Guest markb4

Girls and Shopping

40 posts in this topic

I like shopping simply because I like to buy new clothes to wear.. this is probably the most materialistic and shallow thing I've ever said but it really is a great thing when you find a new dress to wear that fits you just right and makes you feel amazing :P however I can only actually stand shopping in small amounts... big shopping centres overwelm me (I'm prone to panic attacks you see) so I can only shop for an hour or two at a time :)

Syren: my bank account really doesn't like my shopping habits... LOL!

Clothes shopping for me is just jeans, t-shirts and boots and takes me a whole 10 mins to do!

The womens underware section doesn't really bother me I'll walk through it to get to other departments by myself...

Bookshops are definately a favorite as are tool shops and outdoors/camping shops

So girls you go your way I'll go mine and we'll meet up for lunch :-P

I like bookstores too--so I could do book shopping, and then lunch haha I went shopping with I guy I was dating before because he needed more regular shirts (he went to a private school so he was sick of polos). I helped tell him what colors looked good on him or what not :P He said it was the most fun he ever had shopping because usually he was just with his Mom. :)

wow asking me on a date to the book shop then out to lunch... that's a new one sally :-P

Our school uniform was either shirt and tie or polo shirts... Polo shirts were definately the more popular choice though, although I'm sure that's different from what students used to wear as the school was started in 1614 so quite an old one lol

I do however have a few shirts I just rarely wear them as I live on a farm so horses, donkeys and other animals and nice clothes don't mix lol

Bookshops are definately a favorite as are tool shops and outdoors/camping shops

Same here man haha! I love tools; a guy I used to work with used to always tell me "buy all your tools before you get married!" Haha he was just kidding but he was like "I don't care if you need it or not, if it's on sale buy it!!" Lol I figured you'd appreciate this!

Definately love it DD!... I've just thought of a good post for the guys section!

Gotta love DIY but I find most youngish guys don't know what they're doing when it comes to DIY... I mean a dripping tap and they call out a plumber... When its just the washer in the tap that needs changing... Very expensive washer that'll turn out to be lol

2 people like this

Hey girls,

Another question: Can any of you girls explain to me why girls (stereotypically, of course) enjoy shopping so much? That's always bothered me. Thanks!

I can honestly say the only thing I enjoy shopping for is books. I NEVER wear make-up, I barely care about clothing, and shoes don't do much for me seeing as I pretty much only wear yoga pants so that just leaves me with running shoes. I have no idea why girls love to shop. It's a mystery to me, too!

I have to jump on the book shopping band wagon. Can never go wrong with some time spent in a quiet book store, and then looking forward to getting home and crack my new finds open.

I recently started going crazy about shoes though. I have no idea why. My shoe collection went from about three pairs a year a half ago, to about 25 pairs. I still don't think I have enough...

2 people like this

I live for book stores :D Especially second hand ones, so many awesome finds!!!

Unfortunately there is not any really cool independent new book stores here, just Chapters :(, which is still cool because they have Starbucks in them as well lol.

I don't mind tool/electronic stores, but I really only buy if I have a need for them, like if I need a new monitor, or computer part, or specific tool to fix something etc.

1 person likes this

I have to jump on the book shopping band wagon. Can never go wrong with some time spent in a quiet book store, and then looking forward to getting home and crack my new finds open.

I recently started going crazy about shoes though. I have no idea why. My shoe collection went from about three pairs a year a half ago, to about 25 pairs. I still don't think I have enough...

I'm the same way with shoes! I didn't think it was bad until my bff used a clue in draw something "you have a lot of ______" and it was a five letter word and shoes fit....I was like oh gosh lol I have little cute sneakers, workout sneakers, boots, heels, professional flats and wedges, sandals...... :P

1 person likes this

I've gotta agree on the second hand book shops chris... There's one down some backstreets in a coastal town near where my nan lives that has a few small rooms but in all the rooms it has floor to celing bookshelves... And piles of books stacked up all over the floor! I absolutely love it in there

I've got books scattered all over the house, and of course, I'm still not satisfied with it. In fact, this thread reminds me that there's a book I need to go buy. I love getting all giddy over these kind of things!

In our society, looks are so focused on, and fashion and celebrities----for girls, to fit in their gender role, they are supposed to look a certian way, etc. In order to try to be like that, you need to be up on fashion etc.

I like it because it's fun and I enjoy getting to feel great because I found something that fits really good. Fit is important to guys too, but it's just like loose or tight (yes, I'm stereotyping) . For girls, it's more picky, because looks are more focused on us in terms of what guys think/if they like us and other girls judge too. For example, does it fit my chest right? Does my butt look good in these jeans? Is this too short or long for me? Do I need to wear a cami under this shirt? Does anything show when I bend over? Etc.

plus, we have a greater variety of fashion. lots and lots of choices and decisions to make.

i'm not that big on shopping, though, it can be an adventure.

For being a woman, i am not the typical person that loves shopping. I like to know what i need get in and get out in half an hour or less.