ellegabrielle

"What No One Is Saying About Saving Yourself for Marriage"

8 posts in this topic

Having some struggles of my own, this video came up in my youtube feed and was exacly what I needed to hear.(Thank you God) It's from the perspective of a woman but I believe it can be available for males as well. It really encouraged and enforced my core belief that sex is best in the context of marriage. I hope it will bless you too like it has blessed me. Enjoy!

5 people like this

Great video, @ellegabrielle! I've actually seen this video before. Emily Wilson is a great godly influence especially to Christian girls. What she says in this video rings true with what I see in my own friends. I used to have a "friend" who thought my choice to wait is stupid, yet he is always depressed jumping from one girl to the next. He is the kind of guy who has sex on a first date (and he's had many of those). Nothing is special to him and he wonders why he can never have a stable relationship. Also, one of my best friend's brother has casual sex every so often. Recently he contracted an STD because he had unprotected sex with a girl who claimed she was clean. Very foolish on his part and now that mistake will likely affect him for the rest of this life. I hate seeing them suffer, but they reap what they sow.

Even people who aren't Christians can't deny that God created sex solely for marriage and having it outside of his design leads to brokenness. We can see the consequences from those around us that just reinforces that we are making the right choice to wait. Yes, the wait is difficult but dealing with the life-long consequences could be many times more difficult. 

People talk about the awkwardness of the first time as if it's a bad thing. I think it can be a good thing to learn and grow together with your spouse and you can look back at the awkwardness and just laugh. Because I think if nothing else, it is much worse to have slept with many people and have all those experiences and memories plague your marriage.

4 people like this

Vince: I agree with your points especially the last paragraph. I think awkwardness with your spouse is a good thing since it brkngs both  of you closer together. The video made some good points too. 

3 people like this

On 19.06.2017 at 0:48 PM, Invincible said:

Great video, @ellegabrielle! I've actually seen this video before. Emily Wilson is a great godly influence especially to Christian girls. What she says in this video rings true with what I see in my own friends. I used to have a "friend" who thought my choice to wait is stupid, yet he is always depressed jumping from one girl to the next. He is the kind of guy who has sex on a first date (and he's had many of those). Nothing is special to him and he wonders why he can never have a stable relationship. Also, one of my best friend's brother has casual sex every so often. Recently he contracted an STD because he had unprotected sex with a girl who claimed she was clean. Very foolish on his part and now that mistake will likely affect him for the rest of this life. I hate seeing them suffer, but they reap what they sow.

Even people who aren't Christians can't deny that God created sex solely for marriage and having it outside of his design leads to brokenness. We can see the consequences from those around us that just reinforces that we are making the right choice to wait. Yes, the wait is difficult but dealing with the life-long consequences could be many times more difficult. 

People talk about the awkwardness of the first time as if it's a bad thing. I think it can be a good thing to learn and grow together with your spouse and you can look back at the awkwardness and just laugh. Because I think if nothing else, it is much worse to have slept with many people and have all those experiences and memories plague your marriage.

Thanks Vince! I'm really sorry to hear about those boys but in the end we are the sum of our choices, right? My non christian friends also don't understand my reasons to wait besides labeling it as my religious choice even though there are demonstrated real life benefits to it. 

I so agree with you! Thinking of the consequences of our choices (something few of us do) can be a great motivator when the waiting gets tough.

Absolutely. The awkwardness is there no matter the person so why not have it with the person you are most open to be intimate with. I think growing and learning besides our partner can be the most beautiful and enriching experience in life. I admit I'm scared of this idea of memories plaguing my marriage and this is a big reason why I pray my future husband is also a wtmer. I don't want to be compared even involuntarily in his memories with any of his exes...

Thank you very much for your comment Vince. Wise and edifying! ^_^

2 people like this

For every thing God in His wisdom asked us not to do, He was and is protecting us, not only waiting but even in other aspects of life because He knows the consequences. When you get married, you get naked with each other, completely exposing yourself, imagine how much you would be nothing after the multiple sexual partners ripping off a spiritual piece of you each time and now what have you saved up for marriage? I pity them whom this mystery has not been revealed to and at the same time pray for them.

Be blessed and do not lose your guard

2 people like this

I completely agree with you. God only has our best in His plans for us. This is our duty also, to share the light we have been given on matters like this. In the end the choice to follow God's Word or not remains to us - this also a form of His love for us. Thank you for your thoughts @Theo 

God bless you too! :)

2 people like this

On 27.06.2017 at 2:22 PM, Adam said:

Great video. Really insightful. Always nice to hear from successful waiters, and her emotions were totally genuine about it all. Definitely inspiring. I know it's hard to hold on to your belief when everybody around you is telling you how much of an idiot you are, or making outlandish accusations about you. What you're doing is different from them, and they just cannot rationally comprehend that, so they ostracize you. There isn't much you can do besides ignore it, not take it to heart. Although that's easier said than done when the ridicule is coming from your friends and family. Still, you've gotta stay strong. In the video she put it so eloquently how beautiful it is to be able to mutually share that solely with your husband/wife. After all, they say good things come to those who wait, right? :) Anyway, thanks for posting this video. It certainly elevated my mood.

Really happy it has helped you @Adam, you're welcome! :)  Absolutely, I believe good things come to those who wait is especially available for us, waiting 'till marriage'ers. Thank you for your thoughts and encouragements!

3 people like this