Ariel Rose

wanting to wait until marriage

9 posts in this topic

I am a 19 year old female and abstinence is very important to me. It is something that feels right for me and I know in my heart it is what is best for me. The only thing killing me is that I feel like no one will love me enough to wait or think I am special enough. :( Thinking about this really breaks my heart and I just want to find someone that will love me for who I am. Where do I go to meet people with the same values?  Should I give up?

2 people like this

It isn't enough to just go places... honestly it's much easier for women to find men. You just have to look for groups where men meet and smile at all of them. Smiles make men bolder.

1 person likes this

No, no, don't give up! No offense, but this seems to stem from a confidence issue. You feel that waiting is the right thing and that's great. So don't let doubts about yourself finding someone derail you! You're so young (I don't mean that in a condescending way) you have plenty of time to find someone! And there are plenty of people who share your views so please don't feel alone. 

5 people like this

Hi Ariel Rose :) Welcome to the forum!

Aw, don't give up. I'm sure you'll find someone who loves you and wants to wait, though it's important to be patient and keep to your beliefs. Do not "settle" for anyone in the meantime who won't gladly wait until marriage with you- you deserve the very best! ^_^ 

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, redgrapes said:

Hi Ariel Rose :) Welcome to the forum!

Aw, don't give up. I'm sure you'll find someone who loves you and wants to wait, though it's important to be patient and keep to your beliefs. Do not "settle" for anyone in the meantime who won't gladly wait until marriage with you- you deserve the very best! ^_^ 

Thank you for the warm welcome ♡ and thank you for the encouragement, I know I deserve the best, I just sometimes think it is impossible to find someone who is the best. -.

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, JesSea said:

No, no, don't give up! No offense, but this seems to stem from a confidence issue. You feel that waiting is the right thing and that's great. So don't let doubts about yourself finding someone derail you! You're so young (I don't mean that in a condescending way) you have plenty of time to find someone! And there are plenty of people who share your views so please don't feel alone. 

Thank you, I know for a fact that I am not alone. I just hope to surround myself with people who share my same values and hope to eventually find a mate with the same views. I try to be as confident as I can like thinking of qualities that make me great , I just feel like those qualities won't be enough :( 

3 people like this

9 minutes ago, Ariel Rose said:

Thank you, I know for a fact that I am not alone. I just hope to surround myself with people who share my same values and hope to eventually find a mate with the same views. I try to be as confident as I can like thinking of qualities that make me great , I just feel like those qualities won't be enough :( 

I think a lot of people feel like they aren't enough, unfortunately. We are often our own worst critic. You're probably much better off than you think you are. 

3 people like this

Welcome to the forum Ariel. 

“The only thing killing me is that I feel like no one will love me enough to wait or think I am special enough.” –This is were your thinking is wrong Ariel. You are basing your self-worth on other people (namely guys, most of who don't have true love). Someone who truly loves you will not wait on you. That sounds counterintuitive to read, but someone really capable of true love will have be committed to waiting regardless of who they are interested in. Someone who is "waiting on you" is only waiting for you to drop your standards.

No, don't give up! Waiting is totally worth it! I am in my 30's and I have no regrets at all about waiting. I am so glad that I committed myself to it when I was young. 

As far as meeting like minded people... you found this website so that is a start ;). Some churches might also offer a good place to look as well.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Syzygy said:

Welcome to the forum Ariel. 

“The only thing killing me is that I feel like no one will love me enough to wait or think I am special enough.” –This is were your thinking is wrong Ariel. You are basing your self-worth on other people (namely guys, most of who don't have true love). Someone who truly loves you will not wait on you. That sounds counterintuitive to read, but someone really capable of true love will have be committed to waiting regardless of who they are interested in. Someone who is "waiting on you" is only waiting for you to drop your standards.

No, don't give up! Waiting is totally worth it! I am in my 30's and I have no regrets at all about waiting. I am so glad that I committed myself to it when I was young. 

As far as meeting like minded people... you found this website so that is a start ;). Some churches might also offer a good place to look as well.

Thank you for the welcome! <3 
I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from. This does help and it is uplifting! I will always have my days where it seems hard and I feel down, but I know waiting will be so worth it in the end. As for meeting like minded people, I am glad I found this site <3 And I will definitely keep churches in mind lol I always loved church anyway <3 

1 person likes this