AussieStig

Do you feel that waiting brings you closer to your God? (Whoever that may be!)

8 posts in this topic

I might as well start the ball rolling...

I personally feel like I would be in a very different relationship to God if I wasn't waiting - I believe the Bible shows fornication is a sin and seeing as God instituted the whole IDEA of marriage way back with Adam and Eve Christians have a role to play in ensuring that the meaning of it is not lost, ever.

Thoughts? Happy for anyone to voice your opinion, no matter what your beliefs!

2 people like this

I definitely think so! If I was having sex I feel like I would be so ashamed when praying or in church or whatever (even though there are obviously other sins we all commit) I guess I make a bigger deal out of that particular sin then other sins. I feel like since I am making an effort that God will bless me and I don't wanna let him down...that's kind of how I look at it anyway.

3 people like this

Haha great minds think alike :D I second these notions as I would feel like a total hypocrite if I went to church every sunday and was having casual sex. I also do feel closer to god as a waiter as I pray more often to god just asking him for guidance, and other things. I also feel since I have made it so far that not waiting til marriage would be failure in my opinion. Its like trust it takes so long to build but can easily be destroyed in a matter of seconds

3 people like this

I think so. I think waiting till marriage brings me closer to God on a more personal level (not just the spiritual aspect). It gives me hope (that I was made for someone, and she was made for me etc..). I also think it gives me an opportunity to prepare myself in various ways, so when that ideal relationship comes I will be ready.

2 people like this

Because I'm Catholic I can go to confession for my sins, but it doesn't mean I can just sin because I can preform this ritual! I fee every time I step over the line, I do get farther from God...and it doesn't feel good when I'm praying or at church before I can get to confession. I feel down-right awful. However, avoiding God would take me further away from him...when in the state of sin, the best thing to do if you can't go to confession is to keep coming to Him anyways and doing what you can to become closer to him despite your current state. So when you do get to confession, you are still close to him and not as far away as you were when you committed the sin. Does that make sense?

1 person likes this

Yes Mouse, it does. im catholic too and sonetimes I have a lot of guilt-I know God apparently forgave me, but i have a hard time forgiving myself ;(

I'm not sure if my waiting made me feel closer to God. I believe that marriage is the context that God intends for sex and so I felt that I was obeying God by saving sex for marriage.

2 people like this