ellegabrielle

How do you know if he/she is the one?

11 posts in this topic

Hello fellow christian or religious waiters. :) I'm making this topic as an advice from my own recent experience that I hope will help or bless somebody. The reason why I posted this video is because I liked it and I agree with it. At one point in the video she is talking about confirmations or signs. Her experience was positive but I'm here to advice about a bad experience. I've recently been in a short relationship in which I entered because of different "signs" that have been shown to me and to him. We had so many signs that we both were sure we are soulmates(besides compatibility). I'm here writing to you to beware of signs because they can also be sent from the enemy. Especially now in the later/end times to deceive us. The only option (and which the vloger validates for me) in which I believe is when the sign is found as verses in the Bible. Also the Holy Spirit in prayer if you have a strong relationship with God or in a very direct way through a person that you trust. We tend to wear our pink colored glasses when we develop a crush or feelings for somebody new, seeing only their good parts and setting back the bad - this is a reason more to not fall in the trap of " Oh, this happened in this context so it should be a sign" etc. No. Trust your intuition but even more trust the Word of God and obey it prayerfully. God bless you!

3 people like this

@ellegabrielleThank you so very much dear Gabi for this very edifying and inspirational video!

Thank you also for your testimony... very helpful indeed... blessing for you lovely ^_^

2 people like this

@ellegabrielle, Thanks for the post! I'm sorry to hear your relationship ended. But I completely agree with your assessment and many of us need to hear it.

I used to believe in "the One," or the idea that God has only one specific person for you. I also believed that you will know who is the one when God "tells" you. The problem is often times, we often project what we want to be true onto what we believe God's will is for our lives. I think this whole belief of "the One" comes from Hollywood influencing even the church on how we view our love lives. In truth, I don't think anywhere in the Bible states that God has only one special person planned for each of us. In fact, God never promises all of us a spouse period. What it does say is it gives us guidance on what to look for in a spouse and how a godly marriage should look like. Beyond that, I believe God gives us freedom to choose our spouses. I believe He will bless whoever you choose provided that the other person is also pursuing God and you feel at peace with the other person's good qualities and shortcomings. Just because the other person is a strong Christian doesn't mean they are right for you if you don't feel at peace with other things about their life.

4 people like this

I don't believe in the one personally - I believe that there are several people who you could make it work with. 

Some make it easier and some make it harder but ultimately I feel like the fact that people are searching for "the one" is wrong. There are key features that we should look for like faith, fundamentals like how to run a family/home and how someone deals with money etc. Those will let us know if they person is compatible with us and the more compatible in the fundamental areas, the better the chance of a relationship working long term. 

The video below clarifies my point a bit better than I could haha. 

2 people like this

I think people refer to "the one" in two different ways. Some use the term interchangeably with "the person I will marry" ("Is he the one?" equating "Is he the man I want to spend the rest of my life with? Is he my future husband?") and others use it in reference to their soulmate ("Is he the one?" and "Is he my soulmate?"). Either way, the omniscience of God includes knowing who we will or will not marry before we are born, even exercising our own free will, and what the outcome will be. In that sense I believe "the one" is literally the individual I decide to enter into marriage with, regardless of whether or not there are signs. Before marriage I wouldn't call anyone "the one" except as an abbreviation of "he's the one I want to marry."

On 5/24/2017 at 3:26 PM, ellegabrielle said:

I've recently been in a short relationship in which I entered because of different "signs" that have been shown to me and to him. We had so many signs that we both were sure we are soulmates(besides compatibility). I'm here writing to you to beware of signs because they can also be sent from the enemy.

If you don't mind my asking, what kind of signs did you receive? Do you believe they were coincidental or from another source? :unsure:

5 people like this

On 25.05.2017 at 0:47 PM, Invincible said:

@ellegabrielle, Thanks for the post! I'm sorry to hear your relationship ended. But I completely agree with your assessment and many of us need to hear it.

