Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slayerofdragon

Coronavirus

3 posts in this topic

Hey all,

During this pandemic, how are you coping? Have you noticed anything good happen in your life as the result of these trying times?

My twins boys were born two days before our hard lockdown came into effect. Getting into the hospital was a mission. At times security wouldn't let me in to help my wife with the kids but some of the doctors granted it after having an argument at the gate. On the first day of hard lockdown we brought the boys home. Here in SA we only get 3 days paternal leave. However due to the lockdown the company I work for has granted us two full weeks of leave. This was the part that really helped me. My sleeping patterns were disrupted and after waking a few times at night my wife often had to wake me with coffee at 10 or 11 am. I know for business owners these times have been really hard so I have a bitter sweet feeling about all of this. In terms of contracting the virus both my wife and I are certain we already had it while being at home. 

@Francois congratulations on your twins! That's sure to be a handful.

Where I live in Australia we've been rather fortunate and haven't had "hard" lock downs. Some areas have been hit pretty bad with lock downs though e.g. Melbourne.