Geraldine

Set Apart Girl Conference 2017 ! I was there ! :D

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys!!!!!!!! :D

I'm soooooooooooooo excited to share this with you!

Soooo! The week-end of 26th to 28th of May, was the conference of Set Apart Girls, https://setapartgirl.com/the-conference the ministry from Leslie Ludy. I greatly admire this woman and also her husband.

They are indeed a great blessing to me. You can check out the website of Leslie Ludy here : http://www.setapartgirl.com/

There are free podcasts, free articles and devotionals to help you grow in your faith as a woman.

For the men, Eric Ludy has this : http://ellerslie.com/sermons/eric-ludy/4-15-12/the-bravehearted-man

So....Thank God, because, this past week-end, I have been able to go to United States, Colorado, for the first time of my life....!!!! Everything was awesome!!!! Even if it was a short period of time, I met plenty of high quality people, who are passionate about Jesus, who want to honor Him with their lives...I learned plenty of meaningful things...

They have a ministry of discipleship online and also physical in Colorado(such a beautiful place between !): http://ellerslie.com/

They have 3 natural children and  also 3 adopted children. From the ministry compassion : https://www.compassion.com/

For me it was a miracle and a great honor to meet Leslie Ludy in person, she is one of the sweetest person I've ever met. And Eric Ludy, is one of the funniest and very inspiring godly men that I've ever met.

Below pictures of me with them !!!!! So excited about that !!!

image1.JPG

IMG_20170527_154443.jpg

2017-05-26 20.41.06.jpg

4 people like this

Wow, @Geraldine, I'm so excited for you! Such stunning photographs! :D

Thank you for sharing your experience with us- don't hold back if you have more you'd like to say about what you learned, haha. It looks like it was a busy weekend.

I hope you enjoyed your stay in the US! ^_^

1 person likes this

Awwww !:D

Thank you so very much @redgrapes

I appreciate the compliment regarding the photographs! And I'm glad that you appreciate my sharing with you ! :);)

Thank you for your interest that gives me the opportunity to tell more B)

I enjoyed so much this stay in the US, the weather was awesome, the landscape of Colorado so enjoyable and beautiful....it was awww:D

Actually, yes, I do want to share so many things that I've learned there, spiritually speaking.

One of the things that I've been marked by, was the like minded people I met. Well, it was mostly girls obviously, since the conference was for "Set Apart Girls":P

I was impressed because even if we were all from different countries and cultures, we felt really like family and as if we have known each other for a very long time. Because we have the same love for God, the same Holy Spirit dwelling in us . And we shared some testimonies of our experiences with Jesus when we became christians. It was really edifying.

Everyone was really surprised to see that I made all the distance from Paris to come there. I was like a "special guest" :P and I did appreciated the warm welcome!

I shared my contact with many girls and women there, so I have new christian friends from United States. :D That's AWESOME!

I met young girls who are homeschooled and some who also were homeschooled...and for me it was amazing...Because I'm really interested in that subject. And the testimonies of the girls who were homeschooled and are now at university is that it was a really good thing for many reasons.

They don't regret it. I've learned that in the state of Virginia, they are many christians who are homeschooled and this state has quite great values. So I'm motivated to go and visit there. I don't know when yet...The nickname of Virginia is the "Christian belt"  ^_^ I didn't know that.

I've learned that in Washington also, many people practice homeshooling, even if they are not christians. It seems that in this state, parents don't trust the  government regarding the education of their children.

By the way, I have a question for everyone. What do you think about homeschooling?

Did I mention that Eric and Lesly LUDY are an inspiration for me because they also successfully waited till marriage?

I've read their book "When God writes your love story" and it was revolutionnary for me. I recommend it.

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/1590523040?ie=UTF8&tag=couronneclata-21&camp=1642&linkCode=xm2&creativeASIN=1590523040

And I've been really edifying by reading many of their books...They are simply so deep in their faith and in their dedication toward Jesus.

I think that their message at core, is not a trendy one. I mean, they speak about dying to oneself, taking the cross of Jesus, like the Bible told to do.

"If anyone desires to come after ME, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow ME." Matthew16v24 (Bible)

So it's not like they try to become popular with their message. They aren't in this ministry to please people. But really to please God. They simply speak the truth of the Bible and try their best to live it correctly daily. That's why I admire them so much. They point people towards Jesus, not to themselves.

One of the things I want to share is that they ask the question : " Are you in the ministry for the glory of God or for your own happiness?

It can't be both.

Yes, God makes us happy, He gives us joy and peace. But the way He does it, isn't always through a "normal" way.

