StephieSweety84

Ok guys. Honestly, would you date a big girl?

66 posts in this topic

Tired of big girls being hated on because we're not a sex 6

so what would the guys on here do?

1 person likes this

I am a very active person, I play sports, I go mountain biking, hiking, snowboarding. I enjoy walking along the beaches, and swimming, I walk around town, I plan to start long boarding. I don't need a girlfriend to do everything with me, but I want her to be active with me, So if someone is not actually physically capable because of size, then yes there would be a problem. However, I am slightly overweight, and have no problem with anyone else who is slightly overweight, and since I don't keep myself in perfect shape, I have no right to demand that others do. - I'm more interested that they can take care of themselves, are healthy, and active.

4 people like this

Certainly would - I'm pretty thin myself but I actually find curves on a girl more attractive than skinniness.

And for me, it's only 10% about looks anyway, 90% is about the personality and chemistry between us.

4 people like this

Unfortunately, I wouldn't...

But, everyone has their own type and I'm sure someone's attracted to big girls. I don't get a lot of attention from girls because I'm shy but I'm confident that I'll find someone who'll like me.

4 people like this

You said honestly, so I will be honest.

No...it's not likely.

I am active and fit. I watch what I eat and try to take care of myself. There are some women who insist they are fat. They may have a few extra pounds here and there, but they are far from fat, and that is not an obtrusive feature of their body.

Then there are some who, for one reason or another, are quite the scale-tipper. This does not mean they are less human, and not all of them got that way through undisciplined eating. I will not treat them any differently. But that doesn't mean I'll marry them. It poses health and logistical problems and is unattractive to me...I want someone who can share my pursuit of fitness in relatively equal proportions.

3 people like this

Nope, not a chance. It's unhealthy and unattractive. I put it up there with chain smoking, alcohol and drug abuse. It's something that a person chooses to do, and that choice is usually not a good one. And to be fair, I am not including anyone who has a weight problem do to a disease or other illness.

Both my former room mate and a few of my friends are 300+ pounds. And although they are great friends, they all have certain conditions due to their weight and overeating. They include diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol, shortness of breath, extreme snoring, body odor, broken furniture, frequent sickness, In-ability to properly stand, walk, or sleep. And there is probably more. No, I don't think it is worth it to have a significant other that endures all these problems because of a choice they made.

I know I'm gonna get preached at for this, but I don't care. I used to smoke cigarettes all the time, and I knew it was unattractive to most girls, so I quit, and have found that girls stick around much longer when I don't have ashtray breath. Obesity is like that too, sure you could find someone who didn't mind it, but a person's chances would greatly improve if they decided to live an active healthy lifestyle.

Being fat is by no means normal as far as how the human body should function. In fact obesity was rare for most of human existence until the inventions of fast food, microwave dinners, processed snacks and a virtually endless food source.

Being overweight doesn't make anyone a bad person. It's more of a lifestyle choice. I'm an active person who enjoys many outdoor activities and I would want a girl who could join me in these without having a heart attack. And call me shallow, but I just don't think obese people look that good. Rolls of fat are not attractive to me what can I say?

But one thing I do hate is when I see a guy who considers his girl to be fat when she might only be a few pounds overweight. But I guess that is their opinion.

1 person likes this

I guess it's your own opinion, but please don't think that all overweight people are there by choice.

There are SO many factors that can lead to it. No one ever goes "I'm going to become obese today". Depression, anxiety, even sickness can lead to obesity.

And then there are those that are simply overweight because that's their body type. I know many girls that do everything right, exercise, are very healthy, yet still can't shift the weight and are medically classed as overweight.

8 people like this

Depends on your definition of "Big Girl". If you're talking about a girl who's got love handles, some larger than normal thighs, etc... Sure. Personality, chemistry, and how we feel each other is much more important.

However I am a decently active guy, I like going for walks, swimming, doing some recreational sports. If the girl can't get up and take walks with me because she's too big, then there's a problem. As Aussie said there are many factors that can lead to it. However almost no one is naturally 300 pounds heavier than the average human female of their height. I know a fairly attractive girl who's slightly overweight, she works out at the gym, does sports and everything but she just can't lose those pounds. However she does try, and she is active. Her I would consider dating. Then there's another girl, she doesn't try. She lazes around, she drinks a lot, she stays around the house instead of going out with people unless it's partying. Her I would not date, as I do not find her laziness and unwillingness to even try to lose the weight attractive.

I think that's the big thing, lots of guys can get past moderately obese women's size. However the size usually says something about the person, either that they have problems (Depression, anxiety, medical issues, etc...) and that's why they're so big, or they're lazy, or they are genuinely that big. Of the three the only ones that most guys would really want to date would be the last one. However no one wants to date someone who's just too lazy to lose the weight if they gained it from overeating and being a couch potato, and it takes a strong man to be able to cope with a woman who's suffering from massive stress, depression or various sicknesses.

