Parrot

Salutations!

8 posts in this topic

Hello!

I'm a Software Developer from the South East USA, still kinda adjusting to post college life (got a Master's in Computer Science immediately upon finishing undergrad). ISTJ personality type, with an interest in video games, SciFi, and super heros. Gaming has kinda been a huge part of my life (started playing Super Mario Bros when I was 3, my fate was sealed at a young age lol), but while it's a pretty comfortable conversation topic, I haven't played them much since high school really. I'm incredibly introverted, but love spending time with close friends as much as possible. Unfortunately, most all of them have moved away since graduation... Was pretty involved in a campus ministry during grad school, but have really struggled to find community within a church, especially with others my age. That's kinda why I'm trying this out... loneliness has been pretty overwhelming of late, and I really don't know how to meet anyone anymore. I've always wanted a relationship, but waiting for marriage (and subsequently wanting to find a girl who is also looking for that) only makes it that much harder to find someone, especially when I'm currently struggling to make friends anyway (and I've always been pretty terrible at making friends on my own, I do best making friends through friends). I've tried dating sites, but rarely find people I can relate to there, and if I do, I get ignored outright. 

I'm pretty transparent, and often described as genuine, but I often find it to be a little overwhelming for new friends. 

Anyway, while I'd certainly much prefer to meet people in real life who I can actually hang out with.. I hope I'll at least meet some people here who have similar views on waiting for marriage, faith, etc. I've had a hard time finding people who see things similarly, and that makes me feel pretty alone and isolated even in times of my life when I do have a lot of friends. As much as I'd prefer this introduction to be more upbeat and positive, I hope you'll understand that it's unfortunately far from where I'm at right now =\

Welcome to the site ! :)

I hope you find what you look for amongst us ^^

2 people like this

Hi Parrot, Welcome!

You're not alone in your feelings of loneliness and struggling to make friendships. I have this problem as well. I think you'll find great support here, though! I'm new as well and have been enjoying it so far :)

3 people like this

Welcome, and I hope you'll find what you're looking for here.

2 people like this

Hi Parrot. :) Welcome to the forum!

1 person likes this

Thank you all!

17 hours ago, misskayanne88 said:

Hi Parrot, Welcome!

You're not alone in your feelings of loneliness and struggling to make friendships. I have this problem as well. I think you'll find great support here, though! I'm new as well and have been enjoying it so far :)

Sorry to hear you share in that struggle. I'm glad to hear you have found this community helpful, and I hope I will as well.

1 person likes this