Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Faye

Waiting or Content

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I just had a question for you. It seems to me that everyone assumes that those of us who wait are all eager for marriage just so that we don't have to wait any longer. Not the most flattering view of us that I've seen^.^

My question (not directly a question but more of a throw your viewpoint in) is are you content as a single person at this stage in your life? Or are you on the search for your other half? What do you think about those who wait seeming to get married so young in their lives?

I did spend a lot of my life in "obsessive searching" mode, but as of right now I'm pretty content to be single. I'm changing careers, going back to school, running two websites that I really care about, and working two jobs (one full time, one part-time). I don't have time to date, and I'm in no position to marry. But I'm doing things I really enjoy doing, and I know I'm building a future. So I don't really mind.

Also, IMHO, I think anybody who gets married young --- waiting or no --- is asking for trouble, unless they are one-in-a-million soulmate types.

Not content here...but, once I complete my switch into 'not-waiting-just-celibate-and-single-for-life' mode, I should be...

I enjoy life and I love my family and friends, but I am still lonely for someone special. I don't obsess about it, but when I find myself having negative thoughts, try to turn them around =) It's also difficult in the physical aspect, but what are ya gonna do ? =P

I guess that since you guys answered, I might as well, so:)

I'm content. I don't search at all at this point in my life. I'm with Mike in my thinking. Between school and work, I have so little time that I treasure an uncomplicated life. I'm more of a realist so I don't romanticize relationships, I know that they're a ton of work and I don't want that in my life now.

Now I do understand that it can be a bit tough, but I have such a full life that I hardly notice. Maybe that'll change later on but I'm in a good place in life.

Maybe I'm weird though haha. I just figure that when the right time comes, then it will happen. I don't want to rush it or make mistakes along the way.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, everyone!

I've been through stages. I use to search for him but, I now realize, I wasn't ready. Now, I'm ready, but I'm content and not looking. Weird, right?