Sorry if my post comes off as harsh but that's my opinion.

2 people like this

90% of what gets my attention is intelligence and personality. I do think a person can be so overweight that they can't do anything with you or enjoy life. But I don't put anybody on a scale before I say hello.

You betcha. I'm hefty myself, in fact. Quite honestly, weight has no effect of how I view physical beauty. The only way I would consider it a negative is if the potential love of my life was so heavy that she was bed-bound, but even then, I'd coach her into becoming healthier rather than simply dump her.

1 person likes this

No. Overweight is a big pet-peeve of mine. I eat very healthy and so I'd never be able to go to the same restaurants or even feed my kids the same as my wife would if she was overweight. It's a deal breaker for me personally but not for some guys.

1 person likes this

http://prettystrongblog.blogspot.com/?m=1

How about someone like weightlifter Sarah Robles? I'm sure she gets a lot of exercise.

Overweight need not be synonymous with unhealthy, and thin need not mean healthy.

Some sports demand lighter weight (gymnastics, distance running) while others demand heavier weight (weightlifting, discus throwing).

I love curves on a girl, so I'm inclined to say "yes" on this. To be honest though it depends on how big we're talking. As long as a girl maintains something resembling a figure, even if she's a bit on the heavy side, I'm still attracted. If there's not really a "figure" left, and I think most people know what I mean when I say that, then it would be more difficult. I guess that's the best way I can put it.

I used to tell myself that looks absolutely 1,000% didn't matter, but I realized I was lying to myself. Eventually, as I started to learn more about myself, I realized that looks are what draw me in initially, but that a great personality/feminine charm is what ultimately wins me over. Compared to most guys I don't feel like I'm that demanding in the looks department, but there has to be something, you know?

I'm pretty sure it's biologically engrained in us all to look for what we perceive as a healthy mate, so nobody here should feel ashamed or be shamed if they answer "no". Everyone looks at it differently.

7 people like this

I think every guy has a personal preference, i.e., a certain body type that he tends to find more attractive than others. This is completely normal and actually quite similar to a guy finding a certain style of car more to his liking than another (not comparing women to cars, by the way). I think there is a lot of misconception about what's considered attractive in our society, as skinny women with artificial "enhancements" are plastered as being "ideal." While this is undoubtedly true for a percentage of men who find that body type attractive, it cannot be said of the majority, as each guy has his own "tastes" so to speak.

Now to get down to the point ...  Obviously, what a certain guy finds attractive physically will have some affect on the specific woman he becomes interested in, but this is not to say that a woman who is a little outside of his "normal" physical "preference" cannot win his heart. For me, a woman's values, morals, and inner personality are going to be the deciding factors in whether or not I find her attractive. See, for me, there are two kinds of attraction:

There's the "Wow, she's pretty" kind of attraction, similar to my response I would have if I saw a pretty painting or a cool car.

Then there's the "Wow, she seems really nice" kind of attraction, which is the one that could ultimately trigger a "I want to get to know her" feeling.

Sometimes both of these can be found in the same woman, but in the end, the second form of attraction is the deciding factor.

So that all said (were you able to follow it? If not, I will reiterate), would I date an "overweight" girl? Yes, if I felt attracted to her. Sounds vague, but it isn't.

After thought: There is something beautiful about every woman, sometimes it's just hidden somewhere inside waiting for you to find it.

Hope this clears the mud ...

2 people like this

i thought theres a difference between big and fat.....big women tend to be endowed more and now fat where they r overweight..

2 people like this

Generally I like girls who keep healthy, cuz I work really hard to keep myself healthy for my future lady. But also it would be nice if they're light enough for me to carry across the threshold one day xD

4 people like this

OK, I know I'm just a girl, and this is the ask the guys section, but I have seen some other girls comment. :) So... I really like the honesty here. There really is no wrong answer. This would make a great post for both sexes.

Generally I like girls who keep healthy, cuz I work really hard to keep myself healthy for my future lady. But also it would be nice if they're light enough for me to carry across the threshold one day xD

Oh, and, this is so sweet. I don't think a lot of people think about that tradition in todays world.

3 people like this

Everyone has a preference. Some guy's like over weight women and some guys like bigger women. You can't get mad because most guys aren't into either. I'm a bigger girl but I'm healthy and I carry myself in a way that most guys find attractive. I have been approached by several fit men and complimented me "I'm not usually attracted to bigger women but you are something special." It's how you carry yourself. For me I like fit men I mean leave out the six pack and 12 packs but fit men are what I'm interested in. I workout all day everyday just about but I'm still a bigger girl. A woman no matter what size must maintain herself. She must keep herself up and looking nice not walk around looking like a slob.

6 people like this

Can we say perfect gentleman?!? ^_^

2 people like this

Tired of big girls being hated on because we're not a sex 6

How are "big girls" being hated on?

