Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arabella

Hello everyone!

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site so here are some facts about myself:

•I'm a fifteen year old girl from New Zealand.

•I'm a catholic, however I think I may convert to the Protestant church.

•My passions are business and fashion

•I'm not a feminist- sound controversial but I'd rather speak out against the imprisoning of innocent rape victims in Saudi Arabia than complaining about an inexistent "rape culture" in America. 

•I'm a lifelong vegetarian.

•My inspiration is Elon Musk. I guarantee that he's the only person in the world who can do what he's done. There are many inspiring entrepreneurs but none like Elon who is the Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla of our time. 

4 people like this

Hi there, and welcome. :) You sound quite mature for your age. You also have some interesting topics to discuss, so I'm sure you'll be able to engage people pretty easily if you make some threads about them. Things stay civil around here, so you should be fine.

Hey @arabella,  we're around the same age and both catholic (at least for now). It's comforting to know I'm not the only one in this generation that's waiting.

1 person likes this

Hi arabella. :) Welcome to the forum.

On 8/18/2017 at 9:44 PM, arabella said:

•I'm not a feminist- sound controversial but I'd rather speak out against the imprisoning of innocent rape victims in Saudi Arabia than complaining about an inexistent "rape culture" in America. 

I understand you are very young, so I'd like to caution you to be careful what you say. Rape is very real and existent to those who experience it. Even in the United States, the statistics are still depressing in my opinion, especially considering any number above zero is too high. It's a far cry from "non-existent." I knew a girl in college who was brutally raped in a parking garage (in America). There are people (from America) reading your words on this forum who have been raped. Individual trauma is the same regardless where it occurs. Suffering of one does not diminish the suffering of another in supposed comparison.

Anyway, I promise I'm not trying to be negative; clearly your post has been well received. I think it's inspiring to see young people committed to waiting.

2 people like this

On 8/21/2017 at 3:11 PM, redgrapes said:

Hi arabella. :) Welcome to the forum.

I understand you are very young, so I'd like to caution you to be careful what you say. Rape is very real and existent to those who experience it. Even in the United States, the statistics are still depressing in my opinion, especially considering any number above zero is too high. It's a far cry from "non-existent." I knew a girl in college who was brutally raped in a parking garage (in America). There are people (from America) reading your words on this forum who have been raped. Individual trauma is the same regardless where it occurs. Suffering of one does not diminish the suffering of another in supposed comparison.

Anyway, I promise I'm not trying to be negative; clearly your post has been well received. I think it's inspiring to see young people committed to waiting.

Hi, I'd just like to clarify what I mean. Any number is too high when it comes to rape, when I talk about the term 'rape culture' I'm simply referring to the notion of some that sexual assault isn't seen as socially unacceptable in Western society.  I just feel that the rapists in Western countries know it's socially unacceptable and campaigns to stop them aren't solving anything, it should be towards helping the victims, and also the victims in other countries where they'll often be criminalised for being a victim. Hope that clears it up, I am of course sympathetic to all victims no matter what country they live in and no matter how worse things are for other people :)