Jasmine23

How is this Site STILL standing?

10 posts in this topic

I'm not understanding why the site is still around. Is he going to fix it or is it going to stay this way!?

Don't know. I thought it was closed down and archived already. Seems like there is not much new posts. Back in the hey day there used to be several discussions on a daily basis. Good thing is I have made several good friends on here and some people found their soul mates when the site was at its peak. 

3 people like this

I guess Mike just gave up on maintaining the site. I think things started going downhill with the chatroom being gone. I miss the good old days when this place was busy. But people move on and so does life. That's just the way it is.

2 people like this

i have no idea. i've been looking for alternatives to this site and haven't found any. kind of sucks

I think those that are still active on the site have been using one of the discord accounts that was set up. I miss having the chat room on the website. Fortunately, the website is still working (minus a few things like the chat room). I think it was about a year or so ago when it started having all these glitches and it seemed that it was about to crash. Is there any chance that you could take over management here Vince?

5 hours ago, Syzygy said:

I think those that are still active on the site have been using one of the discord accounts that was set up. I miss having the chat room on the website. Fortunately, the website is still working (minus a few things like the chat room). I think it was about a year or so ago when it started having all these glitches and it seemed that it was about to crash. Is there any chance that you could take over management here Vince?

Depends on what you mean by "management." As an admin, I can regulate access to forums for members and I can oversee what goes on in threads. But in terms of maintaining the servers and upgrading the software, only Mike can do that. He isn't exactly motivated to act upon these things even if he gets continuously gets pestered. So you're welcome to keep emailing him and hope he does something about it, but I'm not holding my breath.

1 person likes this

I was hoping that Mike would turn over the website to you. You've always been on the ball with the admin duties.

2 people like this

I think it is time Mike "archives" the site as read only content. No new users, no new posts, but anyone stumbling on the site via google to see a discussion on a topic can read it. 

It's good to see you Francois, but I think that is an awful idea. It may not be very active on here right now, but there will probably still be a few who join in the future (or who are already members) who get something meaningful or insightful from being able to exchange ideas or messages here. Even if the site is very quiet, I'm still glad to know it's still here.