Jasmine23

How is this Site STILL standing?

27 posts in this topic

I'm not understanding why the site is still around. Is he going to fix it or is it going to stay this way!?

Don't know. I thought it was closed down and archived already. Seems like there is not much new posts. Back in the hey day there used to be several discussions on a daily basis. Good thing is I have made several good friends on here and some people found their soul mates when the site was at its peak. 

4 people like this

I guess Mike just gave up on maintaining the site. I think things started going downhill with the chatroom being gone. I miss the good old days when this place was busy. But people move on and so does life. That's just the way it is.

4 people like this

i have no idea. i've been looking for alternatives to this site and haven't found any. kind of sucks

I think those that are still active on the site have been using one of the discord accounts that was set up. I miss having the chat room on the website. Fortunately, the website is still working (minus a few things like the chat room). I think it was about a year or so ago when it started having all these glitches and it seemed that it was about to crash. Is there any chance that you could take over management here Vince?

5 hours ago, Syzygy said:

I think those that are still active on the site have been using one of the discord accounts that was set up. I miss having the chat room on the website. Fortunately, the website is still working (minus a few things like the chat room). I think it was about a year or so ago when it started having all these glitches and it seemed that it was about to crash. Is there any chance that you could take over management here Vince?

Depends on what you mean by "management." As an admin, I can regulate access to forums for members and I can oversee what goes on in threads. But in terms of maintaining the servers and upgrading the software, only Mike can do that. He isn't exactly motivated to act upon these things even if he gets continuously gets pestered. So you're welcome to keep emailing him and hope he does something about it, but I'm not holding my breath.

1 person likes this

I was hoping that Mike would turn over the website to you. You've always been on the ball with the admin duties.

4 people like this

I think it is time Mike "archives" the site as read only content. No new users, no new posts, but anyone stumbling on the site via google to see a discussion on a topic can read it. 

It's good to see you Francois, but I think that is an awful idea. It may not be very active on here right now, but there will probably still be a few who join in the future (or who are already members) who get something meaningful or insightful from being able to exchange ideas or messages here. Even if the site is very quiet, I'm still glad to know it's still here.

1 person likes this

Hello everybody,

just wanted to say Hi, I guess. I wasn´t able to log into the site for quite some time. The site didn´t let me. Today, I tried again after a very long time and it worked miraculously.

Why isn´t Mike doing anything to maintain and "foster" the site anymore? He always said wtm.org is one of his "precious websites"...I hope nothing bad happened to him :-/

It´s good to see some old faces around here :-)

On 15.1.2019 at 5:35 AM, Francois said:

I think it is time Mike "archives" the site as read only content. No new users, no new posts, but anyone stumbling on the site via google to see a discussion on a topic can read it. 

Why do you think this would be a good idea? Just asking out of curiosity. Good to see you, by the way, Francois :-)

I´m with Syzygy, though. Archiving the site so it´s only "read only content" is the last thing I would want for wtm.org!

3 people like this

Can new people not join the site anymore? It looks like the last people to sign up were back in April 2018.

@Syzygy People have been struggling to sign up for a while. Way back when I signed up, I could only use gmail...and now I dont even think that is an option. It would be nice if Vince or someone could fully take over the IT responsibilities. 

2 people like this

On 12/28/2018 at 2:05 AM, Dave1985 said:

No idea... Haven't known what's been going on around here for ages...

^ Ditto Dave, Ditto 

1 person likes this

I really hope this site can hold on. It was a super helpful source for me during my waiting journey and I hope that others will get to use the community here for support as well. I haven't been able to find anything else like it.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

3 people like this

On 1/11/2019 at 7:03 PM, Syzygy said:

I was hoping that Mike would turn over the website to you. You've always been on the ball with the admin duties.

On 2/6/2019 at 7:54 PM, SG1 said:

@Syzygy People have been struggling to sign up for a while. Way back when I signed up, I could only use gmail...and now I dont even think that is an option. It would be nice if Vince or someone could fully take over the IT responsibilities. 

Thanks for your guys' confidence in me. Unfortunately, I don't think that will ever happen because Mike is unresponsive. Even if he did pass it on to me, I may not have the time to upkeep everything because I've been pretty busy myself. I only check in every now and then. But at the same time, I am deeply saddened to see this site die off. I've had some really great memories here. I too want to see this place live on and be an inspiration to others who are looking for a like-minded community.

