samaye

A woman's voice

15 posts in this topic

I tried to look and see if there was already a thread about this, but I didn't find one.

So, is there a certain type of voice yall are attracted to? Some women have naturally higher and some have naturally lower. I have a naturally lower voice and make it higher for my 'customer service' voice. 

2 people like this

Good question. Not to sound too corny but just like any other attractive feature, it all depends on who it's attached to. Here are a few things that come to mind...

1) When I was in high school, there was this one girl I and many other guys had a big crush on:wub:. She naturally had a low voice and she even kinda had an Adam's apple...She was so goofy and fun to be around I'm literally laughing out loud right now remembering how she would make jokes about her Adam's apple during class...and she'd even make it bob up and down lol. But no guy ever had an issue with it.. it was neither good nor bad...now if she sounded like James Erl Jones, that's a no go for me.

2) For some reason Mariah Carey and those Celtic Women kinda make me melt when I hear their voices

3) Sometimes girls with a raspy voice can be quite attractive.

4) Who does not like accents? British and Australian, Irish, French, Spanish/Latin American...et cetera 

2 people like this

What an eye-catching thread title.

I'm sure I've mentioned her before, but I'm a voice guy; I'm into voices, nearly to the exclusion of the appreciation of other physical features. That being said, the things I look for in a voice are hard to describe. Since I've trained myself to read voices, I can get a lot of information out of them. There are certain subtle tones denoting different things like personality, character, history, and some other things I won't get into.

So yes, I do choose girls almost exclusively by voice, but I listen for those subtle tones denoting things that I look for otherwise. As far as the “outer” sound of the voice, I'm not as concerned, because I can hear so many other things in there. This is the part where I'll mention that I'm a composer, and I look for a good harmony rather than a good pitch, if that makes sense. Sorry if that's not what you're looking for, but I'm more or less your resident weirdo here.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Skald said:

What an eye-catching thread title.

Haha thanks!

2 hours ago, Skald said:

Sorry if that's not what you're looking for, but I'm more or less your resident weirdo here.

It was a lovely answer. :) The question was more in general than looking for anything in specific. I don't know, I can be pretty weird :o Makes life interesting anyways :lol:

Edit: by the way, happy birthday!

If anyone is weird here....it's the guy with a painting of Ronald Regan, firing a sub-machine gun, while riding a velociraptor holding an American flag and an F22 flying in the background... for his profile picture :lol:....Or perhaps if that is not considered a bit weird....then we are all a bit weird. 

2 people like this

@SG1 nah, just eccentric ;)

I think when a three year old looks at you straight faced and calls you weird, then you take the cake. I honestly don't even remember what I did for her to call me that :lol:

2 people like this

To toss in this guy's opine on the matter,...

I like a variety of voice tones and find the tone much more impresses me then than simply the pitch.

That goes along with Skald said above, which by the way happy belated birthday.

I also have a musical ear though and fine lots of objectivity in the "preferences" as it's more about the "total package" and "whole person" than any single attribute about a woman that I find preferable and attractive.

Hope I've answered I've your question.

1 person likes this

I like soft-spoken voice on the lower end the spectrum. I find soft-spoken female voices to be very soothing and feminine. 

What can I say? I love my women quiet :P 

2 people like this

Hard to describe...I know I don't like some. There is a (married) woman at my church whose voice I don't really like but she has a heart of gold so that makes up for it :) 

I guess the lovely ladies here could upload some voice recordings... Now there's an idea :superwaiter:

2 people like this

I hope there are men out there that are attracted to women that have voices that make them sound like drunk little girls. :P 

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Amber Elizabeth said:

I hope there are men out there that are attracted to women that have voices that make them sound like drunk little girls. :P 

I haven't been around enough drunk little girls to know what they sound like...probably a good thing...

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, 'tis the Bearded One said:

I haven't been around enough drunk little girls to know what they sound like...probably a good thing...

They sound just like regular little girls, they just slur their words a little bit. :P 

On 1/13/2018 at 8:02 PM, Amber Elizabeth said:

Ummm lol you should probably be cautious of guys that like prepubescent traits...they are probably pedos...lol

This topic reminds me of this picture.

HrZFMYc_d.jpg

4 people like this