Jojo

I'm 18 a virgin and I think about sex way too much, how do I stop?

4 posts in this topic

I've always dreamed about my prince charming coming in to my life. I've always dreamed of the things talked about in this forum. Finding my soul mate, staying abstinent until marriage and having an incredible together as an unbreakable team. Lately I've been contemplating if waiting is really worth it because most girls my age have done it or are planning on doing it in university and with the horrible marriages (especially my parents), failed relationships and "men are trash" testimonials I don't want to be naive and unrealistic in hoping that I will find the one who is meant for me. And I'm really ashamed of this but I fantasize about sex with who I'd like to think is my future husband a lot and then I get frustrated because I feel like it will never happen. I REALLY WANT TO MEET MY SOUL MATE AND KNOW THAT HE LOVES ME FOR ME BUT I'M LOSING HOPE THAT HE EVEN EXISTS

2 people like this

Welcome to the forums, Jojo.

First off, it absolutely is worth it to wait and it is very possible to find the good kind of man you are looking for. You should never lose hope of that. Whatever negative experiences your friends and family had probably says more about themselves than anything else. They purposefully chose to settle in bad relationships and to hook up frivolously. Just because it's the popular thing to do doesn't mean everyone in the world is doing it. There are lots of people out there like us who value waiting and meaningful relationships. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Stay true to your values, don't give into peer pressure and you will attract the right guy.

4 people like this

On 4/14/2018 at 5:28 PM, Invincible said:

Welcome to the forums, Jojo.

First off, it absolutely is worth it to wait and it is very possible to find the good kind of man you are looking for. You should never lose hope of that. Whatever negative experiences your friends and family had probably says more about themselves than anything else. They purposefully chose to settle in bad relationships and to hook up frivolously. Just because it's the popular thing to do doesn't mean everyone in the world is doing it. There are lots of people out there like us who value waiting and meaningful relationships. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Stay true to your values, don't give into peer pressure and you will attract the right guy.

Jojo,

Welcome, :). I second what Vince posted here. It is possible to wait and find the type of man that you are looking for. I am also a firm believer in staying true to your values and beliefs. Even though those around you may have failed relationships, it does not mean that you will have one. I think it is normal to think about sex a lot (especially at your age) but that does not mean that you need to have sex and be like everyone else.  I know from experience that I also think a lot of about sex and meeting my future wife, however, I want to wait till marriage to honor her and our relationship.  

I am literally double your age, and just married the man of my dreams 3 weeks ago.  Don't give up.  It's worth it for YOU and your standards.