The world looks for happiness through self assertion. The christian knows that joy is found in self-abandonment. "If a man will let himself be lost for My sake", Jesus said, "he will find his true self".  Quote of Elisabeth Elliot

"Trust in Him at all times...Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us". Psalm62v8(Bible)

So, to sum up, they told that we have to seek to please God in every area of our lives. And that we have to serve those around us as Jesus did. But it's impossible to do that without the help of God. Without Jesus, we are unable to do anything good. If we want to practice the will of God in our everyday life, we have to ask Him His help. He will answer :)

So that's what I can say for now. If something else comes into my mind later, I will gladly tell :) And don't hesitate if you have questions about that also!

I will be glad to answer

Many blessings:D

1 person likes this

I meant to get back to you on this post, @Geraldine. Fortunately, you mentioned home schooling in a recent post and it reminded me of this one. :)

Thank you for sharing your experiences, and telling us about the unpopular message to deny yourself and follow Jesus. I already know you were a "special guest," hehe. ^_^ 

To answer your question about home schooling:

I like the idea of it for myself, if I have children. I actually asked my mother to home school me but she went to work instead (both my parents worked while my sister and I attended public school). However, I think public school should still exist in some fashion for many students because their parents may be unprepared to teach and incompetent in certain essential subjects. Some home schooled students actually attended our high school for relatively difficult courses such as calculus and to take classes for early college credit. In the rural town I live in, I am terrified to think of how illiteracy might climb within 100% home schooling conditions, though I had teachers who were definitely inferior to a random person selected off the street (which is why my knowledge of world history is abysmally lacking).

One reason I like home schooling is that I value people with diverse backgrounds and disciplined self study. I personally have excelled post-college in terms of educating myself and developing my interests. I was mostly stifled in the average classroom, and even under my parent's direction- ideally an individual would be able to independently explore and reach their own conclusions.

Oh, and there are also bad influences and experiences to be found in public school. I pretend public school made me tough and gave me social and situational experience, but I believe public school isn't necessary to acquire "street smarts" or any of the aforementioned skills.

I am interested to hear your thoughts on homeschooling, Geraldine, if you would like to share sometime. :) 

2 people like this

@redgrapes   :)

Thank you so very much for doing this ! I'm really glad that you could remember to do that. :)

I also wanted to thank you again for your sincere appreciation on my posts and for the comment you made on my presence on the forum (in this post below).      

That really means a lot...and that is truly encouraging. I'm really thankful to God that I've been able to be connected to you and also to many great persons on this website. You're precious for me too dear sister ;)

So now, about homeschooling. Thank you for your interest about my thoughts:)

I will try my best to share my point of view...

Actually, you gave really very good arguments for both public school and homeschool... And what you said made perfect sense.

"I am terrified to think of how illiteracy might climb within 100% home schooling conditions, though I had teachers who were definitely inferior to a random person selected off the street (which is why my knowledge of world history is abysmally lacking). "

You're right that it would be terrifying ... and in that case, that's right that public school might be a good solution...

However, I've noticed that in the past few years, it seems that the quality of teaching in public schools in general, has started to decline... I'm really concerned also with the introduction of dangerous teachings to very young children. Teachings in nursery school, such as : gender theory , meaning children have the choice to decide which sex they can have, and unfortunately, they can change their natural sex at such a young age as 3 ! That's shocking !

An awful example in the article below... In this example, the child hasn't changed sex yet,..:wacko:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-lgbt-parenting-idUSKBN14B1C8

In the article below, unfortunately, the child has changed sex ! :wacko::unsure::blink:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/family/transgender-children-my-son-told-me-he-was-a-girl/

In some public schools, they teach children about homosexuality and also sexuality (with naked persons in drawings and so on :blink:)...so they pervert the mind of young innocent children... too much too soon...

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/spring-fever/

So I think that those children are not protected emotionally and psychologically...

I believe that it's the parents' role to teach their children about sexuality...and about  every other matter in life, as the Bible says :

"Train up a child in the way he should go,And when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverb 22v6

"These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. "  Deuteronomy 6v6-7

I realise that in our current society, those things are not easy to do, with the system of two parents working in order to provide for their family...but it's possible to find other solutions and to practice homeschooling...I don't say it's easy...but it's possible. 

In the mind of God, children had to be influenced by their christian parents in order to grow in their faith. When children spend most of the time in public schools, influenced by their peers and evil teachings...the influence of their parents over them is drastically diminished...

Nevertheless, I have to admit that in the case of children abused by their parents (unfortunately, not all parents are good parents :() public school can be a very good thing. That's true that there are good public schools with good teachings and healthy environments...and children have the opportunity to grow safely.

To tell the truth, I went to public school, and I have a very good experience with it. But as I consider how things go in this world and studying what the Bible says about parenting...my preference goes towards homeschooling...

