rotorgirl

I'm glad to have found this site!

10 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am a 37 year old "waiter" and I am so glad to have discovered this website. I've been abstinent my whole life and recently have been struggling a lot over whether I am archaically holding to a point tradition: I think the hard part is that for many young Christians, we are taught that our virginity is extremely valuable and precious, then we grow and interact with the world and realize that few people find it of value. It is extremely against the grain to be abstinent and the past several years I have struggled with feeling of less value because I've waited and feeling irrationally bad about myself. How refreshing to discover a community like this online! I am hoping to both be a voice of encouragement and gain encouragement  on this site. Blessings!

7 people like this

Welcome to the forum. Yes, no reason to feel of less value because of waiting; quite the opposite.

2 people like this

Welcome, rotorgirl. It is easy to doubt our choice to wait sometimes. But we don't do this to please man, we do it to please God. If anything, I think waiting is even more valuable in this day and age because most people do the opposite. Stay strong, you're on the right path.

2 people like this

Welcome. :) it's nice to have you here.

1 person likes this

Welcome to the forum @rotorgirl, and I'm sorry to hear about your struggles, but hopefully you'll find the support you need here.

1 person likes this

Hi rotorgirl. :) Welcome to the forum!

It is encouraging just having you on the forum. ^_^ 

You are welcome rotorgirl, we are just blessed to know and act on the truth of what is right and you are one of the chosen few to live as the light and the salt of this world.

Salt is always little that changes the whole taste of the meal, no wonder you see a few waiters around you and a flicker of light also gives hope and sense of direction for a thousand miles, you are the light which cannot be quenched by darkness.

Be blessed

Welcome @rotorgirl! I'm glad you decided to join and I hope you do contribute here. I always love hearing testimony from the 30+ crowd, I wouldn't consider you old :P, as it gives me hope on my journey in abstinence too!

Not feeling valued is a perfectly normal response. I've been there too. My focus has shifted from how do I feel about my own value to how much I value I place in the person doing the evaluation. If they don't match God's standards then I don't value their opinion at all really. :lol: