Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Banned books from the bible

2 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ said:

if many books have been banned from the bible on purpose, how can you trust the bible has not been tainted by humanity? 

Excellent question indeed...And thank you for asking...

It's a very important question...

I didn't watch the video...I just read your question...

To answer you I will quote this person :

David Velasquez on August 1, 2010 at 3:47pm

http://www.allaboutgod.net/forum/topics/books-banned-from-the-bible

" The books that were removed from the Bible were Apocrypha .

So when you talk about books removed from the Bible, you may be referring to the Apocrypha (@13 books that included in the Roman Catholic bible but which are not included on the Protestant bibles)

The term Apocrypha is used with various meanings, including "hidden", "esoteric", "spurious", "of questionable authenticity", and "Christian texts that are not canonical".

The word is originally Greek (ἀπόκρυφα) and means "those having been hidden away". Specifically, ἀπόκρυφα is the neuter plural of ἀπόκρυφος, a participle derived from the verb ἀποκρύπτω [infinitive: ἀποκρύπτειν], "to hide something away."[1]
The general term is usually applied to the books that the Christian Church considered useful but not divinely inspired. As such, it is misleading to refer to the Gospel according to the Hebrews or Gnostic writings as apocryphal, because they would not be classified in the same category by orthodox believers. Non-canonical books are texts of uncertain authenticity, or writings where the work is seriously questioned. Given that different denominations have different beliefs about what constitutes canonical scripture, there are several versions of the apocrypha. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocrypha

In a nut shell - There are books that have historical value but are not God inspired.
The bible is exactly what God wants it to be and the books in it are exactly those that our sovereign God planned for it to have"

And I will add, as a personal answer, that the Bible is all my life. I don't know how to explain it...I just know that the Bible is the true Word of God and that I have experienced super natural things thanks to the Bible.

When I was a teenager and I was looking for all the existential answers regarding life, I've found all the answers in the Bible. I've never been deceived...The Word of God = the Bible, is really the entire truth. Only the Holy Spirit can give you the conviction about that. I can't convince you, I can only give you my testimony. My testimony is that I have been guided by the Bible and I still am and my life is beautiful thanks to it.

With this link, you can find scientific proofs and other arguments :

https://answersingenesis.org/is-the-bible-true/can-we-prove-the-bible-is-true/