Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geraldine

Pre-Tribulation/Post tribulation rapture...

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

It's not really a happy subject...but I was wondering what do you  think about this ?

I'll be honest, I didn't watch the video. I've already heard pastors speak on this and I've read a lot about it. I've read the full "Left Behind" series.

I've heard various theologians quote the same Bible as their evidence for this and against this.

I don't really know. I guess it doesn't really matter. If I'm alive when this occurs than either I'll have to live through it or I won't. Me believing in this occurring one way or the other beforehand isn't going to change how it really goes down. Both arguments have points. Off the top of my head, a pro pre-rapture point would be, why would God raise up the 122,000 prophets if the actual church were still on the  Earth. It would seem logical that these prophets are meant to preach the truth to the Earth after there is no more church around to point the way.

Of course there are verses in Revelation that seem to point the other way as well. Revelation is just so cryptic that it is hard to get absolutes about everything.

5 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

I'll be honest, I didn't watch the video. I've already heard pastors speak on this and I've read a lot about it. I've read the full "Left Behind" series.

I've heard various theologians quote the same Bible as their evidence for this and against this.

I don't really know. I guess it doesn't really matter. If I'm alive when this occurs than either I'll have to live through it or I won't. Me believing in this occurring one way or the other beforehand isn't going to change how it really goes down. Both arguments have points. Off the top of my head, a pro pre-rapture point would be, why would God raise up the 122,000 prophets if the actual church were still on the  Earth. It would seem logical that these prophets are meant to preach the truth to the Earth after there is no more church around to point the way.

Of course there are verses in Revelation that seem to point the other way as well. Revelation is just so cryptic that it is hard to get absolutes about everything.

Thank you very much for having taken the time to answer :)

And thank you for your honesty also :) (it's ok for the video, I understand ^^ ahaha)

hmm...I totally understand your point of view...

But I don't entirely agree with evrything... 

You're right, both arguments have points...nevertheless, it's certain that there is one point of view that is mistaken and the other is not...

I used to think like you,  that it doesn't really matter... But as I go deeper into my relationship with God, I realise that it's important to know what the truth is and what God thinks about that...In order to be ready in the times to come and to make the right decisions...

If I'm alive when this occurs than either I'll have to live through it or I won't.

:lol::P:D Yes, of course...that seems so easy the way you put it...:lol:

Off the top of my head, a pro pre-rapture point would be, why would God raise up the 122,000 prophets if the actual church were still on the  Earth. It would seem logical that these prophets are meant to preach the truth to the Earth after there is no more church around to point the way

I totally agree with you on that point...the fact is , I wish from the bottom of my heart that pro-rapture theory would be the divine opinion...It would be so comfortable for me and for everyone else...

But after my study of the Bible, I came to the conclusion that post rapture tribulation is biblical. Really, if I'm wrong, I wouldn't be happier than knowing that... and if somebody can convince me with the Bible that pro rapture tribulation is biblical, and the will of God, this person is welcome.

But as yourself, I listened to plenty of sermons pre and post trib...and I always find something missing in the arguments of pre trib doctrine.

So, I'm not here to convince anyone..I'm just here to share my faith, what I believe is right before God's eyes. And I pray that anyone seeking the truth can find it according to God's will.

I came to the same conclusions as the girl in the video. I believe she is inspired by God.

Anyway, the Bible says that if we seek we shall find, and if we ask we shall be answered. So my suggestion for everyone reading this is to diligently seek God about this subject and He shall answer and reveal and make everything clear... He wants to guide those who want to please Him. Serving Jesus is not always easy, but it's really worth it.

Blessings for everyone :)