Mayax81

The Catch-22 of Waiting

4 posts in this topic

I am a waiter and have been all my life, but I'd like to address an issue of our practice (or, lack thereof) that I don't often see covered--it is usually touched-upon or brushed-over (by both waiters and critics)--but I also believe it to be an issue of our culture.  It is a Catch-22 in the sense that, for the alleged "best kind of sex" (however you define it), one must either [1] risk the future of their relationship/s by having premarital sex or [2] sacrifice the potency of youthful sex.  The issue presents itself to waiters in the form of years without having experienced it at its 'peak'--the libidos of women, for instance, are said to peak between the ages of 16 and 22, so to wait for one's husband, therefore, statistically puts one beyond the point at which one's desire for the very thing for which they'd been waiting begins to wane.  Critics of waiting often will describe sex as if it were more like a fish bought freshly off the market, whose quality begins to deteriorate as soon as it is removed from its initial location, and contrast it with ideals of "improving quality, like a fine wine or cheese," (which, to them, is mere romanticization).  It is statistically unlikely for a waiter to experience the peak of the intimate experience precisely because we inhabit a culture in which not everyone's backgrounds are homogeneous (one member of a given pair may have a different religious preference than the other, a history of abuse, or may want children where the other does not, etc.)  Therefore, we take our time in finding a mate--it is seen as absurd to get hitched to someone you've only met yesterday, for instance.  As it stands I don't actually see a solution to this conundrum; I honestly believe that waiting is the more-beneficial choice of the two, but that doesn't mean I won't see that something significant is also being sacrificed as a result.  What are your thoughts?

54 minutes ago, Mayax81 said:

the libidos of women, for instance, are said to peak between the ages of 16 and 22...  

I have not heard this before. Where are you getting that from?

2 people like this

On 11/5/2017 at 0:41 AM, Mayax81 said:

-the libidos of women, for instance, are said to peak between the ages of 16 and 22

I too have never heard of this. Are you conflating libido with fertility? Even then I thought fertility becomes a bigger deal when they hit 35?

for the alleged "best kind of sex" (however you define it)

I feel like you have to define it first because you might not have a catch-22 in the first place. Also, determining "The best kind of sex" can differ between gender/personality types.

For the women who have not lost their libidos, there can be a lot of factors that can influence the best kind of sex they're capable of experiencing. Love can determine the best kind of sex for some women and nothing else matters. Age/libido in this case might be completely irrelevant. For some women the best sex is determined by a man's physical features. Some women need to be visually attracted to a man and that can determine the best sex because they are more aroused. Then there are some women that need a of combination of possibilities.

I think you can say for women who have not lost their libidos, are virgins and WTM, they can be taking a big risk regarding their sexual satisfaction....they have never experienced sex and they might not know for sure what they need to be satisfied. Their husbands might not be capable of bringing them to the highest levels of sexual pleasure they are capable of experiencing/feeling.

I'd like to address an issue of our practice (or, lack thereof) that I don't often see covered--it is usually touched-upon or brushed-over (by both waiters and critics)--but I also believe it to be an issue of our culture.

Honestly, I think there is a bigger issue that is overlooked...which can be the benefits of a non-virgin, female waiter. That's right there can certainly be benefits...The better you know yourself, the happier/better spouse you can be. She might know or at least have a good idea of what her sexual boundaries are, what sexual acts she likes/dislikes and what she needs from a man and/or of herself to experience the best sex. I've talked to female virgins who WTM'd and are extremely sexually frustrated. They found out love is not enough to sexually satisfy them or let alone bring them to the higher levels of sexual pleasure they know are possible and crave. They have said they feel shortchanged...they waited so long and struggled to control themselves and now can't be fully satisfied.