Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geraldine

Cesare Borgia: The False Image Of Jesus Christ (Part 1)

5 posts in this topic

Caucasian man explains the lies and deception behind the image being portrayed to be the Messiah we find in christian churches today, and that the true Messiah could have been a black man with wooly(afro) hair according to Revelations 1:14

The problem I have with this is that Cesare Borgia lived from 1475 to 1507. There has been images of Jesus as we know him from before Cesare's era. Example: Christ Pantocrator from the 6th century AD. Also have a look at this: https://www.oldest.org/artliterature/jesus-paintings/. Although some do not show him with a beard, the Bible clearly mention Him in various places with a beard.  

7 hours ago, Francois said:

The problem I have with this is that Cesare Borgia lived from 1475 to 1507. There has been images of Jesus as we know him from before Cesare's era. Example: Christ Pantocrator from the 6th century AD. Also have a look at this: https://www.oldest.org/artliterature/jesus-paintings/. Although some do not show him with a beard, the Bible clearly mention Him in various places with a beard.  

Thank you @Francois for taking the time to express your opinion. I appreciate that.Nevertheless, I disagree. As you mentionned yourself, and as it is mentionned in the article of the link you provided, all those paintings and images of Jesus were created long after Jesus-Christ was dead, then resurrected. There are no contemporary images of Jesus for obvious reasons.

You're right though: the Bible mentions Jesus with a beard in Isaiah50v6I gave My back to those who struck Me,And My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard;
I did not hide My face from shame and spitting.

However, the Bible doesn't describe with precision the features of Jesus. Moreover, the Bible tells us that " God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”John4v24

So, Heavenly Father expects us to worship Him and His Son Jesus in Spirit zand truth, not with images of Him. That's idolatry.

Wether be it images of Caesar Borgia or other more ancient pics of Jesus, Heavenly Father doesn't want us to bow down before images created by men. They didn't know how Jesus truly looked like and they painted what they felt like to paint. The most important thing that Heavenly Father wants from us is that we worship Him through our daily lives with prayer, songs dedicated to Him, meditation of His Word (the Bible, kjv version) and practice good to others. That's my take on it. Blessings for you

In your first post you mention what Jesus might have looked like and not look like. You then swung completely around and say it doesn't matter thus making any argument I posted on your argument void and making this thread useless. 

In my life I have never bowed down to any sculpted or painted image. Not of any foreign gods nor of Jesus. Yet the mind is a curious thing and we always would want to think of what Jesus would have looked like physically. In fact the Bible says we will see Him coming back on the clouds and we would wonder what the face of the Son of man would look like when He looks upon us. 

Jesus when walking on earth could not have looked Western European. That I agree. But a black man? Definitely no. Afro hair does not have the consistency of wool. I stay in Africa and touched it many times. Our Lord most likely looked like the people around him. Olive skin and dark hair and eyes.

On 15/05/2020 at 8:59 AM, Francois said:

You then swung completely around and say it doesn't matter thus making any argument I posted on your argument void and making this thread useless. 

If you read carefully my previous answer, you can see I didn't write that it doesn't matter. That's your interpretation. However I will say this: I believe that if the Most High had thought that the features of Jesus and the color of His skin were important for us to know, He would have put those details clearly in the Bible. That's my opinion and maybe I'm wrong on this, but I take my responsibility of this. And I ask Heavenly Father to show me and correct me if I'm wrong. Heavenly Father insists on His children being focused on the Spirit, that's what that truly matters for Him.

"[...] be filled with the Spirit" Ephesians5v18

Nevertheless, I agree with you that it seems the features of Jesus matter for us, as human beings. 

There are different kinds of Afro hair textures. And some Afro hair have the consistency of wool, like mine for example. Simply because you touched other kinds of afro textured hair, doesn't mean that the consistency of wool is non existent . Here is a link listing the different kinds of afro textured hair: https://blacknaps.org/know-your-hair-type/

On 15/05/2020 at 8:59 AM, Francois said:

Our Lord most likely looked like the people around him

I agree. Jesus probably looked like the people around Him. And there are many studies confirming that  Black people were in the middle east in Jesus'time. That's why there's a controversy in what skin color was Jesus. Many think he was whitish. He could actually have been brown. Or as you said Olive skin and dark hair and eyes.

But anyway, I wasn't there and don't have any proof. But the possibility He could have been a black man is not excluded. What is certain, is that He didn't look like Caesar Borgia.