19 posts in this topic

Hey, I found this site a while ago and just recently had the courage to sign up. I'm 16, and a recently confirmed Catholic (under the name Dymphna).

A few months ago I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety, and one of the things that kept coming up in my thoughts was that I was waiting til till marriage, and felt alone. Finding the forums helped me out of a lot of these toxic thoughts. I had this fear that everyone who was waiting would be boring. But these forums made me realize that that's stupid, there's so many diverse and complex people here. So thanks, and I'm excited to talk!

6 people like this

@seabutterfly Welcome! I think you'll find a lot of healthy support here. I came here dealing with similar issues, but the many great people here have helped me overcome a lot. I'm sure you'll experience that for yourself the more time you spend here. Don't hesitate to ask any questions or make some new topics, nobody here is gonna judge you and everyone is more than willing to lend a hand if you need it. I promise you'll have a good time here. :) It's always great to have newcomers. Wish more of the lurkers would join too.

4 people like this

@Adam Yeah I actually saw one of your posts asking lurkers to join, gave me a little push to sign up haha

4 people like this

@seabutterfly Oh, that's awesome then. :lol: I'm happy that worked. Hopefully we can get some more to come and liven up the place.

3 people like this

Yeah hopefully it doesnt become a ghost town just when I decide to join!

2 people like this

Hi seabutterfly. :) Welcome to the forum!

I'm relieved there are still teenagers such as yourself committed to waiting. ^_^ 

2 people like this

Hello and welcome! :)

2 people like this

Welcome to the forum! I am a fellow Catholic. I've had OCD/Depression for years, so I can understand where you are coming from. Feel free to PM me if you like.

1 person likes this

Hi seabutterfly, Im also catholic and 16 years old. I joined when WTM.com when I was 15. Im so glad for you to join I have more than 20 teenagers in my chastity club who will join wtm.org this upcoming club day. Welcome :)

3 people like this

Hi Seabutterfly, you are on a right track, and congs for taking this brave decision to wait given the forces and loud otherwise voices in your generation.

God is faithful and has already put out His righteous right hand which is also victorious to pick you up from any pitfall.

1 person likes this

It's very easy to feel alone when mass media promotes the idea that religion and the accompanying morals are outdated. That's their intent. I'm sure most, including myself, have felt that way at some point in time. There's an incredible pressure to conform to beliefs and ideals that are entirely based on the whims of the consumer culture and it's pretty scary.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

Hello dear forum participants, i am Dan, i am new here hope u all doing good, and lets have a good time together here!! to be honest i cannot wait until my wedding... i can't sleep at night now... i start taking too much ambien cr and i do realize this very well... that's scary to be honest :D let it come soooooner.

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, Worther said:

Hello dear forum participants, i am Dan, i am new here hope u all doing good, and lets have a good time together here!

You are welcome here

1 person likes this

Hello dear forum participants......my name is spiffy...am new here

1 person likes this