Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nina

How to approach or find guys willing to wait?

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm about to begin college. I have never been in a relationship due to my fear of rejection for my morals. What advice (if any) would you have for me in reguards to confidence and approaching guys?

How to find guys?

In my opinion I would say the best location to find guys with that belief system is through church. If you are of such a faith yourself than I'd say find a decent sized church that preaches scripture and get involved in their college aged youth ministries. Sure, not everyone there will be waiters but your chances are much, much higher than the general, non-spiritual world who has never been introduced to the concept of sex being only between spouses rather than being taught to just wait until it "feels right"....whenever that is.

How to approach guys? Just be friendly and outgoing.  Instead of being shy and pretending to never notice anyone and always looking straight ahead with a serious face practice being friendly. Make eye contact and don't look away, smile at people. Say hi whenever you pass them. You'd be surprised how much it can open doors when you give off the most simple vibes of being friendly and open to meeting people. If it is your natural inclination to pucker up and be quiet, to always glance away if anyone looks your way (as if you are scared they'll notice you looking their way) and if you just stare strait ahead when walking by people than you can challenge yourself and practice being friendly. Don't ever walk by any guys you think are cute without looking them in the eye and smiling and giving a warm hi. If a guy is in class with you and glances your way, don't dart your eyes away in fear but rather look right back at him and smile. Don't be afraid he'll think you like him, that's kind of the point.

This can increase the number of guys that feel comfortable approaching you and talking to you.

1 person likes this