I used to believe in "the One," or the idea that God has only one specific person for you. I also believed that you will know who is the one when God "tells" you. The problem is often times, we often project what we want to be true onto what we believe God's will is for our lives. I think this whole belief of "the One" comes from Hollywood influencing even the church on how we view our love lives. In truth, I don't think anywhere in the Bible states that God has only one special person planned for each of us. In fact, God never promises all of us a spouse period. What it does say is it gives us guidance on what to look for in a spouse and how a godly marriage should look like. Beyond that, I believe God gives us freedom to choose our spouses. I believe He will bless whoever you choose provided that the other person is also pursuing God and you feel at peace with the other person's good qualities and shortcomings. Just because the other person is a strong Christian doesn't mean they are right for you if you don't feel at peace with other things about their life.

You're very welcomed Vince! And Amen! I completely agree with your statements. After my experience I'm not sure I believe in soulmates after all. I believe God will speak to us in personal ways as to assure us about our future spouse if it's the right choice or not provided we are searching to be in His will and follow it. You mentioned something spot on, I highly think is important; the "feel at peace" completely regarding the partner. I think it is very important to not have any doubs and if so to bring it before God. I believe God speaks to us through many ways but also the enemy is shrewd and can take advantace of our naive hearts. So dear waiters, please guard your hearts and get a good solid foundation before you throw yourself into a relationship just because there are "signs"... Oh, right now even remembering and writing this makes me feel so stupid. Young love... :rolleyes:

3 people like this

On 25.05.2017 at 1:33 AM, Geraldine said:

@ellegabrielleThank you so very much dear Gabi for this very edifying and inspirational video!

Thank you also for your testimony... very helpful indeed... blessing for you lovely ^_^

I'm really glad it was helpful to you dear sister... God bless you too! ^_^

1 person likes this

On 25.05.2017 at 1:46 PM, BlackRose said:

I don't believe in the one personally - I believe that there are several people who you could make it work with. 

Some make it easier and some make it harder but ultimately I feel like the fact that people are searching for "the one" is wrong. There are key features that we should look for like faith, fundamentals like how to run a family/home and how someone deals with money etc. Those will let us know if they person is compatible with us and the more compatible in the fundamental areas, the better the chance of a relationship working long term. 

The video below clarifies my point a bit better than I could haha. 

I totally agree with you and with the video (thanks for sharing by the way!^_^) Marriage is something really important in our lives when we get into it so the foundation on which we build it will eventually be the most important part that will show on the long run and on long term. Thanks for your for your opinnion! God bless

3 people like this

On 25.05.2017 at 3:15 PM, HeWhoWaits said:

Sometimes, you just know:

Loved this. Really good humor. Thanks! Sometimes you just know... :lol:

On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 11:15 PM, redgrapes said:

I think people refer to "the one" in two different ways. Some use the term interchangeably with "the person I will marry" ("Is he the one?" equating "Is he the man I want to spend the rest of my life with? Is he my future husband?") and others use it in reference to their soulmate ("Is he the one?" and "Is he my soulmate?"). Either way, the omniscience of God includes knowing who we will or will not marry before we are born, even exercising our own free will, and what the outcome will be. In that sense I believe "the one" is literally the individual I decide to enter into marriage with, regardless of whether or not there are signs. Before marriage I wouldn't call anyone "the one" except as an abbreviation of "he's the one I want to marry."

If you don't mind my asking, what kind of signs did you receive? Do you believe they were coincidental or from another source? :unsure:

Thanks for the clarification @redgrapes. After my experience, I also agree with you. We wanted also to get married but we were a bit unrealistic, hence it didn't last. Also I would like to add how important is to know the person before you get married and not thinking you will have a lot of time after you get married. But I believe the rest of the wtmers are not so naive as I was.

About the signs, I don't want to get too much into details but I will give some examples. I don't believe in coincidences. I believe everything does happen for a reason but we don't always know or learn why. We are permited to get tempted only to cling to God even stronger. We got signs as names, numbers, dates while walking together or solo in the city. At one point someone drew a graffiti of my family name (only in english) on the building where he lives and nobody knew we were together, except really close people. For us it was like when people say the "universe conspires" for us to be together. But at the same time even though we had many things and likings in common and really liked each other, we didn't have the most important foundation (in my opinion) the faith one and this eventually was why we didn't last. 

3 people like this