3 hours ago, emily1030 said:

I really hope this site can hold on. It was a super helpful source for me during my waiting journey and I hope that others will get to use the community here for support as well. I haven't been able to find anything else like it.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

I'm just throwing out ideas here. But maybe we can start a Facebook page? I don't think we have one yet. It won't be the same as the forum but at least it's something people can join. I know not everyone has a Facebook, but it's something to think about. If we get enough people on board, maybe we can be admins of the page together? Another idea is doing a podcast. I did a few with Jegsy a while back and those were fun. Maybe we can bring that back.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, Invincible said:

I'm just throwing out ideas here. But maybe we can start a Facebook page? I don't think we have one yet. It won't be the same as the forum but at least it's something people can join. I know not everyone has a Facebook, but it's something to think about. If we get enough people on board, maybe we can be admins of the page together? Another idea is doing a podcast. I did a few with Jegsy a while back and those were fun. Maybe we can bring that back.

I'd be glad to help with a facebook page. I'm graphic designer, so I can also help in that area if needed. Do we know for sure if new users can sign up or not? If we make a facebook page affiliated with this site, might that cause problems with people who realize they can't even use the forums?

7 hours ago, emily1030 said:

I'd be glad to help with a facebook page. I'm graphic designer, so I can also help in that area if needed. Do we know for sure if new users can sign up or not? If we make a facebook page affiliated with this site, might that cause problems with people who realize they can't even use the forums?

It does seem like the sign up page is broken. I just tried making a new account and it won't authenticate the security check even though I did it correctly. We can just make the FB page as a stand alone page without informing people of the forums to make things simpler. The newsfeed of the main page can act as threads where people can discuss topics. Like I said, it's not the same feeling as the forums but it's something.

I think your graphic design skills will come in handy for the background image of the page and the icon logo. You can create whatever design you want as I'm sure it will look great no matter what. Take as much time as you need. Once you're finished, I'll set up the page and make you a fellow admin.

On 2/22/2019 at 4:45 PM, Invincible said:

It does seem like the sign up page is broken. I just tried making a new account and it won't authenticate the security check even though I did it correctly. We can just make the FB page as a stand alone page without informing people of the forums to make things simpler. The newsfeed of the main page can act as threads where people can discuss topics. Like I said, it's not the same feeling as the forums but it's something.

I think your graphic design skills will come in handy for the background image of the page and the icon logo. You can create whatever design you want as I'm sure it will look great no matter what. Take as much time as you need. Once you're finished, I'll set up the page and make you a fellow admin.

Have you looked into Facebook Groups vs Pages? It looks like, in groups, you can create discussion topics and even chats. Maybe that's the way we want to go? 

I'd love to create the background image and icon logo. I'll start brainstorming on that.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, emily1030 said:

Have you looked into Facebook Groups vs Pages? It looks like, in groups, you can create discussion topics and even chats. Maybe that's the way we want to go? 

I'd love to create the background image and icon logo. I'll start brainstorming on that.

Wow, I thought FB got rid of groups a long time ago. lol But sure, if groups allow topics threads and chat then lets do that instead of a page.

27 minutes ago, Invincible said:

Wow, I thought FB got rid of groups a long time ago. lol But sure, if groups allow topics threads and chat then lets do that instead of a page.

I have a private group with some friends and I just went in and checked and Discussion Topics and Chats were options. I'm not sure how the topics will appear, but I think it will help members find previous posts and discussions more easily.

13 minutes ago, emily1030 said:

I have a private group with some friends and I just went in and checked and Discussion Topics and Chats were options. I'm not sure how the topics will appear, but I think it will help members find previous posts and discussions more easily.

Okay good. I'm sure the topics won't be too hard to figure out. To be honest, I deactivated my FB about a year ago so I am so out of the loop of any site changes. But I will reactivate once we create the group.

@Invincible What do you think about this for the group cover photo? Do you think it will appeal to both men and women? I wasn't sure if the heart would be too feminine.

WTM.jpg

2 people like this

@emily1030 I really like this design. It's clean and memorable so great work! I particularly like how the heart is in the middle between both rings. It gives it a message of unifying love. It's possible the heart may come off as feminine to some but I think that's unavoidable because I can't think of any other symbol as universally recognized for love than the heart. Maybe if we make the rings a more masculine color like blue, it could balance it out. But I think the grey background should stay since it provides a good contrast to make the heart (and rings if you change the color) stand out. Otherwise, I personally think the design is great overall unless anyone else has any other suggestions. 

1 person likes this

On 3/4/2019 at 6:38 PM, Invincible said:

@emily1030 I really like this design. It's clean and memorable so great work! I particularly like how the heart is in the middle between both rings. It gives it a message of unifying love. It's possible the heart may come off as feminine to some but I think that's unavoidable because I can't think of any other symbol as universally recognized for love than the heart. Maybe if we make the rings a more masculine color like blue, it could balance it out. But I think the grey background should stay since it provides a good contrast to make the heart (and rings if you change the color) stand out. Otherwise, I personally think the design is great overall unless anyone else has any other suggestions. 

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! Here is a blue option. I think either the blue or grey could work well.

WTM_blue.jpg

1 person likes this