Slayerofdragon

WTM.org. What you love and will miss about the site?

6 posts in this topic

The site is going down starting March 1 so I thought that I would ask the question: what will you miss about WTM.org and what do you love about the site?

I will start. I will miss the camaraderie that I gained from being a member. I created and established many friendships here and I will miss the opportunity to make friendships with future WTMers. This was to me the “watering hole” where people with similar like minds could come and gather. 

As a member, I loved the forums. I loved interacting and getting to know fellow members through reading and commenting on their posts. 

What about you?

5 people like this

Great post, Slayer.

I love that I can explore any topic I dream up.  I enjoy hearing other people's perspectives.   And I feel like I know personally the people that are here.  I love that the common ground of everyone here is a based on a value system.  That's a pretty cool thing to be united over. 

2 people like this

In general, I will miss having a place where I can interact with other people who agree with me on one of the things that distinguishes us so much from others. There are other websites dedicated to WTM, but this is the WTM forum I know of. It was always nice to know that there were other people like myself out there.

2 people like this

I enjoyed getting on the chatroom. It was always good to talk to people I knew on there and meet new people. A lot of times I was on it in the early hours of the morning since that was when traffic on it seemed to pick up. If there was a slow moment at work, I could get on it for a while there.

2 people like this

On 2/13/2020 at 9:49 PM, Syzygy said:

In general, I will miss having a place where I can interact with other people who agree with me on one of the things that distinguishes us so much from others. There are other websites dedicated to WTM, but this is the WTM forum I know of. It was always nice to know that there were other people like myself out there.

Yes! Yes! Yes! I agree 100%. :)

1 person likes this

I joined this site in 2012, when I was 18 y/o. I'm 26 now and though I haven't been around as much lately; (a part due to medical reasons), I've grown and learned a lot. This site has helped me see other perspectives on various things and that's something I've come to appreciate more.

And of course I like the support I've gotten through interactions with other members on here. Keeping to your beliefs and values can be a challenge, but it can also set you apart. I'm glad I found this community apart from the rest.

2 people like this