Mike

Suggest Celebrities

62 posts in this topic

Do you know of a celebrity that supports waiting on sex and isn't already listed on our Celebrities page? Suggest them here! If possible, please include a link to an article that discusses the celebrity's waiting status.

Shannon Stewart from America next top model waited she was on cycle one and the all stars special

Also Lacey sturm from the band flyleaf waited for her husband even though she messed up in the past once she became a Christian she decided to wait for him :) <3 which I think is so smart and sweet for these ladies to do

The YouTube band Cimorelli have been mentioned before, but I found an interview of theirs with a great bit about purity rings and waiting till marriage.

A few of you wear purity rings. Could you tell us a little bit more about that, and what it means to you?

Lisa: We are all very into purity, and saving ourselves for marriage, and being clean, chaste people. We don’t all wear purity rings, but we all hold those values. I wasn’t even going to buy one, and then a fan sent me

this ring with a cross on it and I was like, oh, I can wear this as a purity ring! I wasn’t even going to have a ring but then I just got one.

Christina: I’ve been wearing one for a year, my boyfriend got it for me a year ago. And we’ve all been really into what it means since we were teenagers, but a few of us just started wearing the rings. It’s something that’s really important to us, because we see what our girlfriends will go through in their dating lives, and we’ve just found that saving ourselves for marriage has really helped us a lot. It’s helped us find out who actually cares about us, and it’s helped with our dating lives, made them a lot more simple. It’s made us all more happy. We all get to decide what we really want to do, but so far we’ve all had the same opinion on this. It’s something that’s very important to us, and we’ve had a lot of fans talk to us about it. And say that they made the same decision, but they didn’t think that very many people agreed with them, but then when they saw that we believed in it, too, they were really excited about that. So we’re really happy because lots of people have reached out to us and told us that they had kept it a secret, or been a little scared to tell people, but now that they’ve seen us be more public about it it’s given them a lot more courage and strength.

Hope this is useful

:)

Nathan Kress, who plays the character Freddie in the teen program icarly, mentioned in a myspace blog back in 2009 that, yes, he wears a purity ring and his reasons for wearing it:

http://www.myspace.com/nathankressofficial/blog/490307629

I came across this by chance when i was looking up icarly (yes, i know im to old for it, but sue me, i like nickelodeon ;) ) and although it was written back when he was 16, he still wears his purity ring now i noticed in interviews (hes 19 now, twenty soon). I know that a lot of teen stars arent really put on our celebrity waiters list as they do tend to just be using abstinence as part of a squeaky clean image *Cough* Britney spears and *cough* most of the disney starlets; but i feel like Nathan is actually genuine about his decision (considering its something that he has kept for a few years now) but also...he hasnt flaunted it.

I think this is the difference between teen stars that actually ARE abstinent and those that use it for their image: The ones that arent are usually very subtle about their decision, and nathan only mentioned it once, but he also seems proud of his decision; shown by him wearing his ring :)

Kylie Bisutti was a Victoria secret model and I have a feeling she waited :) she's is still a model by not for vs anymore

I wanted to mention Cimorelli, but I saw someone did before. BUT I'm not sure but I believe Christina Cimorelli even showed me/the fans this site.......... They are also one of my reasons to wait.

I'm not sure of his name but on a bachelor tv show the guy intends to wait, wether or not this is for more media attention or not I don't know.

Megan Good waited until marriage with her husband Devon franklin (who is a pastor and has been celibate for over 10 years)

http://jezebel.com/5913551/meagan-good

http://madamenoire.com/225613/in-it-for-the-long-haul-devon-franklin-says-he-went-more-than-a-decade-without-s-e-x/

Tamera Mowry WTM with her now husband they were sexually active before but then decided to  til marriage they waited 3 years...

http://theybf.com/2011/10/03/exclusive-interview-tamera-mowry-housley-dishes-on-advice-for-brides-interracial-dating-h

3 people like this

@Tat - Excellent, thanks! I've got our researcher working on a profile for Megan and Tamera.

@Joolz - Good finds on those videos! I'll add them to the profile of Sean Lowe that we just put up.

That bachelor guy, Sean Lowe I think, is not a virgin though, he's waiting for his second time, but it still counts!