Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DHZ

Why don't chruches have more game nights or something like that.

3 posts in this topic

I don't know it just seems like normal church services aren't that helpful for me to meet or talk to girls. Usually with game nights I'm able to be a lot more of my self. It just seems like nobody notices me when it comes to normal church services, even in fairly small young adult groups. Really even more casual bible studies would be fairly helpful. With the way things are right now, the girls just pretty much ignore me. I mean, I'm working at job talking to people of over the phone to hopefully help with the social anxiety, but it seems like it's not having any effect to real life people. I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong. I don't want to end up alone. Also since I'm looking for a Christian girl, I really can't just go some random game night. But also since I don't really have any church friends, I wouldn't know if one is going on or if one could be started.

My church does this! They have a pub trivia night coming up and since we have two priests they get competitive with each other :D

Interesting reading your post DHZ, and I can say that I totally understand your comment.

I happen to attend a very large mega-church and if folks simply attended one of the weekend services with a crowd of over 10,000 people either attending one service or on the hallways transitioning so that the next 5,000 told could be sat and enjoy the worship experience then that person would be lost in the crowd.

Thankfully my church focuses a lot on groups and other activities to bring together like minded individuals.

But not for the specific purpose of meeting and dating someone.

May I suggest you might bring this idea or liven up the idea of it's already happening at your particular church.

Maybe and this is something we do in our groups, go out after groups and have a meal, ice cream, hang out in a group setting.

Not for the purpose of meeting someone, but just for the community and fellowship.

Enjoy the season of bachelorhood man, not in an irresponsible way of course.

But also remember marriage is till death do you part. Hahahaha 

I don't quite understand why some of us are in such a hurry to find someone. We should try to enjoy and be productive in the season of our singleness.

A couple points:
It's kinda tough to be able to volunteer a reasonable amount when you've got toddlers at home to tend to.

(First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes, ...)
Then of course your disposable income will be reduced, a person might not be able to help with charitable causes as much when you've got a family to support.

Secondly
I think it's good to have waited a while before marriage and have practiced and built some skills and character traits to lean upon in marriage.