Wedding dress choice

2 posts in this topic

My family is very traditional but the dress I picked out was ivory/whisper pink. I did not give it much thought but now its too late. Is that an acceptable color for a traditional wedding. I am a virgin until marriage but is it a wrong color? I am worried I will give the wrong impression.

The tradition of wearing white on your wedding day actually came in due to Queen Victoria when she married Prince Albert, it was never a symbol of purity or virginity, that came in later.

Also a lot of non-virgins wear white so it doesn't say anything about you nowadays sadly :P . It's up to you what colour you wear, it is your wedding day after all and it's your dress. The person who has the final say is you. Did you pick out the dress with your family? If they haven't contested against it then doesn't it show that it doesn't really matter what colour you're wearing? As long as you love it, who cares what other people think?!

The only thing you need to worry about is looking your best on the day which I'm sure you will ;)  Congrats btw :) 

2 people like this