Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
poisson

When do you consider yourself a waiter?

4 posts in this topic

I have been thinking about this question. I would like to have your opinion on when you consider yourself a waiter if you are not a virgin. For example, if I meet a guy who wants to wait for me until marriage, do you think he is a waiter from the time he made the decision? Or should I wait to see if he will be able to wait 90 days, 6 months, etc before I call him a waiter? 

Guys will say anything to get laid. As a guy evaluating another man, I'd say he'd have to have made the commitment before knowing you or without your input. I don't want to expose myself to disease so for a woman it'd be a nonstarter to wait for me to bring it up or set boundaries.

I'm not saying he isn't genuine but looking at it critically you'd have to be amazingly persuasive to convince someone to abstain based on a couple of date night conversations. It's not like it's an unknown concept and it requires significant lifestyle changes.

eta: whoops. :P didn't read it as a hypothetical. the answer is mostly the same though.

@ Amarillo, thanks for your input. I think you are right about the guy making or willing to make the commitment to wait until marriage before knowing the girl. I have heard of men saying anything to get laid so I pray I end up with a genuine guy. 

This topic reminds me of a thread I started: 

In short- whatever someone's background is; they should be waiting because of their own decision/beliefs/etc, not because they are "waiting on someone" 

1 person likes this