Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rozee

Online dating advice please

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

i'm new here. I'm a very shy woman that hasn't dated much. 

I'm 39 and still a technical virgin.

At age 38, I started the online dating thing. Everytime i have a phone conversation with a man. After the interaction goes off the site, they always ask me about my sexual experience. And they say that I'm inhibited because I don't mast*%{|te. And ask me detailed questions.

is that normal?

they say important it is, but they seem to not give me a chance after that conversation. 

I'm an honest person, so I'm not going lie about it.

i decided to do online dating to meet someone and eventually marry and have kids with.

i'm wondering how deal with this type of situation when it arises again?

it felt like i was being interviewed to have sex with him!

Welcome. :)

Now I don't really know much about online dating, but I do know that depending on where you go to do it, you are only going to get exposed to a certain type of demographic. It seems to me that wherever it is you are going, you are only being presented with men who are looking for hookups. You may want to try an online dating service more geared towards yourself, as opposed to some general one most people would use. I've heard of there being some faith-based ones that might be more favorable. But I wouldn't know any specifics. Hopefully somebody around here who is a bit more familiar with online dating can help you in that department.

Don't feel bad about yourself though. There's nothing wrong with you. There are men out there who will appreciate you just the way you are. Those guys you've dealt with so far were only looking for entertainment, not a relationship. Don't worry about if you are "inhibited" or whatever else they called you. When you eventually do get married, however you and your husband want your love life to be will be entirely up to you two. You should never have to do anything you are really uncomfortable with.

Sorry that my post wasn't very helpful. I know somebody around here can give you better details. Good luck to you.

I'm trying online dating too. And I've had pretty much the same experience. As soon as I give out my number the conversations turn sexual and then they bail. I've also had a lot of guys with some sort of serious pyschological/mental problems contact me. I'm on pof and its terrible. Everyone is telling me to get off that site so I'm signing up for match.com. Hopefully that goes better. 

1 person likes this

I'm on meetup.com too. That's a fun website! I picked up rock climbing thanks to that site. And made a few friends here and there. 

2 people like this

I have been to a few events. Most of the single groups in my area have been deleted the past few months. Only two are left and one of the groups have people a lot older than me. It is much better to try to meet someone in real life. Most of the people Ive met  that way are better than online. 

1 person likes this

My search area is pretty big, probably too big. It's just really hard to drive to St. Louis for an event after working all day. I do need to get out more. 

1 person likes this

Try interest groups based on your actual interests and hobbies. I've never really tried online dating, but I have had luck with online groups centered around my interests. The aforementioned meetup.com suggestion is great too.

1 person likes this

Kind of like clubs? Those could be worth trying out. Meetup.com has proven to be a lot of fun. Online dating has been horrible in my experience, but it could be my area.