Can we say perfect gentleman?!? ^_^

cheers lool but there's no such thing as perfect. And because of that, everything is perfect :)

2 people like this

Depends on how big she is & whether she's dedicated to make a positive change in her eating habits & lifestyle to become healthy; & it really has to come from within because she wants to be healthy & not because I want her to or something like that. If she's otherwise a great girl for me & is genuinely dedicated to becoming healthy then I'll definitely stick around.

I have never been fat but I've still reduced my body-fat significantly over time just so that I can be in the best physical shape I can be; it's certainly a healthier choice AND it has the added benefit that it will likely make me more attractive to my future wife. While I wouldn't necessarily expect my wife to work out if she's not into it but I'd definitely want someone who at least believes in eating healthy & maintaining a healthy bodyweight.

Nope, not a chance. It's unhealthy and unattractive. I put it up there with chain smoking, alcohol and drug abuse. It's something that a person chooses to do, and that choice is usually not a good one. And to be fair, I am not including anyone who has a weight problem do to a disease or other illness.

Both my former room mate and a few of my friends are 300+ pounds. And although they are great friends, they all have certain conditions due to their weight and overeating. They include diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol, shortness of breath, extreme snoring, body odor, broken furniture, frequent sickness, In-ability to properly stand, walk, or sleep. And there is probably more. No, I don't think it is worth it to have a significant other that endures all these problems because of a choice they made.

I know I'm gonna get preached at for this, but I don't care. I used to smoke cigarettes all the time, and I knew it was unattractive to most girls, so I quit, and have found that girls stick around much longer when I don't have ashtray breath. Obesity is like that too, sure you could find someone who didn't mind it, but a person's chances would greatly improve if they decided to live an active healthy lifestyle.
Being fat is by no means normal as far as how the human body should function. In fact obesity was rare for most of human existence until the inventions of fast food, microwave dinners, processed snacks and a virtually endless food source.

Being overweight doesn't make anyone a bad person. It's more of a lifestyle choice. I'm an active person who enjoys many outdoor activities and I would want a girl who could join me in these without having a heart attack. And call me shallow, but I just don't think obese people look that good. Rolls of fat are not attractive to me what can I say?

But one thing I do hate is when I see a guy who considers his girl to be fat when she might only be a few pounds overweight. But I guess that is their opinion.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the issue.

I know many girls that do everything right, exercise, are very healthy, yet still can't shift the weight and are medically classed as overweight.

Then they are not doing it right! Losing weight (fat to be precise) isn't as massively complicated a process as people make it out to be. Fat is basically stored energy so if you consume less calories than your body is expending then the body has to dig into the storage. If a person works out & then stuffs themselves with high-calorie food then obviously, they are unlikely to see significant results in terms of fat-loss.

Keeping the caloric intake below the "maintenance-level" is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing for fat-loss. And no, it doesn't entail one starving oneself & stuff like that, in fact, that should be avoided altogether, & instead of that, healthier foods like fruits & vegetables, lean meats, cereals, etc. should be preferred in order to keep the caloric intake at designated levels. There are plenty of resources out there on the Internet on how to measure one's approximate maintenance-level, caloric intake & how to set meal-plans, etc but the biggest impediment to fat-loss is usually the person himself/herself, their lack of willingness to make a positive change, laziness, etc.

While it's true that genetics can impede the process a little bit but it merely affects the speed of the process rather than the eventual outcome. So if the person is dedicated to achieving their goal & shows discipline & patience (which most people don't have) then results will show.

I don't think anyone who's not permanently bedridden or struggling with some severe medical condition (independent of them being fat) should have any excuses for being fat & feeling unattractive 'cuz they always have the choice to make a positive change if they really want to.

http://prettystrongblog.blogspot.com/?m=1

How about someone like weightlifter Sarah Robles? I'm sure she gets a lot of exercise.

Overweight need not be synonymous with unhealthy, and thin need not mean healthy.

Some sports demand lighter weight (gymnastics, distance running) while others demand heavier weight (weightlifting, discus throwing).

Well, many of these "heavy athletes" suffer from the same issues that regular fat people suffer from. Just saying......

1 person likes this

I think some people are underestimating just how truly difficult it can be for some people to loose weight. If I want to stop being overweight, I literally have to eat less than 1000 calories a day, AND do cardio for three hours every single day. That is not a healthy lifestyle at all. But if I eat normally and get a moderate amount of exercise in, my BMI still classifies me as overweight or obese (though I don't think most people would look at me and think I'm obese, just overweight, because I'm usually around a size 10-14).

I'm not saying it is wrong to prefer someone who is thin, but it's not as simple as 'overweight people can easily loose weight, they're just too lazy/don't care about themselves enough to try.' Weight doesn't always = health, as when I was at my skinniest, I was effectively starving myself.

1 person likes this