Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

I fixed the Chat feature!

17 posts in this topic

Hey Everybody,

Just FYI: That chat button at the top should work now. Keep in mind this website is still relatively new and small (but growing scarily fast!), so don't be all disappointed if there's nobody logged in at the moment. But at least now it works, which should be cool as we get more people. :D

Yay for the chat feature!

I'm sure that everyone is running around living their hectic lives but would any of you guys be interested in setting up a tentative day and time to possibly all get together to chat? For example, Wednesday at 6 in the evening or saturday midday. Just any time that the majority decide on.. As fun as it is going back and forth on the forum, this chat is an awesome feature.

Yay for the chat feature!

I'm sure that everyone is running around living their hectic lives but would any of you guys be interested in setting up a tentative day and time to possibly all get together to chat? For example, Wednesday at 6 in the evening or saturday midday. Just any time that the majority decide on.. As fun as it is going back and forth on the forum, this chat is an awesome feature.

That would be great! Although I'm not quite sure how to use the chat feature....(it's probably much easier than I think =P)

That would be great! Although I'm not quite sure how to use the chat feature....(it's probably much easier than I think =P)

Near the top of the screen there are three tabs, 'Forums,' 'Members,' and 'Chat.' Just click on the 'Chat' tab and voila!

Near the top of the screen there are three tabs, 'Forums,' 'Members,' and 'Chat.' Just click on the 'Chat' tab and voila!

Thanks! I found it :D So just wondering if this coming Sunday night is good for everyone?! We could pick EST or CST....(or whereever else y'all are from)

I'm cool for Sunday night EST. Might be tricky for Anna, since she's in the UK.

I'll just be on at 8pm EST, just in case. But I think we might want to set a date in the future and wait until everybody gets on board.

I don't think that I'll make it to this week's chat, but you guys have a great time! Hopefully, my schedule will clear up enough soon.

Oh wait this was supposed to be a weekly thing? Haha. Oops. I missed it too in that case. I like the weekly idea though. Maybe I could do a banner or something to make more people aware of it...

That would be really cool to be able to catch everyone on chat! Just let me know and I'll try my best. I think I'm living about 4/5hours in the future!

Mike if you do a banner maybe you could include the GMT times or something so everyone can work out when to come on?

Sounds like a brill idea though :)

Mike if you do a banner maybe you could include the GMT times or something so everyone can work out when to come on?

Oh I totally forgot about timezones! Yeah I'll definitely do GMT. Or if I really feel like getting fancy I'll program it to detect your forum settings and adjust the banner automagically. B)

We should probably set it earlier too. Maybe like 10pm GMT? That should be a little better than 12a GMT.

Oh wait this was supposed to be a weekly thing? Haha. Oops.

Ha! It's a good thing that I wasn't able to make it. It suuuuuure would have been a lonely wait hehe. Oh and the banner sounds like a great idea.

OK I've added the banner to the home page! It's just a static "6pm EDT" for now, which is 10pm GMT. I think for clarity's sake I'll eventually add a counting-down timer to the banner.

Even though the traffic to this site keeps growing, I think our chats are going to stay kind of lonely for a while until we get more people on here. But hey, at least we've already got the system in place!

The button on the main page is a great idea so everyone can see when to get on easily :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0