Abc123

Victory is Always Sweetest When You’ve Known Defeat

3 posts in this topic

What do you guys think about this quote, as it relates to finding your soulmate, getting married, etc?

It will obviously be an incredible feeling either way, but do you think it will feel EVEN BETTER if you’ve gone through a lot of pain and heartache in the past?

For me personally, this has been the case, and it’s been rough. But what helps keep me going sometimes is just thinking about how great it will be and how much I will appreciate it, when it finally does work out for me one day.

How about you guys? Have you been through a lot of pain in this regard? What helped you to keep going and (for those that this applies to) how great was it when you finally found love?

1 person likes this

Well, I think your quote is deep and would have to agree with it. 

Sometimes, the sweetest moment in life come from many moments of defeat. While my romantic and emotional self would want to believe in fairytale endings, my logical brain would say that is not always the case. Sometimes, you need to date or get to know a few frogs before you found your princess. 

I read a story about a couple who meet, fell in love, married, and both are happy in their relationship. They married later in life and when the interviewer asked them why it took them a long time to meet their spouse, the husband said that both of them went through moments of pain and anguish during dating before meeting each other. He said that he wouldn’t change a thing. 

I will be honest: I would be happy as a clam if I meet my future wife tommorow but I realize that may not be the case. I know what it is like to have pain come from a previous relationship so in the meantime, I plan on working on myself and make myself strong in areas that would potentially be important to my future relationship with my wife. 

1 person likes this

That’s a great attitude man and a great story.  I think that more often than not that’s how it works.  We’re all on our own journey and it takes longer for some of us.  I’d guess that those of us who wait, on average, take longer to find our special someone.  There aren’t a lot of people, especially today, who feel the way we do about intimacy and value what we value.

I believe that all of us will find someone one day because we all have a lot to offer.  Sure, it will likely come with quite a few heartbreaks beforehand, but that’s what makes finding them great.  You’ll appreciate them more as well.  Instead of taking our significant others for granted like many people do, those who wait often realize that they have found a diamond in the rough and that there aren’t many of those.

You said it best. In the meantime, just work on yourself and become what you want to attract in your future wife.

1 person likes this