Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geraldine

6 things every christian girl needs to know before getting married

3 posts in this topic

Wow. There's a lot of this that I can agree with. Unfortunately, for me, I've been told I am TOO 'others focused'. It's not that I don't want things or have my own views, but I always take care of others before myself. I have a tendency to give others there way so as not to make waves and make them happy...even at the coat of my own happiness. I am the 'peacemaker' in most dynamics and will try to help resolve conflict because I don't like to see people fighting.

I really liked how she pointed out that we, as women, need to have a strong relationship with God before we go into marriage. Cultivating a faith that we can rely on and find fulfillment in. This is, probably, the most important thing. Whether God plans for us to be married, or not, this is important. We do not need a man to fulfill us, or strengthen our faith, or make us better Christians, as some other people would have us believe. I really liked that. My faith, and love for God, is MY responsibility to nourish, not a mans responsibility to show me.

Some of what she is talking about is definitely something women need to work on, as do men, really. Though, I think some of it can come with age and wisdom for some, where others learn it by being forced to face it because of, like she said, thinking that they've got it all figured out and realizing they don't.

1 person likes this

Thank you so very much for your comment @Photogirl :)

I totally agree with everything she said in the vid...And I was thinking that the same applies to men as well towards their wives.

8 hours ago, PhotoGirl said:

My faith, and love for God, is MY responsibility to nourish, not a mans responsibility to show me.

I couldn't agree more :)