Emotional Abuse

Geraldine
By Geraldine,
Today I came across this blog titled: The Invisible Scar https://theinvisiblescar.wordpress.com/ And I discovered that the month of April is the month some have chosen to "celebrate" adults who have survived emotional child abuse. I think this blog is really accurate and can help many people.... I mean , thank God for adults who had the beautiful opportunity to be raised by parents who really cared for them and have provided for them spiritually, emotionally, intellectually and physically...Well, in a nutshell, they had healthy parents Unfortunately, it's not a reality for every grown up... and in our today society, this phenomenon of parents mistreating their own children is more and more common There are obvious way to mistreat a child that everyone can notice such as physical violence, using gross words towards him/her, yelling at him/her...Those are obvious... But there are other ways of mistreating a child that can be invisible, yet the damages in adulthood can be disastrous... It is what is called "emotional abuse". In the article I read on this site they give an example of emotional abuse: "Mom is feeling incredibly depressed. Instead of seeking help or taking the right meds (if needed) or calling up a friend, Mom manipulates her child to attend to all her needs, to treat her as if she were a fragile and delicate thing that needs to be pampered. Mom doesn’t care about the child and how that freaks out a kid to take on that role; Mom needs a parent and the neglected child will become that substitute parent. " You can read full article here : https://theinvisiblescar.wordpress.com/2016/09/30/emotionally-neglected-children-may-feel-like-they-are-ghosts/ So, I wanted to say : for those of you who have awesome parents and family, you simply can thank God for that beautiful gift. For those of you who know what emotional abuse means, I just want to say to you: it's a great blessing in disguise, even if you don't realise it yet I pray that God can fully heal you from those wounds and that you can become the parent you wish you had if you become father or mother one day And remember that God is a Father to the fatherless, He is the parent by excellence... Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me Psalm 27v10 Can a woman forget her nursing child And have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, but I will not forgetyou. 16"Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before Me. Isaiah 49v15-16 Many blessings for you all...I pray the peace and love of God over you and your family . In the name of  Jesus. Amen   Edit PS :   I just put here an excerpt from an article on this blog that touched me...Hope you will be blessed by it    "If you were an invisible child at home, know that you are not doomed to be forever invisible. Just because your parents lacked the intelligence (the Bible says that intelligence is knowing God), compassion, or just very basic human instinct of nurturing their young, that doesn’t mean you aren’t real, that you don’t matter, that you are unworthy. Because you are worthy. As a human being, you have dignity. You matter." https://theinvisiblescar.wordpress.com/2016/09/30/emotionally-neglected-children-may-feel-like-they-are-ghosts/ Edit PS 2 : I was thinking about something for those of you who might have been through parental emotional abuse...It's very important for you to forgive in order to heal and break the cycle in your life and the future generations to come in your family (children  ) . Important to forgive your parents and to understand that probably, they too have been mistreated when growing up. And that they were may be ignorant and they did what they knew...without wanting hurting you purposedfully. That's not an excuse but understand them can help to forgive. Forgive doesn't mean you allow them to continue and you accept something wrong...But just that you free them... And important to forgive yourself also... Ok, I hope all this can bless and help someone