe myself every day I look in the mirror; I face the temptation to restrict calories every single day. I am someone who looks fat. I am someone who is judged as not trying hard enough, or not caring about myself enough. Which is why it is so important for me to try to help people understand that it isn't a choice for everyone, and the fat person they're stereotyping in their mind might actually have tried way harder than they ever have just to be where they are right now.

1 person likes this

Dude are you for real? Low carb diets for example Ketosis uses your body fat as a fuel. What the hell are you trying to disprove I don't get it? You obviously have no knowledge on diets and start talking ignorantly about flat earth 'belief' while scientific facts are proven.

And everything uve said about low carb is WRONG. There are mountains apart between protein and low-carb diet.

Read about diets before talking again please.

Low carb diets are fat burners: fact.

Dude are you for real? Low carb diets for example Ketosis uses your body fat as a fuel. What the hell are you trying to disprove I don't get it? You obviously have no knowledge on diets and start talking ignorantly about flat earth 'belief' while scientific facts are proven.

And everything uve said about low carb is WRONG. There are mountains apart between protein and low-carb diet.

Read about diets before talking again please.

Low carb diets are fat burners: fact.

Read! But you're obviously incapable of doing that it seems.

I'm arguing against your claim that cutting carbs is essential to fat-loss. It is NOT. Plenty of people, including myself, have had no problem cutting bodyfat despite consuming significant amounts of carbs every day; & that's because fat-loss is dependent on creating a calorie-deficit not some low-carb voodoo magic trick!

You've not even attempted to argue the points I've made but you're probably incapable of doing that anyway; & you just tell me I'm wrong, I've no knowledge & what not. Seriously? Man, you just lost a few KGs of water, that doesn't make you an authority-figure on fat-loss to be telling others that they don't know anything.

Anyway, good luck with that. I won't be wasting my time arguing with you.

You only know to talk offensively to defend your claim without even investigating, that's the only way you can talk to me while I continuously am trying to enlight people. You already finished the discussion with your arrogant behaviour and talking with 'flat-earth' or by claiming I have contradictions while I come with scientific proof.

You keep on talking abo;ut your professional bodybuilders but you still don't get these:

Fact 1: BODYBUILDERS HAVE NO DIPLOMA OF DIETING

Fact 2: BODYBUILDERS DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT DIETING OR ANATOMY (EXERCISE)

Fact 3: WEIGHT LOSS HAS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH FAT BURNING

Fact 4: COME WITH SCIENTIFIC FACTS, IF NOT, PROOF

You are just misleading people here, and I will NOT allow that.

Fact 5: You should go learn something before you talk about something, you didn't know about the thingd you should have known and you keep denying scientific facts. This talk has no meaning with you. Congratulations.

And don't ever try to talk under my name AGAIN. I didn't lose water-weight nor did I say you were wrong, I was trying to prove that cutting carbs is a must to burn fat effectively and I never said that low-fat diet does not help to lose weight.

Everyone can read it for himself.

I continuously am trying to enlight people.

The fact that you speak so highly of yourself says a lot about you. I rest my case.......

1 person likes this

Honour, is it possible to explain something about ketosis diets? Is it correct that according to what you are saying, for example, if a person normally eats 2,000 calories a day, and maintains a constant weight, they could lose weight if they eat 3,000 calories a day with protein and healthy fats, and low or no carbs for several months? I am just wondering in such a case, what happens to the 3,000 calories they eat daily. Do they burn 3,000 or more calories a day? Do some of the calories leave their system without being burnt? I am just wondering how the higher than normal calories are accounted for and what becomes of them.

I have heard of the concept that a calorie from protein takes 0.2 to 0.3 calories to digest, and a calorie from carbs takes 0.05 to 0.1 calories to digest. This could mean that for example if a person normally ate 1,000 calories of carbs a day (using 10% to digest) they could instead eat 1285 calories of protein (using 30% to digest) a day and still have the same net 900 calories a day available to their body from that portion of food. However, my question is about scenarios where the caloric intake is so much higher than normal that even taking into account this concept still leaves a person with a higher than normal net calorie intake.

2 people like this

Well my dear friend spirit2change, the main fuel of the body are carbs. They turn into glucose to provide your body with energy.

About body fat:

There are 2 sorts of fat: visceral and subcutaneous fat. Visceral fat is dangerous, it's caused by eating way too many calories. The characteristics are having a big belly or butt.

Subcutaneous fat is caused by eating too many carbs, which are healthy fats. Symptoms: soft and bubbly skin, but not necessarily a big belly, while you look low in weight and less chubby overall.

How does subcutaneous fat form? Example: body carb expenditure per day: 300 grams. Daily intake: 400 grams. Body thinks: 100 grams too much, we will store this energy for next use, so, body creates fat reserves under your skin. It actually is a very positive reflex of your body, but too much never is good.

People confuse protein diets with ketosis all the time. Protein diets are dangerous for your liver and kidneys. It aims to get the calories from protein mainly, which unhealthy. A Turkish model (Kivanc Tatlitug) who did a protein diet nearly died and now has complications with his liver.

And too many proteins actually turn into glucose by your body if it can't be used up by your muscles.

So eating more proteins than you can handle in ketosis doesn't trigger the ketones.

Ketosis aims to have a very low carb intake (20g - 50g). The rules of ketosis: same protein amount as an average human and eating much healthy fats like mayonaise, olive oil, corn oil and cheese - unsaturated fats - (not butter or cream! - saturated fats -) to get the calories needed for your body. In ketosis, calories don't count, but it doesn't mean you can eat whatever you want, eat too much and u'll gain fat (naturally). This means you are allowed to eat above your average, BUT it differs per person. I ate 2500  - 3000 sometimes even much more) calories a day because I'm a heavy weightlifter, athlete and I work 10-14 hours a day.

What happens if you cut off the fuel of your body? You'll start to become exhausted, trying to spend every little bit of glucose in your blood. This usually takes up 3-10 days. Then your body starts adapting to the starvation of carbs: it releases ketones to break off your fat to use it as a prime energy source.

But: you'll have to eat enough protein so it won't break down your muscles.

2 people like this