Phoenix25

Engagement Ring Stone

4 posts in this topic

Would you only want an engagement ring with a Diamond? Would you be happy with a Pink Spinel or Pink Sapphire instead of a Diamond?

I am very traditional, so to me, an engagement ring should have a diamond. I know that in the past, there have been other engagement gift traditions that the man would give to his fiancé, but in our current time, Diamonds are the typical stone. Some other women like alternatives because they want to be unique. But I love the traditional diamond. I also just love how sparkly they are and the symbolism of their strength. Also, I feel like they "go" with anything. If I had a pink or blue stone, I would always feel that it didn't match with the rest of my attire, lol.

1 person likes this

I would want a Ruby and Diamond engagement ring tbh. Ruby is my name and Diamond is my birthstone as well as traditional. Simple as that lol

Honestly, with as traditional as I am in so many ways, one might think that I'd prefer a diamond. However, I'm not so worried about the stone as I am about the style. If he knows I like vintage, and it doesn't matter if it's good costume jewelry or real, then I'd probably be thrilled. I love the look of the 20s and 30s era jewelry.