I came across this (pretty long ahaha :P) article that also talks about the mindset in public schools :

http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/19/schools-ditch-academics-for-emotional-manipulation/

I would say that each situation is different and we can't say totally black or white regarding the choice of public school versus home school. I think that each parent has to pray God to help them make the wisest and healthiest choice for their children and in agreement with the Bible.

Well, I hope I haven't been too clumsy in my answer and that you understood a little bit what I tried to say ^_^

2 people like this

@Geraldine and @redgrapes, thank you for discussing the issue of homeschooling.

I personally am 100% pro-homeschooling. While I do think there are still some great public school districts out there, for the most part I think the public school system is a joke. Our public school system as well as academia is plagued with politically correctness and Cultural Marxism indoctrination. They are not teaching our children how to think critically, but rather what to think. I don't want my children to be taught all these lies.

I do understand some families require both parents working out of financial necessity. But if that isn't the issue, there is no reason for both parents to work. What is the point of having children if they are spending most of the day at daycare or school being raised and taught by someone else? Kids should be at home being a raised and taught full-time. Having both parents work simply to achieve a certain level of a life of luxury isn't worth all that time away from nurturing your kids. When your kids go off to college, are you going to regret not making enough to get that fancy car you wanted or are you going to regret the time you didn't spend with them growing up? Learn to live within your means and take that time to establish a strong relationship and memories with your kids.

I also do not want to entrust my children to the state for 8 hours a day. Most schools can't even protect the kids from other kids who bully them. My elementary school didn't allow us to physically defend ourselves if we were physically bullied. The most we were allowed to do was "block the punch" or run away or some such nonsense. So basically if we fought back, we could be expelled, for simply defending ourselves! This is utter stupidity. If the school can't be trusted to protect my child from bullies, how can I trust them to protect my child in case a psychopath comes and commits a school shooting?

When it comes to the actual teaching, homeschooling has the benefit of the children having more personal 1 on 1 time with the teacher. Rather than a public school teacher having to divide his or her attention to a room full of kids, a child can have their parent's full attention the whole time. Since the parent is the teacher, the kids can follow up with the homework or lessons and get help any time of the day. 

If I ever have kids, they will be homeschooled. End of story. Until then, I want to make sure I am in a place of stability that would allow my future wife to stay home and teach them without worrying about finances.

3 people like this

6 hours ago, Invincible said:

@Geraldine and @redgrapes, thank you for discussing the issue of homeschooling.

I personally am 100% pro-homeschooling. While I do think there are still some great public school districts out there, for the most part I think the public school system is a joke. Our public school system as well as academia is plagued with politically correctness and Cultural Marxism indoctrination. They are not teaching our children how to think critically, but rather what to think. I don't want my children to be taught all these lies.

I do understand some families require both parents working out of financial necessity. But if that isn't the issue, there is no reason for both parents to work. What is the point of having children if they are spending most of the day at daycare or school being raised and taught by someone else? Kids should be at home being a raised and taught full-time. Having both parents work simply to achieve a certain level of a life of luxury isn't worth all that time away from nurturing your kids. When your kids go off to college, are you going to regret not making enough to get that fancy car you wanted or are you going to regret the time you didn't spend with them growing up? Learn to live within your means and take that time to establish a strong relationship and memories with your kids.

I also do not want to entrust my children to the state for 8 hours a day. Most schools can't even protect the kids from other kids who bully them. My elementary school didn't allow us to physically defend ourselves if we were physically bullied. The most we were allowed to do was "block the punch" or run away or some such nonsense. So basically if we fought back, we could be expelled, for simply defending ourselves! This is utter stupidity. If the school can't be trusted to protect my child from bullies, how can I trust them to protect my child in case a psychopath comes and commits a school shooting?

When it comes to the actual teaching, homeschooling has the benefit of the children having more personal 1 on 1 time with the teacher. Rather than a public school teacher having to divide his or her attention to a room full of kids, a child can have their parent's full attention the whole time. Since the parent is the teacher, the kids can follow up with the homework or lessons and get help any time of the day. 

If I ever have kids, they will be homeschooled. End of story. Until then, I want to make sure I am in a place of stability that would allow my future wife to stay home and teach them without worrying about finances.

@Invincible : Excellent comment here!

Thank you very much for sharing ! I agree 100% with absolutely everything that you said...

2 people like this

37 minutes ago, redgrapes said:

Since certain members have recently expressed interest in Bible scripture support, I thought I would share this internet page on home schooling:

"Is homeschooling biblical?" By Dr. Brian D. Ray

https://carm.org/is-homeschooling-biblical

Thank you very much for sharing this very accurate and interesting  webpage about homeschooling. :)

I began to read but didn't finished yet. I will take time to read it entirely when I can. I reallycare about this subject 

1 person likes this