Brand0n

Finding someone from church

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!
If there isn't really anyone your age from church, how would you suggest finding another Christian "waiter" without "church hopping"?
I've tried Christian Mingle, but with little to no success (most women admitted they weren't even Christian and just wanted to date a "nice guy")
I'd appreciate your advice! :) 

Honestly, I don't think many people meet in Churches anymore due to the complications and politics behind it if the relationship goes wrong. 

If you aren't willing to switch churches then it's probably best to just going to events and seeing whether or not you meet people. That's what I'm doing since I don't go to an actual church, I do church at home with my family so I have to make the extra effort to meet people. I attend comic cons and both Christian and non-Christian rock concerts. That being said, now that my parents are travelling a lot more, there is a Church we do attend on the occasion but it's not to meet someone to date but to make friends - this should be your first aim and dating second. But going to Church just to meet someone isn't the right thing to do and will often lead to disappointment. I used to be like that when going to events and it just became very disheartening so I now go to Church and events for myself, meeting people is the icing on the cake. If your Church is fine with regards to their doctrine and principles then there should be no real reason to move imo (unless everyone is very old - then you may need to move to one with a younger crowd).

I'm appalled at these women though who would go onto a site just to date "nice guy". It's people like this who give these sites a bad rep and why you have to be so cautious online nowadays because it's so easy to lie online

Anyway hope that this helps and all the best :)  

2 people like this

I smiled a bit reading the ending because I have been at Christian mingle sometime back and what you experienced there can be the same story in church.

All I can say is keep praying and believing, keep your ears and eyes open. 

I will second what BlackRose said...it is not a good idea to go to a church just to meet new people, you end up disappointed indeed.

so, if in your church there is no one of your age, here is one or two things you can also do:

1. Join a meetup group in your region, there are different groups everywhere...social groups to just hang out together or go to movies, groups for specific subject (like for developers, the toastmasters, or just gardeners :) ) you can check which ones interest you. They are good for meeting new people, making new friends and who knows what can come next.

2. To try online dating is good, although I think it can be hard to find someone who suits you but you can give it a try once more. I read in another thread here, someone suggested OkCupid; it is not a christian website but you find Christians there too. May be it is better than a Christian website because not everybody will be trying to act as a saint. However, I guess the majority of women will just be there to date a nice guy like you said. But I guess you can know who to talk to and who not talk too.

The key message is just go out there and meet new people; and sometimes love comes when you least expect it! Keep praying and believing indeed :) 

All the best!

1 person likes this

I have never tried Christian Mingle but there is this one app called Coffee Meets Bagel. People seem more legit on there in terms of what they are looking for. I use it sometimes but I don't talk to people just because I don't want to start a relationship when I know I am going to move in the next couple of months. But you should give it a try.