MikeyD

Howdy!

8 posts in this topic

Hi all, I'm not really sure how I wound up on this forum, but here I am! I've decided to join mainly out of curiosity as to why others have decided on "waiting."

I'm 25 and a bit of a nomad at the moment. Looking forward to 'meeting' you all. 

Hi there MikeyD - Welcome to the forum :) 

As for your reasons for joining, is it to find out more about others including or excluding yourself?

If it's excluding yourself - what do you believe are the main reasons people wait? 

If it's including yourself - what is the main reason that you are waiting?

Sorry I'm a bit confused by your post lol

Welcome to the site :D Sooooo........where you from (mostly at least since you say you're having a "nomadic" life)?

Welcome to the forum.

So you are waiting too, or trying to learn about those who, are or both...?

Thanks for the welcomes, all. I guess I am a "waiter" as well. In the past, it was a religious issue, though more recently many of my religious values have morphed into a sort of personal ethic, not necessarily tied to religious practice or belief. I might not be dogmatically tied to waiting until marriage but I certainly would have to be in a very long-term and committed relationship - I'm not completely sure. I just feel that it is important to hold ourselves to high standards of self-control and consider why we should or should not engage in any particular act rather than just go along with the direction of our society.

I thought it was interesting that a forum like this existed, in that it seems people incorporate Waiting as part of their personal identity. I don't think I've really considered it part of my identity, though I guess it's something I *practice* regardless.

18 hours ago, Francois said:

Welcome to the site :D Sooooo........where you from (mostly at least since you say you're having a "nomadic" life)?

I'm from the East Coast of the US

Is there a particular place most people on here are from? It seems pretty much all over?

Hi MikeyD. :) Welcome to the forum!

Yes, there are members from all over the world, but it still seems the US has the most members of any given country.

1 person likes this